Yet ANOTHER Police Shooting. Yes, This Victim Was Also Unarmed.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Since1980, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

South Carolina Highway Patrol Trooper shoots unarmed man. Dashcam records everything.

[​IMG]

South Carolina Highway Patrol Trooper Sean Groubert opened fire on an unarmed man during a routine traffic stop earlier this month.

Groubert, 31, pulled over Levar Jones, 35, for a seat belt violation on Sept. 4.
    Dashcam video of the incident released Wednesday shows Groubert’s patrol car pulling up behind Jones’ vehicle at a gas station. Jones gets out of the vehicle and Groubert asks for his license.
    Then, as Jones reaches back in his vehicle, Groubert opens fire.

[YOUTUBE]RBUUO_VFYMs[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympl...n-unarmed-man-and-now-may-go?bffbnews#49789f8

Groubert was arrested Wednesday and could go to prison for 20 years.

Prosecutors charged Groubert with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. The maximum penalty for the charges is 20 years in prison.
    Groubert’s bond was set at $75,000.

If not for this dashcam vid, Groubert most definitely would have gotten away with this.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  2. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Glad to see that fucktard was arrested. Hope he gets his much deserved jail time. Thankfully the victim wasn't critically injured. He'll be able to see justice served.

3. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Agreed. I hope he gets an appropriate penalty. Although we don't know how the jury would rule. They could still rule in favor of the cop or give him too light of a sentence.

4. Since1980

I'm actually shocked that the state of South Carolina actually charged him with anything seeing as how law enforcement has been getting away with murder lately. He's currently free on a $75,000 bond. Hopefully this case will see an indictment returned against him.

A perfect example of the kind of person that does not need to have a gun and badge.

5. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

God damn, dude.

I hope this dude does get the maximum. I hope some bullshit doesn't happen where the his defense goes "well, the man did reach into his car in a hurried manner" or some shit and it flies.

6. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Hell the only reasons are

1. Video
    2. You can hear the cop say get your wallet.

If it wasnt for those 2 , he would havent been facing a jury

7. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Keyword: MURDER

He failed to murder the black man so now he's being punished for it.

8. Raudi

Raudi Member

What????? The cop has no first name? Only Groubert?

I know is should suggest the cop they should watch me get my I.D. from now on.:(

The shit is getting deep people, look after yourself.

:smt108

9. Since1980

Sadly, you're right. If that man had died the dashcam footage may have become "unvailable" for viewing. From there it's only a hop, skip and a jump to Groubert claiming that he shot because he saw a weapon.

His first name is Sean.

10. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Doubt it. There are other cases where white officers have been convicted for murdering black men and women. If he actually died, he'd still be charged, but you might not be able to realize that.

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/05/04/us/3-ex-policemen-are-convicted-in-texas-killing.html

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Unbelievable

TG for the dash cam... it never lies. TG he survived! Imagine how he and his family must feel right now...he literally and figuratively dodged a fatal bullet.

Once they sue the Department, I hope they bankrupt the loser, skittish, punk-ass thug in a cop's uniform, He belongs in jail.

On a related note, that middle-aged BW that was brutally beat up by the highway thug-punk excuse-for-a cop that was caught on tape last month, just settled today for $1.5 million compensation. I think she was homeless too, so may she prosper and enjoy her days in peace.

12. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

If the money that goes to settle these police shootings came from police retirement/pension fund instead of the taxpayers.....this shit would come to a screetching halt.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

That right there, Without a doubt.

Imagine cleaning out their pension funds. Something as blatant as that trigger-happy performance we just witnessed, it should be automatic that his victim can sue him personally, on top of everything else.

14. Since1980

Good! Now that was some police brutality. That was so egregious that if I didn't see the video I would doubt that it even happened. She deserves every cent that she can get for what she had to go through.

:smt038

That's really the worst part about police brutality. The offenders see almost no consequences from their actions because they're almost never personally held accountable. They either get suspended with pay or, if they are fired, go work somewhere else until they do something else insane.

15. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

beat me too it. Problem is the money is not tied to their pay.

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Whatd really disgusting is the giy inn penn syaye shooting cops; they put on the news shoot pn sight unless he surrenders.

Chew on that for a sec.

17. archangel

Thank god this officer much like the officer in CA that was beating a woman in broad day light prevented this citizen from getting hurt.

end of sarcasm!!!!

You remember the cop who was beating on the woman in CA. He quit. The woman got a 1.1 million settlement. He will probably get another job at another police department.

18. archangel

I will give South Carolina credit. They charged the man and fired him(didn't allow him to quit first to get another job.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Anotha black person brutalized by the police

Smdh

20. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Assault and battery? Are you fucking kidding me? Wow
    That shit is attempted manslaughter at minimum attempted murder in reality. He didn't swing on him with a bat, he opened fire at a fucking gas station based on absolutely nothing