Star Wars

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Thump, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Who's hopping on the Star Wars hype train?

All the trailers and ads I've seen look really good, so I'm really optimistic.

I hope for the sake of the worlds nerd population that it doen't suck.:D

2. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Been on the train since before it left the station. Very optimistic since finding out Lawrence Kasdan was in on the project and also optimistic because I dont think they could have gotten, Ford, Hamil, and Fisher on the film if the script sucked. Plus have you seen some of the new stormtroopers, they actual look competent in these films LOL.

The main reason I am optimistic is that the two these two right here.
    [​IMG]
    Its because unlike Portman and Christiansen, these two actually seem to have real chemistry and they seem to really like each other and I think that it will show on screen.

Sucks that still have 5 days though.

3. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Check my avatar, homie.

Always have been and will be a SW fan. Didn't care for the prequels much though. I hopped aboard this particular movie in April of 2014 however when I learned my boy Boyega had been cast. Been keeping up with production and filming and post production ever since, particularly on message boards. I know of some spoilers but I have mostly gone "dark" the past few weeks and keeping myself away from new spoilers and even early sneak reviews. I got my tickets for a 7PM IMAX showing on Thursday and have taken off the work the following day....in order to recuperate. :)

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I thought I was lucky to get Saturday night tickets at my local theater. You must have gotten really lucky to get 7pm Imax tickets on the day before the official premiere.

5. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Heck yeah playing this on repeat. :smt072

[YOUTUBE]91cXIG81b5c[/YOUTUBE]

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Too much saturation on the Franchise. It can make a person get sick of it after a while. Disney thinks they can kill the goose and have the golden eggs.

7. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I will see that flick with no IMAX.

8. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

It better be, or you'll hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth of me and my geek buddies as we commit mass seppuku. Lol

9. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Always enjoyed star wars and will be taking my sons.

One of the very few people who thought episode lll was the best of all movies.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The world premiere happened last night. Which means that somewhere on the internet there is somebody trying to spoil the movie for everyone else.

So good luck to everybody at avoiding spoilers.

11. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

The John and the white chick do not have a sex scene together. Sorry if I spoiled it for ya :p

12. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

It's Not an R rated flick though :smt042

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

There isn't an IR hookup? Than what are we even doing this for? ;)

14. Hypestyle

Hypestyle New Member

the US premiere is a day before my birthday; I haven't bought a ticket online; as such, I suspect that the tickets will be all sold out, whatever theater I try to go to, for that first weekend-- or even the first couple of weekends.

At least this is guaranteed to make enough money to lead to a sequel(s).

Some of the merchandise/promotional items are very random and semi-shameful, lol. Toys, household items and devices of various kinds, okay.
    The Cover Girl makeup thing, I don't get. I'm not a woman, so maybe I'm not supposed to, lol, but...

15. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

They already started filming episode Viii.
    Sorry North Episode V is the best of all the films bar none, and I like episode 3 don't get me wrong but Empire kicks Sith ass.

16. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

If you live in or near a big city then you have dozens of theaters showing the movie as early as 7 PM the day before it "opens" (it used to be called midnight screenings until they started moving up the times to 7 in the evening). And in my case I ordered tickets about two days after they went on sale. Thankfully I had theaters in my area that still had seats available for 7 PM shows, IMAX or otherwise.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm taking off work and going Friday afternoon. Seriously can't wait

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

From the red carpet premiere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I'm looking at this and I'm hearing in my head Mark Hamill in his Joker voice saying " Heeeere's Lukey!!!"

20. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

1-900-HOT-JEDI

[YOUTUBE]4Q-hV8rKQw4[/YOUTUBE]