WhiteWomenBlackMen.com

Go Back   WhiteWomenBlackMen.com > LOVE > The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men

Old 05-09-2006, 12:37 AM   #1
diamondlife

diamondlife is on a distinguished roaddiamondlife is on a distinguished road
German Big Booty Expert

Scenes from the Book Signing.

Book lovers purchase a copy of Sarah's book.
Darnel Williams (white shirt) and Sarah Hubinger.

Elana Buchanan enjoys Jiggles: Backyard Tales

Sarah and her friend Katrina Wright

Sarah, Bean Soup Times publisher Toure Muhammad, and Katrina Wright.

Sarah Hubinger (left) enjoys some time with the owners of the Sole Lounge and Poet Strawberri.

Leon Rogers, Sarah Hubinger, and Cortney "Baby Girl" Hicks.

One one One with
"bootieologist" Sarah Hubinger

You grew up in Germany. Why did you decide to come to America?
At first I came to Chicago for college for one year. Then after being back in Germany for a while to finish my degree I decided to come back to NYC for work. I work as a radio producer for a German network here.

What type of music did you grow up with in Germany?
Techno baby…all German and raunchy. I love it. Techno, Drum'n'Base, Electronica, Hard Trance.

How long have you been in America?
Since 2001 – 4 years now.

You came to Chicago first, but decided to live permanently in New York. Chicago feels deprived. (YES, I speak for all Chicago men, black and Latino men) Why didn't you decide to move to Chicago instead of New York?
I went to Chicago in 1993 for one year, then moved back to Europe to finish school and work. In 2001 I moved to NYC for work. I just recently was back in Chicago for the first time in 10 years and I LOVED it. The city changed so much, it's beautiful and there's so much to do. My job and life though are in New York but I promise I'll visit you guys as often as I can.

After learning how men in America like the butt that was unappreciated in Germany, what made you decide it needed to be put in a book and DVD? Was there a moment or comment that made you say..."I'm writing a book!"
The first few weeks in Chicago I got so many comments and catcalls (it was a hot summer…) that I decided to write them down for they were often too funny. My friend and I would talk about the booty-comments and we went on saying rather jokingly "You gotta write a book about butt." That's how it started in 2001. It evolved from there.

Considering the bad of Germany to the good of America, are there ever times when you wish you had a regular size butt, one that caused less attention?
With the risk of sounding conceited I have to say I don't I wish myself a smaller behind. I guess I did enough wishing for a lifetime living in Germany for so long (esp. when I was a teenager), so now I am just proud and see it as an asset.

What was the most exciting part of putting your project together?
Since this is labor of love I had fun all along. But I really liked interviewing all the people since I'm naturally curious and like to ask questions. Also editing the DVD was fun.

How long did it take you to write the book?
Now it started in 2001 with the comments and anecdotes I was writing down. That's when it started in my head. Then came developing the idea. Research, interviewing and writing took about 2 years. But until it was all said and done and printed and edited – altogether 4 years…although you have to take into account that I'm a huge procrastinator at times in between!

You are a radio reporter and producer by trade. How did those skills play into you producing your book and DVD?
Interviewing skills I learned from being a reporter and also 'cause I'm just a nosy person. Being a producer gave me the research and writing skills. I was a TV reporter for years in Germany and so I knew how you put together a piece in the editing room, prepare for the video editor and such. Also, and this will have to be proven by my success or failure, I learned how to contact media and get some press for a project by sending out media advisories and such.

What's was the most memorable response from someone you interviewed while doing this book.
I loved Anthony's remarks about how a big backyard feels "like home" to him. How he just lays his head on it and "it's all good." He was very sincere talking about his infatuation and I though it was hilarious.

Explain the connection you feel with Sarah, the South African woman.
When I first came across her story I was just struck by what she went trough and how she was abused by people who had promised her a good future. Then through further research I came across pictures of her and when there was a face to the story she became real. We share the same name. She was a young woman going to another country to get a better life – like me. I just feel so much for her. That's why I decided to dedicate the book to her.

That was obvious race and gender exploitation. Do you think those types of attitudes still exist today, just played out differently?
There are always going to be people trying to exploit others for their gender, race, religion or looks. And there will be those with low self-esteem and low education who are willing to play into it to make a quick buck and get some questionable fame. I would hope that something similar to what happened to Sarah Baartman is never going to happen again, esp. nowadays with all the laws regarding human rights and such.

The whole section on padded undergarments blew me away.I had no idea that type of stuff was being made. You mean to tell me that guys looking at a woman walk by may be admiring her padding and not her "pudding?" Is this really a big practice?
Boy, don't discriminate! It's like wearing a padded push-up bra, just for the booty. There are the "tushily" deprived who need some extra help in the hindquarters and they are happy these padded panties exist. If it's nice to look at who cares, right?

I've always known that Black Americans need to design their own clothing because I know it's very hard for you to put all that "Africa" into "European" jeans. Is it really that hard finding jeans that fit?
I can count the brands of jeans that fit me on one hand: J-LO jeans (I wonder why…), Apple Bottom by Nelly and the cheap no-name brands I buy uptown where the Spanish girls buy. Sometimes I'm lucky to find a VERY stretchy, low-rise jeans by some other brand. That's a very lucky day though. All I can say is that if I finally find a pair of jeans that fit, I will hold on to them for a long time. Have them patched up and fixed just because it's so hard to find a new pair.

Are you looking forward to coming to Chicago?
Very much. I have so much going on with the book signing on Saturday at Tre's Pancake house and the WGN morning show on Tuesday. I will also be on four radio shows: Power 92, Soul 106, WCKG and WVON. Lot's to do!

Where's your next stop?
After that I'll be in LA, Atlanta and Miami.

Do your parents still live in Germany? Would you ever return there to live?
My mother and grandparents are in Germany. At this time I don't want to go back to live there. But who knows what the future brings.

I'm assuming you speak German. How do you say, "Toure is a handsome guy" in German.
Toure sieht gut aus. = Toure is a handsome guy.

Now this is what I'm talking about and she's local too. If I ever see her on the street. I will pull out EVERY trick in the book to get her.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:46 AM   #2
diamondlife

oops forgot the picks

http://www.beansouptimes.com/Jiggles.htm

http://www.jigglesonline.com/hsdemo.htm

http://www.jigglesonline.com/media/g...es/10.jpg.html

http://www.jigglesonline.com/media/g...es/11.jpg.html

These are photos of the author Sarah Hubinger. I thinking about going back to Germany now.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:47 AM   #3
Kid Rasta
Restricted

Kid Rasta Kid Rasta
That's too much booty for me!

The Kid Rasta
Kid Rasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #4
SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie is an unknown quantity at this pointSardonicGenie is an unknown quantity at this point
Not for me. I have to go with diamond on the pick up.
SardonicGenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
INJERA70

INJERA70 is an unknown quantity at this pointINJERA70 is an unknown quantity at this point
There is never too much booty.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:09 PM   #6
TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne is on a distinguished roadTheChosenOne is on a distinguished roadTheChosenOne is on a distinguished road
i agree guys...never too much booty....y'all think she'd be into younger guys....
Old 05-09-2006, 07:56 PM   #7
LA

LA has a reputation beyond reputeLA has a reputation beyond reputeLA has a reputation beyond reputeLA has a reputation beyond reputeLA has a reputation beyond reputeLA has a reputation beyond reputeLA has a reputation beyond reputeLA has a reputation beyond reputeLA has a reputation beyond reputeLA has a reputation beyond reputeLA has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Rasta

The Kid Rasta
Ditto.
LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:51 AM   #8
diamondlife

[quote="SoCalValleyGuy"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Rasta

The Kid Rasta
deleted
Old 05-10-2006, 02:29 PM   #9
malachi

malachi is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.beansouptimes.com/images/Jiggles3.jpg

my question is she even german? look at her face, is more than obvious that she's not even white. there definitely a black foot in the family kitchen. besides, she looks like any other big booty latina or mulatto (mixed black woman)
malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #10
TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne is on a distinguished roadTheChosenOne is on a distinguished roadTheChosenOne is on a distinguished road
oh yeah....she is mixed....it kind of took the edge off...because ample-posterior owning sistahs and latinas are fairly common. But....I have to say...that she does have a nice ba-dunka-dunk. Seems like there are a lot of Afro-Germans...maybe i'm just seeing things.