The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]_kniQrk9jw0[/YOUTUBE]

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[youtube]/8AO19XY2rqc[/youtube]

Batman v. Superman Ultimate Edition' trailer.

3. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

[youtube]/v5r6FrEgg5M[/youtube]

New IMAX Trailer for The Legend of Tarzan.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

John Boyega Lands Lead Role In PACIFIC RIM Sequel

[​IMG]

Deadline is reporting that John Boyega (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) has closed a deal for the lead role in Legendary Pictures upcoming sequel to 2013's Pacific Rim. He will portray the son of Idris Elba's character from the first film, Stacker Pentecost, who - *spoiler alert* - died when he sacrificed himself to defeat one of the Kaiju monsters. In addition to starring, Boyega will also serve as a co-producer.

Steven S. DeKnight (Daredevil) is directing the sequel with franchise creator Guillermo del Toro (Hellboy I & II, Blade 2) back on-board as a producer. No word on the rest of the cast just yet, but expect more announcements relatively soon as the film prepares to launch production during the fourth quarter of this year. Once the casting was confirmed, del Toro commented: “I am very proud and happy to welcome John into a fantastic sandbox. The Pacific Rim universe will be reinforced with him as a leading man as it continues to be a multicultural, multi-layered world. ‘The World saving the world’ was our goal and I couldn’t think of a better man for the job.”

5. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Injustice 2

Based on this trailer, seems like the new gameplay mechanic will involve armor "styles" to give a character an advantage in the battle, and have different effects. Also, narrating the trailer is Ra' Al-Ghoul, so it's likely he'll be the villain in this story, thus this maybe focused more on Batman this time around.

Aside from Superman and the rest of the cast, Supergirl has joined the fray and it looks like she'll (this is almost accurate) have a DLC skin featuring Melissa Benoist as well as her lending her voice to the character on here, the same way how Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin lent their voices for Injustice: Gods Among Us with Green Arrow and The Flash respectively (the later is exclusively mobile, as the console and PC versions discontinued updates when Netherrealm Studios were hard at work on Mortal Kombat X).

So, this should be good.

[YOUTUBE]hX0WA6yIZ7I[/YOUTUBE]​

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I really liked the story of the first game, I however am not a fan of the Mortal Kombat style fighting. I hope this sequel improves on the gameplay.

7. Morning Star

Mortal Kombat X had an improved fighting engine, which was rather accessible for new players to the genre, while giving the seasoned players an opportunity to pull off more complex combos, while not overburden them with overly-complicated button mashing and motions.

Netherrealm Studios will basically use the same engine, albeit with a modified engine that will give more flexibility for players. Plus, giving that it will boast a large roster, I think you may find it rather appealing.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

First teaser promo image for the returning Samurai Jack series on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim/Toonami block later in the year.

[​IMG]

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I hear that there are white dudes who are pissed because the main character of the game is black??? 40+ pages of racists rants about the game were allegedly removed from a Steam forum??? Damn.....

[YOUTUBE]243NzPs0vG4[/YOUTUBE]

10. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

That's pretty sad

11. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

40+ pages?!!! :smt043 :smt043

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yes it is, but it's not surprising.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The New Face of Superman

[​IMG]

Supergirl has officially found its Superman.

The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the CBS-turned-CW series has cast Teen Wolf grad Tyler Hoechlin as Superman/Clark Kent. The newest version of the iconic superhero will first be seen visiting his cousin Kara (Melissa Benoist) in National City at the beginning of the series' second season when it moves to its new home on The CW.

"Greg Berlanti and I have wanted to work with Tyler for ages, so this worked out perfectly because Tyler is Superman," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said. "We are so thrilled and humbled to add another amazing actor to the legacy of this iconic character."

Hoechlin is best known a series regular on MTV's Teen Wolf in which he starred for its first four seasons. He most recently appeared in Richard Linklater's Everybody Wants Some! His résumé includes the Fifty Shades of Grey franchise, 7th Heaven, Road to Perdition, Hall Pass and Solstice. Hoechlin is repped by UTA, Management 360 and attorney Todd Rubenstein.

This casting brings Superman back to The CW following The WB's former Tom Welling drama Smallville, which followed a teenage Clark Kent as he learned how to control his powers and grow into the superhero he was destined to be. Smallville ran for 10 seasons on The WB and The CW.

Supergirl returns for season two on Mondays this fall at 8 p.m. on The CW.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

They are giving this casting a lot of fanfare, for what is essentially a guest staring role. Unless they have other plans for their new Man of Steel.

15. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They are giving this a lot of fanfare due to the amount of flack they caught through out the first season for the Superman dodging that was done in various episodes where he logically should have appeared or had some interaction with Supergirl on some level.

Kind of hard to do a show about Superman's cousin and not have Superman himself actually show up eventually.

17. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

So the series will finally have bloodshed instead of using oil as pseudo-blood lol

18. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

literally thousands of games with white and asian main characters but as soon as we get a black one, nerds wanna lose their shit.

[​IMG]

19. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Wonder Woman is getting a huge 75th Anniversary Celebration

The greatest female superhero of them all is turning 75 in October, and DC is rolling out a full on celebration, along the lines of similar fetes for Superman and Batman.

The initiative will be all across Warner Bros. and allied businesses with special attention to the DC Super Hero Girls line.

[comicsbeat.com]

20. Morning Star

How dare a black person be a smart hacker. Didn't you get the memo? He's suppose to be too hood for computers.