HIV has risen to a whole new level in the south.

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by KingAesop, Sep 23, 2014.

1. KingAesop

KingAesop Active Member

2. satyr

satyr New Member

There is a lot of carelessness among blacks that rivals that of the gay community. You have black women who seem to be the last person to know that their husbands or boyfriends are gay.

You ever see that shit? A sister with her husband in church; dude is gayer than a Richard Simmons workout tape but no one ever says anything. I don't care how hard it is to find a black man, stop fucking with dudes who have question marks hanging over them.

The level of repression for gays is also harsher in the south, so men who should feel comfortable being in their own skin equivocate about their sexuality.

3. Negus

Negus New Member

I agree with you satyr on that. I live in the Atlanta metropolitan area. Atlanta is the "Gayest city in the U.S." A lot of black women are "Fag Hags" (thinking that they can turn a Gay man straight) looking the other way when they know that their man is cheatin' on them with another man. I call it wishful thinking! Sister's seem to love these "Moist dudes." It's no wonder a lot of black women have AIDS.

4. KingAesop

KingAesop Active Member

I'm from Atlanta, born and raised 30 years. I live in New England now. One thing that I have noticed is that there is a tremendous lack of healthcare and education on the issue. Truth be told, the south is struggling right now, not from the actions of the people but from its leadership. Gay people are everywhere; not just in Atlanta. Yes, Atlanta has a large gay community, but never in the history of this disease has there been a lack of neglect such as this one, minus the denial by the government of its existence in the 80's.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

shit you've been making a lot of sense lately. I'm scared now, rep coming

6. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

7. Athena

Athena New Member

Yes, heterosexual riding bareback is a very important mode of transmission of HIV. Male to male transmission is more prevalent but heterosexual contact is a big problem too.

Just wear a condom until you know each other's status people, it's a no brainer for crying out loud.

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pdf/statistics_2011_HIV_Surveillance_Report_vol_23.pdf#Page=29

8. The Dark King

Shit even after knowing each others' status you never know. People cheat like crazy these days.
    Athena I was always under the impression that the main mode of transmission was blood not really vaginal fluid or seaman.

9. Athena

Athena New Member

"Blood, semen (cum), pre-seminal fluid (pre-cum), rectal fluids, vaginal fluids, and breast milk—from an HIV-infected person can transmit HIV." Just so you know it's not just me saying this, the quote is from the CDC.

And you're right, people are nasty.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

This shit is really fucking sickening

With so many ways to get condoms n shit plus advancements in education, HIV aids should be more contained and not spreading like this

But like others are saying that cheating shit is probably a big culprit. You think ur the only person someone is fucking, when in reality ur just a number

Shit crazier than a mug

11. Athena

Athena New Member

Agreed.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I just can't believe that so many people would forgo protection like that

You hear bout HIV and aids booming and still decide to not wear a rubber

Something doesn't add up

13. The Dark King

People aren't that thoughtful, it comes down to in the moment thinking with b.s. like Yolo

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Fuck

That

Shit

Lol

15. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

According to the CDC, there is still almost a 1 in 5 protection failure rate when using condoms. In this day and age, sleeping around with multiple partners is literally playing Russian roulette with your health.

"Male condom— Latex condoms, the most common type, help prevent pregnancy, and HIV and other STDs, as do the newer synthetic condoms. “Natural” or “lambskin” condoms also help prevent pregnancy, but may not provide protection against STDs, including HIV. Typical use failure rate: 18%. "
    http://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/UnintendedPregnancy/Contraception.htm

16. satyr

satyr New Member

1-.18 = 82% success rate.

17. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

That is one way to look at it, another is like I stated, a 1 in 5 chance of condom failure.

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

U ain't eva lied

19. satyr

satyr New Member

Hmmm.

Harvard's acceptance rate: 5.9% (2014). Rejection (failure) rate: 94.1%

Percentage of NCAA men's basketball players who go pro: 1.2%. Failure rate: 98.8%

Rate of serious injury and fatalities with seat belt use: 50% (NHTSA)

The relative comparison makes condom use a strong bet. You're 32% more likely to walk away from a sexual encounter without a disease or unwanted pregnancy if you use a condom than avoiding death or serious injury when using a seat belt.

20. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

God damn, I can't wait until some chick (who doesn't cheat) comes and sweeps me off my feet so I don't have to live in fear of this type of shit anymore.