Killing Of The Lion

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Jul 31, 2015.

1. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

I also have 2 nuts in my sack...unlike you.:D

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

But you dont know what to do with them

:)

3. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Flame, love u but u cant out -zing me.

When are u gonna learn?

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol

Lol

"Running the dozens" is brutal but fun

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Someone remind TDK that lions are apex predators. THey have no natural enemies in the animal kingdom. Except MAN.

Also, we are the only species capable of making other species extinct.
    We're the only species that hunts for SPORT. Because we get off on watching other animals die...a classic symptom of sociopathy.[​IMG]

We're the only species that threatens every other species on the planet with extinction, which is why lions in Zimbabwe live on government protected game reserves.

Like it or not, we are the caretakers of the planet and every living thing on it, because our species is the greatest threat to ALL life on the planet.

If Africa made hunting lions legal across the continent, there would be no lions there in less than 3 years.
    We'd slaughter the entire lion population with industrial level efficiency for trophy heads and rugs.:vom:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol....lol

9. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

This is something for all people that are willing to be informed, willing to be open for a future with higher standards, for a better living.
    It's easy to be ignorant and even easier to reject every argument.

Professor David Macdonald is director of the Wildlife Conservation Research Unit at the University of Oxford, in the UK and tries to explain it (out of scientific view, not politically)

https://soundcloud.com/abeautifulworld/cecil-the-lion-macdonald

10. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Word. School the ignorant. Rep definitely coming.

11. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

And you exactly to do with some nuts...I'm sure of it.

.:smt042

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  12. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Yeah. How do u think u got here?

Lol

Boom

;-)

13. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I agree with your statement about the inhumane way in which food animals are housed until they're slaughtered. As for killing for fun, I've only heard of primates engaging in non-essential violence (chimps with the exception of bonobos). Any others that you're aware of? And even if other animals do, as humans we should have a higher consciousness (I know, wishful thinking on my part).

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

The truth is that lion was 13 and if in the wild and not in captivity for our amusement he would have been dead pretty soon anyway.
    You people are acting like if left in the wild completely void of human beings lions would live for decades and the truth is because of the natural way of things their lives are short and horrifically violent.
    For some reason its more noble to you that a lion either die over territory with another lion, carcass left to be devoured by other animals and bugs opposed to being hunted. And the funny thing is none of you hypocrites are making any compelling argument other than its wrong. Why is it wrong? I would agree if you said that sport hunting was destroying the ecosystem and Africa was being over run with gazelle like much of the northeast is with deer but some of you slow people see this natural killing machine and see Ashland or Mustafah. This ain't a Disney movie. They don't show Simba killing and eating his two friends, which would happen under any other circumstance in real life, because people wouldn't pay to watch that.

15. The Dark King

Like I said its weird people advocating for this shit aren't vegans. Most of these bandwagon jumpers will eat half a burger and waste the rest giving absolutely no thought to the way the animal died so they can stuff their face.

16. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Did you know that 2/3 of the trophy hunting is made by Americans and they are white, rich people? Zimbabwes GDP is about 0.3? for hunting. Meaning, the 50k to 100k per trophy kill lines the pockets of local "guides" and never benefit the locals?

Besides the fact that it's illegal, Cecil was not a legal hunt, the "guides didnt have a permit to kill a lion in 2015. and he suffered for 40 hours after they lured him out of his protected habitat and finally put down with a mercy shot to his forehead after a non lethal arrow . he left 25 unprotected cubs that are in danger to be killed as the new head, as lions do, kill them off spring to be able to mate. So far, they seem to be OK, but we can't afford to kill lions, they are on the verge of extinction.
    The two guides for this illegal hunt are arrested and they are seeking extradition of this rich, white dude to face the music in Zimbabwe.

And since the 70s, roughly 75% of the population has been reduced due to poaching?

17. The Dark King

Now this part is totally fucked up and he should be punished for this.
    The unprotected cub thing is literally a part of nature. It's unfortunate but if they were in the wild that's what they'd have to face.
    But it being illegal due to the species being on the verge of extinction is totally valid and I get it. My issue was everyone trying to make the lion into some cuddly defenseless animal and that the only way hunting is "fair" is if the lion has a gun too.

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

A farmer killing to protect his livestock is NOT sport hunting.
    Just because conservationists and governments have made deliberate efforts to preserve endangered an animal population doesn't mean they're hypocrites because they aren't successful in protecting ALL endangered species.

What kind of argument is that??

And what does the natural lifespan of an animal have to do with protecting the species from sport hunting??

Approximately 100K lions were on the African continent in 1980.
    Now there are roughly 30,000 left.

Trophy hunting of endangered species needs to stop.

19. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

No one has ever made Cecil out to be a cuddly defenseless animal.

Are you okay with poachers killing elephants for ivory? Or rhinos? Or any of the other big game animals that are hunted and killed for stupid reasons?

20. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

peeps I need to inform you about something, that saddens me pretty much. I' ve just found out that in USA more than 1000 animals, even exotic animals like lions (bred, transported from Africa or from different Zoos) are captured, drugged and killed, in a fenced area like in South Africa.
    Just for fun and entertainment of rich fucked up bored rich people.

This is a petition for Arizona, but it happens all over USA.

[​IMG]

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/de-de/149/487/053/ban-canned-hunting-in-arizona/

I try to find someone who is willing to open a new petition concerning the whole US..maybe someone can help me through the process...I've sent an email to Born Free Foundation, but I don't know, whether I'll receive an answer