WhiteWomenBlackMen.com

Go Back   WhiteWomenBlackMen.com > NEWS and VIEWS > Celebrity IR Couples

Old 08-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #11
Ray9968

Ray9968 is a jewel in the roughRay9968 is a jewel in the roughRay9968 is a jewel in the roughRay9968 is a jewel in the roughRay9968 is a jewel in the roughRay9968 is a jewel in the rough
Weird couple but Nickleodeons current #1 girl showing love to a brotha is good for IR imo

Last edited by Ray9968; 08-24-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Ray9968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:14 PM   #12
Bliss

Bliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamalSpunky View Post
Of all the repeated responses found on these boards this one may be the most silly and comes across as the most self-loathing. First of all it suggests that this particular woman is some sort of goddess who floats above the reach of men (or brother men). Why is that? She's white? She's on TV? Geez. She's cute. She's nice-looking. That's about it. But is she some breathtaking beauty that blows the doors off all other women? I don't think so. I suppose that is a matter for debate though. Here is something that is not up for debate: she isn't some household name, superstar that the media is hounding 24/7. She ain't Taylor Swift whose status as Miss All-American White Girl precludes her from probably even looking at a black man. All this Jennette chick is is some kid-TV star.

Secondly I've seen more than my share of (most of them not celebrities) black guys with white females who look just as good if not better than this woman.

That being said even if Jennette were only some young lady who was stuck with a pathetic gig of hosting PBS fundraiser marathons at the Boise Idaho station, she would still be able to have her pick of men. Why? Because she's cute and on she's on TV. And that would mean it wouldn't just be a few number of "brothers" who'd be able to tap that, it would be a few number (relatively speaking) of white men as well who could get her. Being a good-looking woman at any level of celeb status allows one to be choosy. Very choosy. And such women tend to choose dudes of a certain status, a certain wealth and/or a certain level of attractiveness. Granted as the status for such a female increases, the group of men who are the most likely suitors decreases. And it decreases for all men. At least 90% of all white males (probably higher) are not in contention to even dream about dating pretty, white female celebrities because they don't meet the necessary physical, montrary or success requirements.
@ the bolded, please consider the source. The could drink the Nile dry and still be thirsty.

@ your underlined point, while you make a valid point IN GENERAL, the reverse could be said about Andre Drummond. He is an new NBA player, and thus is appealing for his own set of reasons. Which in turn makes his pool of qualifying women go down. Your average Black woman can't score him, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERRASTAR18 View Post
you are seriously overthinking this.....girl likes boy, boy likes girl,that's it.
I tent to agree. It's actually a sweet, adorable story.
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #13
The Dark King

The Dark King has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark King has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark King has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark King has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark King has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark King has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark King has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark King has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark King has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark King has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dark King has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliss View Post
@ the bolded, please consider the source. The could drink the Nile dry and still be thirsty.

@ your underlined point, while you make a valid point IN GENERAL, the reverse could be said about Andre Drummond. He is an new NBA player, and thus is appealing for his own set of reasons. Which in turn makes his pool of qualifying women go down. Your average Black woman can't score him, either.

Your average woman period
Old 08-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #14
Bliss

Bliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond reputeBliss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark King View Post
Your average woman period
No doubt, but I specifically said BW only b/c JamalS was comparing WM failing to get her attention. IE: the same can be said for Andre, since he is a relatively good catch in society's eye.
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #15
TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18 has a spectacular aura aboutTERRASTAR18 has a spectacular aura aboutTERRASTAR18 has a spectacular aura aboutTERRASTAR18 has a spectacular aura aboutTERRASTAR18 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliss View Post

i agree. i understand his point and who he is posting too, but at the same time it's an issue of two b-list celebrities, barely out of their teens. it's like hs or college. he probably had a crush on her the same way back in the day had crushes on punky brewster. and on her end, she probably doesn't get ppl flirting with her like that.
TERRASTAR18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:34 AM   #16
Young Herschel

Young Herschel is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
i agree. i understand his point and who he is posting too, but at the same time it's an issue of two b-list celebrities, barely out of their teens. it's like hs or college. he probably had a crush on her the same way back in the day had crushes on punky brewster. and on her end, she probably doesn't get ppl flirting with her like that.
Just publicity on her part probably - anyone with the IQ of a seventh grader knows that an interracial celebrity relationship or even the appearance of one will garner press coverage. Well they finally hooked up this thursday and they have photos together and all. Now people are talking about them so its a win-win for their respective Q-ratings.

Celebrity couples get noticed so if they are an interracial relationship then its even more media. If Rousey & Pettis go public with their alleged relationship just think how much more media coverage they would earn for Dana 'good to be' White and the Fertita brothers . . . and they both half-hispanic. Rousey upgraded his judo and he just won the UFC world championship thanks to her in some degree probably and he can return the favor by helping her defend her UFC world championship by training her in tae kwon do. As a couple they would earn sports coverage everywhere and even some mainstream media because they're photogenic

Last edited by Young Herschel; 09-01-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Young Herschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #17
Beasty

Beasty has a reputation beyond reputeBeasty has a reputation beyond reputeBeasty has a reputation beyond reputeBeasty has a reputation beyond reputeBeasty has a reputation beyond reputeBeasty has a reputation beyond reputeBeasty has a reputation beyond reputeBeasty has a reputation beyond reputeBeasty has a reputation beyond reputeBeasty has a reputation beyond reputeBeasty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
This is new. We've gone from pictures of brothers standing next to WW in public being labeled as "IR couples" to stories about ballers to talking about how they want new jump off being posted in this section.

I guess that's progress.
Beasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #18
TERRASTAR18

TERRASTAR18 has a spectacular aura aboutTERRASTAR18 has a spectacular aura aboutTERRASTAR18 has a spectacular aura aboutTERRASTAR18 has a spectacular aura aboutTERRASTAR18 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herschel View Post
Just publicity on her part probably - anyone with the IQ of a seventh grader knows that an interracial celebrity relationship or even the appearance of one will garner press coverage. Well they finally hooked up this thursday and they have photos together and all. Now people are talking about them so its a win-win for their respective Q-ratings.

Celebrity couples get noticed so if they are an interracial relationship then its even more media. If Rousey & Pettis go public with their alleged relationship just think how much more media coverage they would earn for Dana 'good to be' White and the Fertita brothers . . . and they both half-hispanic. Rousey upgraded his judo and he just won the UFC world championship thanks to her in some degree probably and he can return the favor by helping her defend her UFC world championship by training her in tae kwon do. As a couple they would earn sports coverage everywhere and even some mainstream media because they're photogenic
your 2nd paragraph i believe but the first no way. she's a disney/nick star catering to a white middle america audience. dating a black man isn't helping hher.
TERRASTAR18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #19
Gorath

Gorath has a reputation beyond reputeGorath has a reputation beyond reputeGorath has a reputation beyond reputeGorath has a reputation beyond reputeGorath has a reputation beyond reputeGorath has a reputation beyond reputeGorath has a reputation beyond reputeGorath has a reputation beyond reputeGorath has a reputation beyond reputeGorath has a reputation beyond reputeGorath has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
your 2nd paragraph i believe but the first no way. she's a disney/nick star catering to a white middle america audience. dating a black man isn't helping hher.
When you are a star on a show with Disney or Nickelodeon, it is your duty to maintain a wholesome image. I recall that on The Cosby Show, the girls on that show were not allowed to date white guys on the show. Or offscreen, for that matter. Bill Cosby questioned Lisa Bonet about her role in the film Angel Heart. The Cosby Show was a vehicle to prove that black families can have professional careers and stay together. AND...entertain white America. It is all about image. Actress Elizabeth Berkley almost lost her career due in part to a film called Showgirls. That above all else, it is all about image.
Gorath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #20
flaminghetero

flaminghetero has a brilliant futureflaminghetero has a brilliant futureflaminghetero has a brilliant futureflaminghetero has a brilliant futureflaminghetero has a brilliant futureflaminghetero has a brilliant futureflaminghetero has a brilliant futureflaminghetero has a brilliant futureflaminghetero has a brilliant futureflaminghetero has a brilliant futureflaminghetero has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulthinker View Post
Hey,homeboy has got it made with that hot babe. How many brothers can get a woman like that? Not many.
Speak for yourself.

You better up your game lil dude....seems to me you cant catch.
flaminghetero is offline   Reply With Quote