Killing Of The Lion

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I was thinking the same thing. Is the level of outrage justified?

Well the lions are becoming extinct so i get that.

Also this guy was hunting as some kind of ego thing. Im not with that bs.

3. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

He paid $50,000+ to murder an animal for sport. It's absolutely disgusting and Im glad to see the level of outrage surrounding it. That man has killed 45+ animals and has had charges brought against him before for hunting illegally. He gets off on murdering animals. Utterly sick and twisted if you ask me. His business is taking a hit and I hope he finds himself in even hotter water for this last murder.

4. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

Animal lovers fight already for a long time against torturing, cruelty, abusing of wildlife . Now they have the chance to change something. For the harrassment and the Threats, I have no heart. Never it would come in my mind to insult or threat anyone. On the other hand, I have absolutly no tolerance for killing for fun.
    If someone has no feelings for animals, it's hard to convince this person.
    But the animal lovers fight now against ignorance, against people , who think their desire, their will, their ego and their money is more worth than a life. Let's see who wins.

here you can see, how people all over the globe think:

https://secure.avaaz.org/de/save_africas_lions_loc/?wbcDkcb

every sec. someone is signing the petition, tonight 1 Mio will be full

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

People are so weird to me regarding stuff like this. If you want to be against animal testing fine I get that but hunting is as natural as breathing in this world. Everyone acts as if this lion would have lived to the ripe old age of 80 if not for hunters. Does everyone not get how the animal kingdom works? Its brutal as fuck, if another lion wouldn't have taken him out it would have been a pack of jackals. Animals do not live otherwise peaceful lives if not bothered by hunters. At night by my house I constantly hear racoons fighting each other or coyotes killing a deer. Nature is not kind but we have gotten insulated and forget how this shit works. Every living thing is either being killed or killing something else to live.

6. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Not to undermine the hunting of wild animals, particularly anything that would be considered an endangered species, but it just seems that people tend to grasp onto the latest news trend to sweep the nation or world.

Like the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, for example.

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I don't have an issue with hunting or fishing for food. But killing for the sake of killing seems wrong in my opinion.

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I Get what u are saying but this dude was hunting for sport and not for survival. Animals hunt to survive.

9. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

ding ding ding. What happens between wild animals is part of life. A man paying a shit ton of money to track and kill a wild animal is disgusting. Survival is one thing. Killing for "fun" is what I take issue with and it's precisely what this sorry excuse for a man did.

10. The Dark King

Killing for fun is also a part of life other animals do it as well and I have a hard time feeling sorry for an animal that would have no problem killing me or a defenseless child just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. And sometimes sport hunting is actually a good thing in keeping dangerous predators from killing live stock needed for food. I think the image is much more offensive to people than the act itself because most people don't give two shits about the animal cruelty involved in getting them cosmetics and food they like to eat. What they do to cows and chickens is far more offensive and cruel but it won't stop most from pulling up to that drive thru beep beep

11. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I'm with Thump on this one.

12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol....
    Lol

Wait a minute.... u serious?

13. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Well, you must also take in to account a few other factors.....Cecil was apparently not at all just another arbitrary lion in that park....he was a tagged animal with a metal band, in the confines of a managed exhibit. he was the territorial head of a local pride with several lioness' and the protective father of a number of cubs..... finally and most significantly, the park authorities and local rangers had developed an understanding and trust with this lion and his pride,...the lion did not regard humans a prey and would let them get close to film and take pictures.....Thousands of European tourist over the years had traveled to the park and taken personal photos of Cecil..
    ....The dentist was only able to get close enough to shoot him with an arrow first and then a gun, because the animal trusted humans and felt no need to defend it self....This dentist is classified as a trophy hunter.....meaning he keeps the stuffed heads of his big game kills as a trophy back at his home......To think that this beloved lion was killed, skinned and decapitated for an American dentist's trophy ego is what has so many up-in-arms....Now supposedly the dentist paid two local poachers $50,ooo to lure the lion out of the confines of the protected exhibit.....they put the carcass of a dead animal on top of the trunk of a vehicle to bait Cecil.....when he came to retrieve the food, the Dentist shot him......The trouble for that dentist is that he is a rich Republican with a gun and the Obama administration has an extradition treaty with that country....The African country wants him to come back to answer questions......if convicted he is looking at 15 years in an African prison...

14. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Expand on that

15. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

I put that in there especially for you......
    The expansion... is that he will not get any sympathy from this president for his crime and he will probably be extradited ......Which will be justified by our Government............Federal authorities are already looking for him.......

16. goodlove

goodlove New Member

U break da law u break da law

17. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

Cecil became a symbol for all the wildlife in Africa.

- People who want to live out their baser instincts, such as killing for fun, are not ethical. We live in the 21st century

-The Economy of Africa is blocked by trophy hunting. Instead, that jobs for the people are created by expanding its tourism, a few corrupt politicians fill their pockets.

- It has become now to an extent that it can be related to drug trafficking, arms trafficking, blood diamond trade and thus compare with the support of terrorist groups

I know some people do not care if an animal is slaughtered and some do not care if an animal screams in pain, being tortured to death. But more and more people stand up and shout those people directly in their face. " We are tired of it!"

And btw... you can see yourself, how many that are
    https://secure.avaaz.org/de/save_africas_lions_loc/?fpla

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  18. The Dark King

I'm far more concerned about the torture and murder of human beings.

19. The Dark King

20. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

dumb shit right there.