Is amsterdam's "black pete" racist?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by medullaslashin, Nov 16, 2013.

1. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

...Or just harmless cultural tradition?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11/11/amsterdam-s-racist-black-pete-parade-under-fire.html

"The Dutch are refusing to shut down their annual Saint Nicholas parade, which features a minstrel character named Black Pete, claiming the figure is not racist—never mind the Afro.

Imro Ritfeld, a Dutchman of Surinamese descent, has gotten used to hearing the same old jokes whenever the festivities for Saint Nicholas Day approach. His friends tell him, “Hey, your family is arriving in the Netherlands again!”..."

Personally I'd say you gotta pick your battles... There's more serious racism to deal with... Hell, black people prolly do more damage to their own kids pushing the notion of santa clause on them than this "black pete" character could ever do

Thoughts? :smt111

2. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

It is mentioned in previous threads. I would love to see a photo of the brothers from Surinam wearing those suits getting the Dutch honeys.

3. medullaslashin

I guess it comes up every holiday season, when yet another new user thinks it's a good topic for the forum. :mrgreen:

See you next year, black pete! :smt111

4. Raudi

Raudi Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Black Pete's role and personality changed over some time now, today Black Pete is scene as hip & loving. Plus, you get to dress up paint yourself black for the holidays.

5. medullaslashin

so is that devil character with the empty shackles black pete of yesteryear?

6. medullaslashin

I think black people should just roll with it. Dress up and paint yourself up stereotypically white as santa, or better yet, jeezus :mrgreen:

Skip the kids -- get all the white ladies to sit on your lap. have a ball and see who you can offend

7. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

It looks like Black Pete morphed from originally being a cloven-hoofed demonic figure into a cheery little Negro with juicy red lips dressed in a flamboyant costume.

Naw it's not racist at all.:smt108

What's fucked up is the Netherlands is supposedly one of the most racially diverse, liberal countries in Europe.

It would 10x LESS RACIST if they used um, actual BLACK people, instead of White people dressed in Blackface, to portray this little Black demon child.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  8. Raudi

Raudi Member

So, dress up as Black Pete? I can go to the mall and do my shopping wearing blackface..... talk about messing with people's minds.:p

I found this comic strip a well back, check it out.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  9. BrianJ

BrianJ New Member

LOL

I may just do that!!

10. Soulthinker

Medlashin,I just wished a group of Black-American males and Surinam males in Amsterdam and other cities in Holland turn Black Pete on its head and do the event of them dressing fancy clothes and having a lot of Dutch women marching with them.

11. Soulthinker

And having the rich rappers foot the bill.

12. medullaslashin

hell yeah. Have all the blonde dutch ladies sit on "santa'"s lap and everybody spot the boner with the wet spot at the tip when they get up. next! :mrgreen:

Or wear a t-shirt with santa nailed to the cross. I've always thought that one was funny

Would be sweet seeing how much more stupid all that blackface looks when they're not grinning. Sober'em right up. :mrgreen:

Giving them something that they can compare beats trying to inhibit people's freedom of expression by a mile. Gotta pick your battles. I'd blow people up before I'd be a slave, but I don't want to be anybody's master either

It's not like if a black person walked through all that "black pete" festivities he'd be assaulted, like at some skinhead rally. It's just stupidity, like miley cyrus's antics. People aren't perfect, not even white people. Gotta pick ur battles.

Now, in america, that's a different story. Different history, different culture. but the dutch have doing black pete for a century or so, as I understand it.

Shit, telling your kids that some fat white man gave them all those gifts you worked hard to scratch up, and some blonde hippy holds the keys to their redemption is way more harmful in the long run than black pete the cartoon character.

Maybe my opinion is skewed because in spite of it all, I've always loved being the spook that I am :mrgreen:

13. Raudi

Raudi Member

[​IMG]
    The cost is $230 bucks, lol.

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Don't trip. Santa Claus might be the greatest White man in Western history, giving out toys and junk to kids all over the world just because he's generous like that.

Abraham Lincoln/Jesus/Santa Claus, in no particular order.:smt031

15. Soulthinker

Oh yes. Making the costumes more fancier than Santa's. Also,having Dutch women giving head to some of the Petes. I love to have the Dutch females with the big lips giving soul kisses to the best looking Petes. On the adult end the Petes give free weed from the biggest coffee shop in Amsterdam to the hottest Dutch women in the city. Oh if I was livin large.

16. medullaslashin

oh yeah -- forgot about the weed!

that could change my mind about this whole christmas thing :smt111

hos hos hos!

meeerry christmas

17. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Damn... Ya'll really fantasizing in this thread. How long has it been since you guys got laid?

18. Stumper

Stumper New Member

Not quite sure where the guys in this thread are getting at, talking about women like that. Like objects. Makes you sound just as fucking idiotic as the people who support black Pete.

I swear, some niggas in this thread will stick their dick in a piece of folded up white bread if it felt like getting some "white pussy."

19. medullaslashin

Personally,I like white bread and wheat. even pumpernickel.

You're the guy who eats the bread after we're done with it. isn't that right cuckold?

20. Stumper

Stumper New Member

Haha, this nigga mad. :smt006