WhiteWomenBlackMen.com

Go Back   WhiteWomenBlackMen.com > LOVE > Conversations Between White Women and Black Men

Old 08-29-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
archangel

archangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond repute
Why do people wear...

du rags? I never understood that. The other one is that I see a lot of people on television that wear white tees constantly. I always chucked that up to it cost less.
Any one got an answer? feel free to give an answer.
archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:09 AM   #2
Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair has a spectacular aura aboutRaul Sinclair has a spectacular aura aboutRaul Sinclair has a spectacular aura aboutRaul Sinclair has a spectacular aura aboutRaul Sinclair has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel View Post
du rags? I never understood that. The other one is that I see a lot of people on television that wear white tees constantly. I always chucked that up to it cost less.
Any one got an answer? feel free to give an answer.
Du rags are helpful to get you some waves in your hair. I guess its just a fashion thing in the inner cities. White tees, again a fashion thing people just feel comfortable wearing and then both got popularized by rappers. So yeah.. if that helps
Old 08-29-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
archangel

archangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond reputearchangel has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul Sinclair View Post
Du rags are helpful to get you some waves in your hair. I guess its just a fashion thing in the inner cities. White tees, again a fashion thing people just feel comfortable wearing and then both got popularized by rappers. So yeah.. if that helps
How does it get you waves?
Old 08-29-2010, 12:23 AM   #4
GFunk

GFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
How does it get you waves?
Never understood how, either, but it works. Du rags are just wave caps that you have to tie, rather than just slip on. As to why people who don't have wave ot even the kind of hair to get waves, like Raul said, it's just fashion.

RIP Eric "Eazy-E" Wright and Lamont "Big L" Coleman and Nate Dogg. G Funk.
GFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:34 AM   #5
archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA View Post
Never understood how, either, but it works. Du rags are just wave caps that you have to tie, rather than just slip on. As to why people who don't have wave ot even the kind of hair to get waves, like Raul said, it's just fashion.
Ok, I got the answer from wikipedia.

It isn't the du rag that does it. The du rag is used to protect the hair.

African-American men use do-rags to maintain the natural wave patterns in their hair. After intense brushing, an oil sheen or grease is usually applied to the hair which is then wrapped in a do-rag overnight to prevent the waves from becoming tangled...especially if hair is long.

My other question is why do people call other people red.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:01 AM   #6
FG

FG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond repute
When I lived it Texas, I saw Du rags all over the place - white and black alike... mostly used during the hot summer months for a lot of wm to keep the sweat from pouring into your eyes while working out or working outside while its 110 degrees. Never liked them , but it looks even worse when a white dude is wearing all those colorful du rags. The texas flag was of-course on of the most popular ones they wore

Here in CA, I wanna know why people wear Uggs in the summer?

Or how about people on planes wearing pajama bottoms??
WTF?

Oh, and starched jeans w creases in them you can cut meat with????? - Oh, that was in Texas, LOL
Old 08-29-2010, 01:07 AM   #7
archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingeek View Post
When I lived it Texas, I saw Du rags all over the place - white and black alike... mostly used during the hot summer months for a lot of wm to keep the sweat from pouring into your eyes while working out or working outside while its 110 degrees. Never liked them , but it looks even worse when a white dude is wearing all those colorful du rags. The texas flag was of-course on of the most popular ones they wore

WTF?

Oh, and starched jeans w creases in them you can cut meat with????? - Oh, that was in Texas, LOL
I've never heard of uggs. hmmm time to go to wikipedia.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:11 AM   #8
FG

FG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond reputeFG has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I've never heard of uggs. hmmm time to go to wikipedia.
LOL
I love Wikipedia!!!

You know what I mean when you see it.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:11 AM   #9
GFunk

GFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond reputeGFunk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Ok, I got the answer from wikipedia.

It isn't the du rag that does it. The du rag is used to protect the hair.

African-American men use do-rags to maintain the natural wave patterns in their hair. After intense brushing, an oil sheen or grease is usually applied to the hair which is then wrapped in a do-rag overnight to prevent the waves from becoming tangled...especially if hair is long.

My other question is why do people call other people red.
Makes sense. I never wanted waves, so I never knew exactly how it worked.

Old 08-29-2010, 03:16 AM   #10
GFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingeek View Post

WTF?

I call them Ugg-lys. Those shoe things look like shit.

When I was in high school, hella girls wore pajamas. It was the trend. They had "pajama day" during those school spirit weeks but they didn't need one. It was pajama day for girls every day. They literally wore the shit right outta bed. Pajama bottoms, slippers, hoody and a ponytail.