I don't agree with the tatics by "protesters" in Baltimore, but I fully understand it

Discussion in 'In the News' started by 4north1side2, Apr 28, 2015.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Thank God MLK was telling Negroes to burn down every major American city in the 1960s, no telling where we'd be if we didn't burn the muthafuckin' house down.:smt006

Civil Rights isn't the same fight as revolting against a foreign occupying nation.

2. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

The new attorney general and obama ain't go' do shit.

3. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Rep added.

4. andreboba

I'm really starting to believe forcing cops to wear cams would greatly reduce the incidence of overly aggressive police tactics.

Remember the show 'Cops'?? One thing that always stood out to me about that show was how professional and under control the POs were. Never hyper, never cussing at suspects.

Looking back, now I realize it's because those officers had a CAMERA CREW with them and the slightest thing they did in dealing with someone that wasn't by the book was going to get videotaped.

Cops need oversight and when the 'official' story about what happens on the street is the cop's version of the truth, you have a built in incentive for cops to lie.

5. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

GTFO with this revisionist bullshit. The civil rights movement didn't revolve solely around MLK. There were riots in every major city during that period as a backlash to the establishment. Not to mention the Panthers and all of the other militant groups that actually curbed police violence against the black community in California (before they banned open carry) openly brandishing weapons and standing off with the cops.

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Burning down BLACK neighborhoods/your own area, looting the stores for free shit, smashing cars = revolution?

:smt043

The colonials revolted against the British, not turn on themselves

I love see suburban people preach about violence, revolts and change from the safety net of their gated community

You don't have to deal with people breaking into your home in the name of 'justice' and if you did you'd be singing a different tune

7. andreboba

The riots and city burning happened after MLK was assassinated.

Riots were never the part of any effective Civil Rights strategy.

Learn your history.

The Black Panthers were extremely visible, but their national impact in the Black community was minimal.

There was NO Black Panther presence for the most part south of the Mason/Dixon line.

The Black Panthers curbed police violence???lol

Must be why they were systematically targeted by the FBI and most of their leaders were either arrested or murdered.

EDIT: I need to learn my history.:smt031

There were major riots prior to an after MLK's assassination.
    The first big Watts riots was in 1965 and there were roughly 100 riots before 1968 AND 100 more riots after MLK was murdered.
    Damn.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  8. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

He said California...

9. 4north1side2

[YOUTUBE]0HaaRZ8nxd4[/YOUTUBE]

“There is nothing ‘black’ about rioting”: Actor Jesse Williams unloads on Baltimore critics in passionate Twitter essay
    The "Grey's Anatomy" actor wrote about the prevelance of rioting throughout history

[​IMG]

n Monday evening, as Baltimore was rocked by violent and non-violent protests alike, actor Jesse Williams, known for his role on “Grey’s Anatomy” and for occasionally weighing in on issues of race and police brutality, wrote what amounted to an essay on the history of rioting.

[​IMG]

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

11. 4north1side2

I don't condone rioting and looting. But the fact that people are angrier and more outraged over buildings burning down than the actual death of Freddie Gray tells me everything I need to know about how much value this country places on the life of a black man.

Nobody has died in the Riots. All the property destoryed can be rebuilt. Tell me how Mr. Grey's family is going to rebuild there lives? CVS is a multi-million dollar company. As a Black Man in America I've learned long ago that my self worth begins with me. I can't relay on the dominate society to tell me my worth. But it is sad that the story is burning buildings and not a snapped neck in police custody.

If people cared half as much about the plight of their fellow citizens as they do about property damage then perhaps the riots and protest would never have been an issue. Its disheartening to see Americans (black, white whatever) so angry, upset, disgusted about damage to things yet when they hear of a unarmed black person being killed by police, its business or usual or they were probably an criminal.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  12. andreboba

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

People are outraged over the violence because it's targeting their own communities (instead of you know...being restricted to the areas of the politicians, cops, etc) and has the potential to severely hurt or kill more BLACK people

Again I'd like to see you people react when shitbags are climbing through your window or dragging you out of a store

In other news....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/....html?utm_hp_ref=black-voices&ir=Black Voices

One group burns, one group rebuilds

14. 4north1side2

Where are these stories of shit bags climbing thru innocent people windows? These stores have insurance so they will be ok and the people of the neighborhood are free to go elsewhere for business. Inconvenience yes, end of the world, no.

15. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

^This, but he at least did a Google search to find out that there were dozens and dozens of riots while King was still alive, so I won't waste my time schooling his ass.

16. 4north1side2

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

That last tweet was totally spot on

18. z

z Well-Known Member

Baltimore on lock down tonight

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Some of those White faces getting those five finger discounts as well-where is Fox News? Nowhere. So are the right wing pundits.

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:smt043

I haven't heard five-finger discount in a while