Dating Shows with BM/WW IR

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by kenny_g, Aug 8, 2006.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I usually don't care for MTV reality shows. If this was on sister network VH1 instead, I'd be less hesitant to give this a shot. Which seasons are worth watching?

2. ColiBreh1

I'm 6 episodes into Season 1 & I can't believe I'm all in on this show. I'm even watching the extended & deleted scenes from MTV's YouTube Channel.

Please keep in mind I usually don't care Reality shows. I haven't watched a dating reality show since season 1 of "For the Love of Ray J". (Ray J & Cocktail not being together long term after the season ended hurt me so much, I didn't bother watching season 2 & I hadn't watching a dating reality show since than).

3. ColiBreh1

I'm starting up on Season 3, which just ended a month & half ago.

Through the first 2 seasons, for the most part I would say this show is waste of your time if you're getting into this show to see BM/WW IR hook-ups. None of the non-black women give any of the brothas any play. The only exception is Wes & Kayla in the 1st season and even with that Kayla treated Wes as 2nd fiddle to Ryan despite Wes being Kayla's perfect match, so I never could get emotionally invested in Wes & Kayla.

The most frustrating part is a lot a of the white dudes are lame AF (especially in season 2), but they stay getting play from all the women. Either MTV purposely got introverted brothas on this show or/and the non-black women are afraid to pursue Brothas on national TV.

A poster in another thread mentioned that their are 3 BM/WW matches in Season 3, so hopefully this season is different.

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

MTV was better when they played nothing but music videos. The show Remote Control was fun(Kari Wurher and Jenny McCarthy were on that show along with comedian Collin Quinn). And the premier of a new video was a pretty big deal back then. Artists would stop by to make an appearance or host a show for a while. And then there was MTV News with Kurt Loder and Serena Altschull. Today it's all about reality shows and music videos are shown after midnight.

5. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

I liked the first season the best the second was OK but season three was stupid to me. It's totally scripted and there was no way they would have had all 10 perfect matches, every single season they always end up with 10 perfect matches... trash TV.

I do like the challenge

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I agree. I haven't watched MTV since maybe 1999-2000. I even forget that it exists to be honest.

7. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

I guess I'm in the minority in this because I actually enjoy all the shows that do come on, whether old or new. Between documentaries like True Life, Catfish: The TV Show, to the reality series, like Teen Mom, 16 & Pregnant and finally, programs like Faking It, Awkward, and upcoming fantasy series Shannara, which Jon Favreau will serve as director, I think it's much better.

I never really cared for the music videos and such for MTV, since my childhood for that network consisted of Beavis & Butt-Head, The Maxx, The Head, The Brothers' Grunt, along with some off beat shows.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You mofos got me watching this trash on youtube when I'm suppose to be working. Damn yall lol

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Catfish was the best show MTV had, imho.

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I especially miss seeing Martha Quinn and Nina Blackwood(Blackwood once did a nude spread in some magazine once). They were my favorite VJs.

11. ColiBreh1

I just got done with Season 3. It's the same sh*t. None of the women give any of the brothas any play, which means the brothas don't make romantic connections. Don't bother with this show if you're getting into it to see IR hook-ups (except for maybe Season 1).

You're better off watching a Black reality show with white/non-black female contestants (i.e. VH1's "For the Love of Ray J" and "Real Chance of Love") if you want to see IR hookups.

@Morning Star Why did you say in the IR on TV thread there was 3 BM/WW matches in the latest season? There was only 2 brothas & only 1 of them had an IR match.

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Yeah felt the same way. I really don't like how dude got kicked off for getting that girl off him. They totally railroaded him

13. KWillo

KWillo Active Member

I agree.The MTV I grew up on was much better than what it's become now.

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

What surprised me back then was the fact that MTV was co-created by Mike Nesmith of The Monkees(a fictional band based on The Beatles). Nesmith was in the U.K. and he saw many music videos there in the late 60's. If you look at The Monkees tv show, every song performed in an episode was a music video. The same thing with The Partridge Family(a fictional band based on the group The Cowsills). Back in the days, we couldn't afford to get MTV in our cable system. But we also had the show Night Tracks on Atlanta's TBS station on Friday and Saturday night. NBC had Friday Night Videos and HBO had Video Jukebox as a filler between programs. The USA Network had Night Flight(they played a lot of uncensored music videos and films). Those were fun times.

15. ColiBreh1

Trailer for the upcoming season 4 dropped today:

I bingewatched the first 3 seasons back in December. I assumed this show was done because MTV didn't even bother to do a reunion show for Season 3 + this show doesn't seem to be that popular.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  16. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Ah another season where bm are being dodged like the plague. :smt043 :smt043

17. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

18. K

K Well-Known Member

nah

19. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Which why I won't be kissing____:)

20. K

K Well-Known Member

LOL yah OK