Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Akeildboss

Akeildboss Active Member

YOOO ECHO PARK LOOKS AWESOME IN THE TRAILER BUT ANYONE GOT ANY LINKS TO SEE IT ONLINE ?

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

It just got it's limited theater release on April 15th. So it hasn't been released on Blu-ray or DVD yet.

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Hope to see that flick when it come to my city.

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Echo Park is on Netflix.

5. Soulthinker

I hate that.

6. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Z for Zachariah

[​IMG]

[YOUTUBE]5k5tlNHUCj0[/YOUTUBE]

Synopsis
    Nuclear apocalypse survivor Ann Burden(Margot Robbie) ekes out an agrarian life on her family's valley farmstead, sheltered from radioactive contaminants by rocky hillsides, favorable weather patterns, and an abundant ground-fed water supply.

One day Ann encounters fellow survivor John Loomis(Chiwetel Ejiofor), a highly skilled engineer, who, aided by medicines and a radiation suit, has traveled from a distant military bunker to the safe confines of Burden's valley. Loomis bathes in contaminated water, and immediately sickens, but is nursed back to health by Ann, who welcomes him into her farmhouse.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. ColiBreh1

Old news. The movie came out last year. Of course we discussed it in this thread. I still haven't seen it yet though.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  8. Soulthinker

Me niether. Hope to see it soon.

9. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

That DVD is sold at Wal-Mart for $12.00-$13.00. I passed by it and Focus. But haven't bought them yet. It will be a while before they are transferred to the bargain bin for $3.74.

10. blackbull1970

Maybe you discussed it in another thread, because I did a search in this thread before I posted it and it was only mentioned one time by name and nobody replied to it after.

That's why I posted it.

11. ColiBreh1

You might be right. Because I think I did create a specific thread for this movie.

EDIT:
    Link: http://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27059

12. blackbull1970

I have not read the book, but just saw the movie.

At the end, did he let go and kill Chris Pine character or did he actually leave.

There seemed to be mixed signals on what Chris Pines character was about. He was not a saint but he did not come off as a jerk.

The jealousy seemed to come all from the brothas way.

And it was obvious all 3 of them lied about how they survived.

13. Westie

Westie Member

Don't you know, Kirk ALWAYS got all the women. He was a galactic whore.

14. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I thought the movie was rather good.

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

16. Soulthinker

They are a great pair Elba and Winslet. I look forward to that flick soon.

17. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Interesting, they were also in talks to to star in another romantic movie a spy thriller called "All The Old Knives".[​IMG] http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3400249/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Winslet-Elba-spy-lovers.html

I wonder what happened there. Is it still on?

18. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

19. ColiBreh1

Yep, in.

If we can only get 1 movie, I hope "All the Old Knives" gets greenlit. I'd much rather watch a romatic spy thriller, than a straight-up romantic drama.

20. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Same here. Not because I'm not into romantic dramas(when written right), but if I had to choose I'm taking the romantic spy thriller.