Black men in METAL bands

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by daydream16, Oct 15, 2010.

1. daydream16

daydream16 New Member

I don't think many of you like metal... but I DO, and this thread is for me and anyone like me lol. It is rare as fuck, cause most shows I go to have like NO black girls and like 3 black dudes lol.

Suffocation (Death metal band from NY):
    [​IMG]

I've seen them live they came to my city and they were good ^

God Forbid, from NJ I think:
    [​IMG]

Lmao at the guy with the dreads. His facial expression is awesome ^

Killswitch Engage:
    [​IMG]

I'm sure there's more bands out there with black men in them but it is hard as fuck to find. Post some if you got some. But remember, METAL only.

2. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

[​IMG]

Derrick Green from Sepultura was who I first thought of. I preferred them with Max Cavalera though. :p

3. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

[​IMG]

Living Colour. I'm sure everyone remember that song they had on San Andreas 'Cult of Personality'.

I'm not big on metal much these days but I like all genres. :cool:

4. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

[​IMG]

Ice T and his band. Body Count

5. NCBradin

NCBradin New Member

I'm such big fan of metal bands!!!

6. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

Off topic but :smt042 @ dude in the back. I always think it looks funny when guys in metal bands have smooth, silky looking blonde hair.

7. daydream16

daydream16 New Member

haha I know. They always get that hair too without giving a shit about it. Like they don't condition or take care of it, and they just have that, whereas we work our asses off to get nice hair. Murphy's law lol

8. veema

veema Member

Awww man, I misread the title of this thread. I knew a man nicknamed "Black Metal." He was a manager and a promoter of some heavy metal bands. He was one of a kind. And he would have happily been one of those 3 black dudes.

9. Persephone

Persephone New Member

Lajon Witherspoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lead singer of Sevendust. GREAT band.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

He's fucking gorgeous and talented as hell.

[​IMG]

I saw them live once. Lajon has amazing stage presence. :D I wanted their autographs but I missed the signing during another performance (it was a rock fest thing, all day concert). I still regret not meeting them, but I was soooo close to them when they were heading back stage. I was about 2 people back from the stage in the mosh pit and they were all trying to be sneaky and get in the back without anyone noticing. It almost worked, too, but a few of us saw. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. daydream16

daydream16 New Member

It's funny that he was called that, especially since "black metal" is a genre (one I'm not that into though...). Everytime I looked up "black men in metal bands" all the results would just be black metal bands. SO I had to think of them all myself and it was hard lol.

11. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

What I've learned from this thread is; dreads increase a black mans chance at being in a metal band.

12. Persephone

Persephone New Member

[youtube]E7yhi1c_q6s[/youtube]

ohhhh man. I forgot how much I love this band. lol

[youtube]DBfTk6Unddk[/youtube]

[youtube]hy17DWrjNT0[/youtube]

[YOUTUBE]ya8dT7oC8qA[/YOUTUBE]
    I think this one was the song that got em famous, unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

[YOUTUBE]lD_5MYFNVBg[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  13. Persephone

Persephone New Member

I think they're a side effect, actually!

14. FG

FG Well-Known Member

DH, thank you! When I opened this thread, I expected this to be the first posted pic:-D and it wasnt, De Fuk???
    LOL
    You saved it!!

phewwww.

15. FG

FG Well-Known Member

seems to be a pre-requisite.

16. Persephone

Persephone New Member

I know right?! I was like "where tf is Lajon?! This must be remedied immediately"

And now I'm still looking for videos lol

17. FG

FG Well-Known Member

:smt045

18. daydream16

daydream16 New Member

Lol, I don't like that band that you ladies like, so I didn't post it.

And jaisee, a lot of guys in metal bands have long hair or are bald. We seem to like the extremes... so a lot of the black guys have dreads cause thats how they get the long hair lol.

19. Raudi

Raudi Member

I played bass in two metal bands over the years, I didn't have dreads or a jerrycurl, only a hi-top fade.:p

20. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

They're not Metal, but they're definitely og's....

[​IMG]