Tennis Season is ON!! Roland Garros

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tuckerreed, May 30, 2006.

1. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

the fun has started at the French Open, who is watching?

2. hellspawn72

hellspawn72 Member

I'm keeping an eye on it. But I'm not watching it everyday constantly like I used to. Remem, the NBA playoffs is on and TV is going into it's summer run. Hell, I'll probably be watching soccer as well, with the world cup on the way. Tennis is gonna have some trouble grabbing viewers from here in the states, especially so close to Wimbledon.

3. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

i cant wait til Wimbeldon but I will be glued to the World Cup also. Americans dont watch the World Cup much nor do most of the country watch tennis.

i dont watch the NBA but lots do watch it in the US. I am watching the French Open, lots of golf, baseball(of course) and the Hockey Championships---Go Buffalo Sabres!!!!

4. 'Sup.

'Sup. New Member

I am watching Tucker. I hope Federer wins, all 4 gland slam in a row then. Love to watch him play...just so much better than everyone else lol. Nadal will probably win again though.

5. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

sharapova is out!!

6. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

watched it last night, sad that James didnt make it, but the french fellow Gaels played a great match.

7. 'Sup.

'Sup. New Member

I watched the final. I thought Federer might win after set 1. Nadal wins again though. Now we wait to see Federer beat everybody at Wimbledon lol :roll:

8. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Tennis 2011

To all the posters from this thread, I hope you don't mind me hijacking it as a vehicle for tennis discussion in general. I figured that was more efficient than giving the moderators yet another thread to supervise.

Now, anyone as amped about Novak Djokovic's victory over Rafa Nadal as I was? The field is getting competitive again. That can only bode well for the game. Can't wait to see how Juan Martin del Potro's game fares now that he's back.

9. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

The changing of the guard is in progress.

Novak has reinvented himself and Del Potro will be back to his old form.

10. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

When Djokovic beats Nadal at a Grand Slam - preferably on clay - then wake me up. Till then, Rafa is king.:prayer:

11. orejon4

Rafa is probably rethinking his career right about now. I'm not saying he's done, but Djokovic is asserting himself finally, in the absence of Federer.

12. flaminghetero

Go back to sleep.

13. orejon4

I think Rafa's dominance might be coming to an end. He's a great player and human being - signed my son's tennis bag, lol - but I'm looking forward to more competition in the men's rankings.

14. flaminghetero

Djokovic is running federer and nadal ragged.

I never thought i'd see the day.

15. orejon4

Now if only Tsonga and Monfils would step up their games...Blake never really got his game going.

16. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

Oh, so you are saying that Rafa is still king? See, I can be a smart ass too, as opposed to effectively argue my points like a rational human being.

17. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

I am not a keen tennis fan but i love to see maria sharapova play

18. orejon4

For obvious reasons, right? :)

19. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

You got that right i don't follow the tennis ball at all, my eyes are glued on her

20. flaminghetero

Those 2 look for any excuse to get hurt.

Tsonga can't even answer the phone without getting hurt.