Alfonso Ribeiro (Fresh Prince) Divorcing

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by nobledruali, Aug 11, 2006.

1. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

Alfonso Ribeiro, best known as Will Smith's sidekick Carlton Banks on the 1990-96 sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, has filed for divorce from his actress wife, Robin Stapler, after four years of marriage.*

For the couple, who met in 1999 while filming the series In the House, it was love at first sight. Ribeiro, 34, approached Stapler on set and asked about her after-work plans. They went to dinner that evening and were together ever since.

Divorce papers filed Aug. 9 in Los Angeles Superior Court cite irreconcilable differences. The couple will share joint custody of their 3-year-old daughter, Sienna.

Ribeiro – who got his start on the '80s series Silver Spoons and once danced with Michael Jackson in a Pepsi commercial – has recently turned director, helming episodes of shows including Eve, One on One and All of Us, created by his old friend Will Smith and wife Jada Pinkett Smith.

He is currently producing the animated 1-Second Film, due in 2007. Stapler has appeared on episodes of The Parkers, The Steve Harvey Show and Star Trek: Voyager.

*Here's a pic of the once happy couple
    :arrow: [​IMG]

2. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

Bummer. Well, these things happen.

3. QSSassy

QSSassy New Member

They aren't an IR couple , but Prince's wife filed for divorce this week too

4. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

They look like an IR couple in the pic.

5. QSSassy

QSSassy New Member

they are above.. I was just making a sideline comment that Prince, the music artist, his wife just filed for divorce.

6. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

I never knew the guy was even married. Now thats how you play

7. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

:arrow: Yeah I heard that too! Word is that he was paying too much attention to DEVELOPING :shock: one of his proteges :!: :wink:

8. OmahaBoy2003

OmahaBoy2003 New Member

Ah what a shame. It pains me when a IR couple splits up.

9. Howiedoit

Howiedoit Active Member

It pains me to see any couple split up, and this coming from a single guy.

American society have to realize it's best to wait in their 30s to get married I don't believe in "Starter Marriages".

10. OmahaBoy2003

OmahaBoy2003 New Member

The whole idea of "starter marriages" is pathetic imo.