Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Why would they need to show them if they weren't needed to play a part in the central story being told? That's like asking why didn't we see AT-AT's or speeder bikes in Episode IV. The Stormtroopers could have easily ridden on some sort of sand speeders or other all terrain vehicles on Tatooine rather than on Dewbacks in Episode IV.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I know story-wise they can come up with a reason to explain why we never seen or heard about Deathtroopers before.

But it seems to me the only reason to create an entirely new class of Stormtroopers is to sell more toys.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Star Wars is the perfect franchise to make money on multiple fronts from. Why else do you think Disney scooped it up? Definitely wasn't out of love for Star Wars fans. Same reason they are going all in on the diversity end of things with these new films. They are going to get EVERYBODY'S money in one form or another.

4. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

You do realize these movies are not documentaries of real life events?

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Really? Well that changes everything!

6. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Ok so why are the death troopers being introduced. I know some are saying its because Disney needs to sell some new toys but y'all got it wrong. They are introducing them because if there is a star wars movie where Star wars fans actually see a storm trooper actually hit anything our whole star wars universe view would be shattered because as any star wars fan knows a storm trooper couldn't hit the ocean even if he was in a raft in the middle of the ocean.

Logically you would think that it would be pretty easy to figure why these troopers were not seen in the OT. I would wager to guess that the death troopers are elite and specialized units of the empire. Kind of like the arc clone troopers from the clone wars tv series. They are not large in number and expensive to produce. Why deploy them in what is largely a recovery mission in ANH,(most likely would have taken part in the battle of Yavin IV and lead the empire in driving the rebels to Hoth, again this takes place off screen so would see them there anyway) ESB took place largely in space and they seem like ground troops, ROTJ small band of rebels on Endor you figure a legion of regular troops could handle that.

As for the whole death star thing just think of the original death star as the original nuclear bomb, 1 bomb one target you would need to be fairly close to launch it and hit the target. Death star had to be fair close it target to blow it up a planet and move the death star giving people chances to flee. A couple of decades later the ICBM comes along equipped with multiple warheads and could be launched in the middle of America and hit multiple targets in Russia, this is what Star Killer base is more like. One blast multiple target destroyed at the same time.

7. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Disney Orders Reshoots for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
    June 1

Disney has ordered four weeks of reshoots for Star Wars: Rogue One, the first Star Wars Anthology film, a source telling the New York Post that "...the movie isn’t testing well."

The reshoots by director Gareth Edwards on the prequel story of rebels efforts to steal plans for the Death Star will begin in June.

Other anonymous sources suggested that audience tests had not yet taken place, but that executives that screened the film felt it was tonally off and needed lightening, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Reshoots in and of themselves are not unusual; even Star Wars: The Force Awakens had reshoots, in that case much later (September for a film releasing in December . But multiple reports of problems with the film may reveal some real problems, which reshoots may or may not correct.

Link

8. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Just by the trailer alone, I wasn't interested in seeing this film.

This doesn't surprise me at all. I just hope that the reshoots improve the film.

9. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Darth Vader confirmed to appear in Star Wars Rogue One.

10. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I feel as though this film will be complete garbage...

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

FOREST WHITAKER'S ROGUE ONE CHARACTER IS FROM STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS

[​IMG]

The identity of Forest Whitaker's character in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story has been revealed.

According to EW, the actor will play Saw Gerrera, the "shadowy freedom-fighter" who has a deep-rooted past in Star Wars history. In fact, his character first appeared as a young man (voiced by Andrew Kishino) fighting off a droid army on Onderon during the fifth season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

In the animated series, Gerrera also trained alongside his sister Steela in the episode "A War on Two Fronts" as part of an insurgent group led by Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ahsoka Tano. After losing much for his efforts, he develops a mistrust for any and all authority. As such, Gerrera will serve as an ally to the Rebels in Rogue One, but isn't truly a part of the squad.

"He's off on his own," Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said of his character. "Consider him kind of a battered veteran who leads a band of Rebel extremists. He’s on the fringe of the Rebel Alliance. Even [they] are a little concerned about him."

The studio wanted Rogue One to feature a character that worked more on the fringe and represented the extreme side of the fight against the Emperor. "The Death Star is the event that sort of pulls everybody into a place of unity, and prior to that it’s a little bit more divided. Who are at the different ends of that spectrum?" story development head Kiri Hart said.

Additionally, the inclusion of Saw Gerrera provided the studio with the opportunity to incorporate another one of George Lucas' characters, as the Star Wars creator has since stepped away from the franchise entirely.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story opens in theaters on December 16 and will indeed feature an appearance by Darth Vader. Last month it was reported that the film will undergo four weeks of re-shoots to adjust the tone so that it more closely matches that of Star Wars: Episode IV.

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

They say war changes a man, but I didn't know it can change someones eye color. ;)

13. Westie

Westie Member

Or alignment for that matter. :rolleyes:

14. SilverSmith

[youtube]/HUb_zpdyDpU[/youtube]

Director Gareth Edwards and cast discuss the making of "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" in a Star Wars Celebration behind-the-scenes sizzle reel.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If you were a fan of the Expanded Star Wars Universe prior to the Disney take over, you'll recognize a certain someone that they are re-introducing back into Star Wars canon.

[YOUTUBE]xmXp802sFgQ[/YOUTUBE]

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm glad they are throwing a bone to old canon fans. I hope this isn't the last time.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The New Young Han Solo

[​IMG]

Alden Ehrenreich is your new Han Solo!

Walt Disney Studios officially announced the casting earlier today when they introduced Ehrenreich to a massive audience at Star Wars Celebration Europe. He was then joined on stage by directors Phil Lord & Chris Miller, who hilariously revealed to the crowd that despite auditioning over 3,000 different actors for the role, Ehrenreich was literally the very first person they ever sat down with.

It's still very early, so no fellow cast members or characters were revealed, but one thing we do know is that Han's trusy co-pilot Chewy will definitely be appearing. Ehrenreich shared the news while discussing the extensive casting process: "I read the sides and I loved them. I auditioned for six months. The coolest part was I went on the Falcon for a chemistry test with Chewbacca. It was unbelievable. It was more exciting than nerve-racking.”

Miller & Lord remained fairly coy when asked to share details about the film, but they did divulge that they had recently moved to London to begin prep and are hoping for a January, possibly February 2017 start date. The directing duo are currently hard at work penning the script alongside Lawrence & Jon Kasdan.

The film is expected to hit theaters May 25, 2018.

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Rogue One looks like it's going to be a better flick than the disappointing The Force Awakens.

19. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Each time I see the trailer I get more enthusiastic about the film.

20. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member