WhiteWomenBlackMen.com

Go Back   WhiteWomenBlackMen.com > LOVE > The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men

Old 11-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #11
Chandarah

Chandarah is on a distinguished roadChandarah is on a distinguished roadChandarah is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Walker View Post
Yes it happened often I took three African American courses and there were plenty of occurences. Most that were found out about ended in a lynching.

yeah and some people are sorry that those good old days are over.....
Old 11-22-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
Jaybee in WWBM
Banned

Jaybee in WWBM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Walker View Post
Yes it happened often I took three African American courses and there were plenty of occurences. Most that were found out about ended in a lynching.
I'm pretty sure negroes aren't being lynched in classrooms.
Jaybee in WWBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:50 PM   #13
madscientist

madscientist is on a distinguished roadmadscientist is on a distinguished roadmadscientist is on a distinguished road
Much more common than most people would think:
http://www.amazon.com/White-Women-Bl.../dp/0300077505
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:11 AM   #14
KimboSlice

KimboSlice will become famous soon enoughKimboSlice will become famous soon enoughKimboSlice will become famous soon enoughKimboSlice will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
Much more common than most people would think:
I TOTALLY agree.

Benjamin Banneker, the black man who designed Washington D.C., his mother was white. She was from England and purchased her husband then set him free and married him.

BEFORE the civil war, Virginia had a law on their books that forbided white men from forcing their wives to have sex with black men. When the wives got pregnant, it was easier for the man to sell a mullatto child into slavery.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:41 AM   #15
Harmless Voyeur
Banned

Harmless Voyeur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
One of the more effective ways of determining the existence of sexual relationships between black men and white women during the era of slavery, for example, is to read satire of the times.

There are numerous references in various novels, plays (and anecdotal information from those who witnessed these performances) of writers shocking audiences with references to white women giving birth to black children. While some of this was exploitation of the seeming neverending white fear of the "black man," it's understood that America's nasty little secret from its origins was that white men were not the only ones enjoying the company of their dark skinned serfs.
Harmless Voyeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #16
rpeg
Bronze Member

rpeg is on a distinguished roadrpeg is on a distinguished roadrpeg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless Voyeur View Post
One of the more effective ways of determining the existence of sexual relationships between black men and white women during the era of slavery, for example, is to read satire of the times.

There are numerous references in various novels, plays (and anecdotal information from those who witnessed these performances) of writers shocking audiences with references to white women giving birth to black children. While some of this was exploitation of the seeming neverending white fear of the "black man," it's understood that America's nasty little secret from its origins was that white men were not the only ones enjoying the company of their dark skinned serfs.
That sounds interesting. Can you cite anything? Are there any article or documents on this subject? I always assumed it was never clearly documented and just a matter of hearsay and discussion within families. I mean, it knows it fact but I'm wondering if there's professional research on it.

Regarding my family, I know that early on an Irish indentured servant engaged with an African slave. Eventually leading to me I guess.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:03 PM   #17
KimboSlice

KimboSlice will become famous soon enoughKimboSlice will become famous soon enoughKimboSlice will become famous soon enoughKimboSlice will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpeg View Post
That sounds interesting. Can you cite anything? Are there any article or documents on this subject? I always assumed it was never clearly documented and just a matter of hearsay and discussion within families. I mean, it knows it fact but I'm wondering if there's professional research on it.

Regarding my family, I know that early on an Irish indentured servant engaged with an African slave. Eventually leading to me I guess.

White Women, Black Men is a fascinating study of a category of interracial relationships that conventional wisdom has held did not exist: liaisons (the term author Martha Hodes prefers) between black men and white women in the antebellum South. Hodes shows how such relationships were tolerated, though not encouraged, to a surprising degree before the Civil War. In a fascinating feat of historical detective work, she uses court documents and other records in cases involving racial status, rape, divorce, and property, to explore the nature of these relationships. She shows white women who voluntarily gave up their privileged status to cohabit with black men, and white communities that turned a blind eye toward such unions. It was not until after the Civil War--when freedom for blacks meant Southern whites needed new ways to enforce their putative superiority--that black men were routinely punished with violence for real, or imagined, relationships with white women. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:09 AM   #18
Mr Tibbs
Bronze Member

Mr Tibbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroLove View Post
slavery. My understanding is that it was beyond taboo, I'm sure it was extremely rare but some people claim otherwise. Are there any documented cases of this happening?
I would recommend Sex and Race by J.A. Rogers Volume 3. All three volumes are worth reading but volume 3 quotes countless case histories during and immediately after the end of slavery of IR relationships both BM WW and BW WM.

You'll learn it certainly wasn't "extremely rare". Think about it, if it was so rare they wouldn't have needed so many laws against it!

http://www.amazon.com/Sex-Race-Vol-W...ref=pd_sim_b_2
Mr Tibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #19
Soulthinker

Soulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond repute
Mr.Tibbs,the J.A.Rogers books are the best on IR. Martha Hodes' book about BM/WW sex during slavery is good. It is better than the Mandingo books that were written in the 1950s. In the agrarian world where you don't see a person in many miles such sex happens. The hard part was if the WW has a child.
Soulthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #20
idear987

idear987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Highly unlikely. Women in general are attracted to men that are powerful, slaves on the other hand are powerless, therefore highly unattractive.
idear987 is offline   Reply With Quote