BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Find some self esteem fam. I agree more often than not adonis types get the girl but women aren't made in a factory. For every 50 that go for Tyson Beckfords of the world there is at least 5 who aren't hyper focused on just that. Some women are incredibly turned on by intelligence and confidence. Not to mention he tends to attract crazy girls and with them all bets are off. The hottest girls I've hooked up with weren't with me because I was good looking it literally came down to good timing and the fact I was different from the guys they usually dated but at one point they'd all would have said they loved me. I've seen that played out in many situations not just my own. I think the best way to look at a character like Marty is to see a guy who's pulling girls because he frankly doesn't give a shit, he doesn't grovel, and believes he's worthy in fact he acts like he's doing them a favor. Now contrast that to Doug's character better looking smart guy but a straight up bitch. Just something to think about.

2. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I'm fine, dude. Don't need a helping of self esteem or anything. Nonetheless the vast majority of people on the Earth have or at least tried to punch above their weight in the dating game. For many reasons you may have a "4" end up with an "8" or better. But if you don't think overall that beautiful people don't gravitate towards other beautiful people in general then you live in another world. There are reasons why questions like "how she end up with THAT guy, or how did he GET her" have come from people's lips all across the globe for centuries. Partly because of jealousy or being too interested in other people's lives that don't concern you. But mostly because its not the norm. Not saying it doesn't happen of course but typically the Paul Giamattis ain't dating the Margot Robbies if you get my drift. But on House of Lies...Marty has had a bunch of Margot Robbie level type of women. It makes my eyes roll. And I'll ask you this....do you see a lot of TV shows and movies pairing as many average looking women with much better looking men? Because I don't. And the reasons come down to nothing about self esteem, it comes down to male producers, writers and directors living out their fantasies of pairing the so-so looking dudes with gorgeous women.

By the way I don't think the guy playing Doug is all that attractive. He's tall, that's about it. Maybe he plays up his goofiness in order to play down the looks of his that I don't notice. But regardless he and Clyde and jeannie have all been appropriately paired at times with people who have more average looks, sometimes people who aren't as good-looking at them. Marty though has almost exclusively been paired with women who are 8s or above. The emotional part of me wants to commend TPTB for giving the black dude so many hot babes like that. The intellectual part of me groans at it. Just how I roll.

3. blackbrah

blackbrah Well-Known Member

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Well first off women ain't us we as men won't give a Precious or Melissa McCarthy any pay because of talent or charm because that doesn't excite but for A LOT of women humor, charm, intelligence gets them wet. Remember from their point of view getting dick ain't difficult especially beautiful women. Good looking men exist everywhere but interesting smart people are rare. And as I've gotten older I see plenty of dudes who bat totally out of their league in the looks department but if they are on point career wise and can make a woman laugh along with a little swag there are very few women out of their reach. Shit doesn't always match up perfectly plus also remember when see couples we just see a snap shot of their lives. I can see hot girls with hot guys all day don't mean they're happy. And to be honest if you want to see average women with guys far out of their league watch any Shonda Rimes show. Not a single woman on that show actually matches up with the guys they're paired off with except certain couples on Scandal I guess.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Paragraph 1 response:
    LOL! That irrelevant-ass "Hit the Floor" show on VH1 is popular with Black Twitter? I had no idea. Reading you whole post made me realize I probably only follow certain segments of Black Twitter. I've never seen anybody ever talk about that show on my Twitter timeline.

"Being Mary Jane" is a show I sorta wanna check out. But it's show I'd only watch if I had a girlfriend (or even if my sister) who watched it, i'd watch with her.

Paragraph 2 response:
    Yeah, Megalyn E.K. is a mixed/mulatto chick. But she's dark enough that if you saw her without knowing anything about her you'd just assume she's full black. So I don't buy folks questioning her ethnicity/race.

LOL! I didn't know folks were shipping Black Panther & Black Widow. Scust at folks shipping Black Panther in a gay 'ship with Cap/Bucky. Didn't know that was a thing either.

The whole 'ship the black male character into a gay 'ship that shippers on social media do just comes off as 'cism to me. They don't want the Black character to be romantically involved with the white female character that they hold up the pedestal, so let's make him gay to totally take him out the equation. That's how I feel about the who Finn/Poe 'shipping with "Star Wars". Have y'all discussed that on this forum?

Paragraph 3 response:
    I didn't know Black Twitter was muted during the weekend "Jessica Jones" dropped. A lot of the black folks I follow on Twitter are Black Nerds OR are into nerd shit (i.e. comics, genre TV shows & movies, video games, anime, & etc). So they definitely were binge-watching & even livetweeting "Jessica Jones" that weekend on my timeline.

Paragraph 4 response:
    Uhhhhh....Marty's son is a Tranny? [​IMG] If Marty's son is a Tranny, than Russell Westbrook is a Tranny too with the shit he be wearing when arrives to games.

Paragraph 5 response:
    The Dark King pretty much shares my thoughts on how looks don't matter as much as it does to women as it does to men.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  6. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Fair enough, man.

Btw I stay away from Rimes' shows as much as possible so I guess I must have missed out on all of these pairings. You don't consider Kerry Washington to be great looking?

7. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

UnREAL Season 2 Trailer

[YOUTUBE]hZSqu4lcQMY[/YOUTUBE]

8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Lol. Might check this out. Plays out like a movie comedy.

9. ColiBreh1

A couple of other trailer/promos from the last couple weeks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcLxvcN7wCw
    [YOUTUBE]GcLxvcN7wCw[/YOUTUBE]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJjU04SfUPc
    [YOUTUBE]fJjU04SfUPc[/YOUTUBE]
    MJLOL. I know this is a critically acclaimed show, but I can't believe I'm about to watch a Lifetime show.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I've mentioned a movie from Lifetime months back.

11. darkcurry

Not sure if this was posted but Noel Clark and Billie Piper in Dr Who

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  13. Soulthinker

That is rare for Spanish TV since they stereotype brothers.

14. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  15. ColiBreh1

16. ColiBreh1

3 minute behind the scenes clip from "Entertainment Tonight" on the upcoming season 2 of "UnREAL":
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeOW5nCXbYo
    [YOUTUBE]IeOW5nCXbYo[/YOUTUBE]

Season 1 Recap & Season 2 Preview of "UnREAL"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaDU091lyQs
    [YOUTUBE]oaDU091lyQs[/YOUTUBE]

17. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lucien Laviscount (Romeo) and Clara Rugaard (Juliet) on the set of the forthcoming series Still Star-Crossed.

18. darkcurry

19. Soulthinker

Hope to see it on You Tube.

20. glassesjacket24

glassesjacket24 New Member

shiri appleby in the first episode of season 2 of unreal

Attached Files: