What Are Your Guilty Pleasure TV Shows?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by PeyBackTime8818, Oct 24, 2006.

1. PeyBackTime8818

PeyBackTime8818 New Member

Name some TV shows you would never admit to your friends that you watch (mainly shows you normally would not be into but they have HOT white girls).....

For me it is...

What I Like About You: A CW (formerly WB) sitcom starring Jennie Garth (the blonde chick Kelly from 90210) and Amanda Bynes. It also stars a black actor from a show called City Guys once named Wesley Jonathan.

Beverly Hills 90210: Self explanatory...

Laguna Beach: The girls on this show are sooo stupid, shallow and vapid, yet hot...

South of Nowhere/Degrassi: These shows come on late at night on The N (nickelodeon for teens) and they cover IR dating, drugs, sex, lesbian-ism, gayness, and other hot issues. Cool shows with some hotty hotties as the teen girls in the cast.

Inked: a reality show on Bravo channel about a Las Vegas tattoo parlor. I know you guys dont like the hard rocker, heavy tatoo, piercings kinda white girls but I have a thing for them (my german girl is sort of one of them but shes not super goth or emo, kind of more punk actually). This show has a bunch of hotties.

House of Carters: A reality show on E! about Backstreet Boy member Nick Carter and his siblings, brother Aaron, and sisters Bobbie Jean (my favorite), Angel (skinny brunette model-type), and Leslie (ugly fat one).

E! channel's "Girls Next Door": Umm, Kendra....nothing else needs to be said...

So what are your guilty pleasure tv shows (from an IR perspective) ?

2. designer

designer New Member

Damn! This is too funny.

I was out West on a business trip for a week and they had two hours of Charmed on each morning before I left the hotel.

Dark hair, pale skin..... Yeah. I watched that show everyday I was out there!!!

Would I tell anyone that???

Hell no.

Charmed. What brother would not watch a show about 3 sistas?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

3. Bryant

Bryant New Member

That's an interesting question Pey. For me personally, even though i'm attracted to white girls, i don't have any desire whatsoever to watch these types of shows just to see hot white girls on there. I watched the first season of Laguna Beach (which i have no idea how i made it through that with my sanity still intact :roll: ) but i haven't watched it since. I watch the Real World and Real World/Road Rules battles sometimes whenever i get the chance, but nothing out of the ordinary. If i see an attractive white girl on the t.v. that's cool, but for whatever reason i don't have the desire to channel surf in order to find them you know, but hey, that's just me. :wink:

4. designer

designer New Member

^^^ Hey Bry.
    You go away for a week on a dull trip and I'll bet ya you'll do some surfing!! :twisted:

5. Bryant

Bryant New Member

who am i kidding...you're probably right. :lol: :wink:

6. Chigirl

Chigirl New Member

Ooooh so much time wasted watching TV... yeah I am guilty of that

24 - no explanation needed :D

Grey's Anatomy
    Because Dr. Burke (Isiah Washington) with his arrogant confidence and his great looks always makes me drool. It also helps that all the other men on the show look great and the chemistry between the characters is great.

Miami Ink- Reality show about a Tattoo shop in Miami South Beach.

MTV Real World/ Road Rules Challenge
    It's just entertaining to see a bunch of airheads duke it out like that.

7. Ellahara

Ellahara New Member

I love the Australian soap Neighbours because its so incredibly melodramatic and ridiculous...one of those "so crap its great" shows...... and this show on with Jonathan Ross called "Japanorama" (got a bit of a Japan fetish, and I love Japanese men).

8. PeyBackTime8818

PeyBackTime8818 New Member

8 Simple Rules: Forgot about this show. Sad it got cancelled. Kaley Cuoco is a hottie! I'll post some pics of her later...

9. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Mile High on BBC America along with Footballers Wives and Eastenders. I loved those brit shows that rank with HBO,Showtime,and the rest.

10. QSSassy

QSSassy New Member

Yeah.. like Chi.. I'm totally into Grey's Anatomy and a big part of it for me is the IR, but not that alone

and 24.. oh yeah.. like she said... NO EXPLAINATION needed..

still into Smallville..

and I love Heroes

11. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

Heroes & FNL of course because of the IR stuff as well as the action. Brothers & Sisters for the "touchy-feely" stuff. Smallville and The Game too because of the IR of Brit Daniel and Coby Bell. Plus I like Wendy Robinson on there as well. :wink:

12. Spindip

Spindip New Member

Judging Amy for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is an underlying interracial attraction (acted on only once) between Amy and Bruce. But, it was cancelled. I'm still trying to get over it.

Lost 'cause it just rocks.

Guiltiest of guilty pleasures...

Charmed, which I've started watching ever since I began working from home. C'mon, the women on that show are hot!!!

and

Girlfriends

C'mon, the women on that show are hot!!!

13. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

So did I, until it started to suck after Shannen Dorothy left. It just got cornier and worse from that point on.

14. deSouthDakota

deSouthDakota New Member

The Real World and the RR/RW challenges.

15. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Friends: Uhm, I dunno, because of all the hype, it was only a matter of time until I tuned it to see what it's all about.

According to Jim: (Cheryl) Not much here.

Hope & Faith: currently cancelled but I enjoyed watching Kelly Ripa.

Laguna Beach: rich kids doing whatever they want; and no, it's not a scripted "reality" show for once.

Pepper Dennis: I can't believe I sat through an entire episode of this show. I watched it for Rebecca mainly because she hasn't been on TV in a while. This show isn't very good though.

Hogan Knows Best: Hulkamania brother! (Don't watch this show anymore).

The Osbournes: I really enjoyed this show. Nothin like no rules.

... that's all I can think of for now..

16. shaft2k4

shaft2k4 Active Member

1. Real Time; with Bill Maher

2. Aquateen Hungerforce (Adult swim)

3. Ghosthunters

4. The Shield

5. Battlestar Gallactica

BTW, I absolutely despise most reality shows. Even though No.3 on the list is technically a reality show it's about the only one I can actually sit through.

17. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

I'm sure that no one in this site despises reality shows more than I do, however, one of them won me over to some extent, and that's America's Got Talent. Yeah, I know, it's just another Star Search, but only more up-to-date, though I actually like it. It's not your typical, run-of-the-mill reality show, where all the black people are depicted as crazy and lazy, all the white people are always the ones who strive (even if they fight with each other a lot more than the black people), and people are in competition with one another to win some cash prize (usually 1,000,000 dollars) which will be much less than that once Big Brother gets his share of it, and people are lying to one another, setting each other up, turning against each other, and forming alliances to fight with someone in particular over and over again, which eventually leads to 1 or 2 people getting voted off or voted out every single week. :roll:

Some of the people in America's Got Talent actually do have talent (note: SOME) and along with the no-holds barred reality in comparison to MOST reality shows, it's got my vote as a keeper.

18. trojanman

trojanman New Member

i was a charmed fan from the start. loved holly marie combs (piper) when she was on picket fences and would have followed her anywhere. same with alysssa milano all the way back to who's the boss...some girls you just know are going to grow up to be sexy as hell (especially italianos).

i'm also down with judging amy (tnt daytime) as you can see i have thing for the brunettes. loved amy brenneman back when she was on nypd blue and followed her to ja. love the dynamic between her and bruce. if the showed had continued i think they would have ended up together.

i watched what i like about you because it mad me laugh out loud, as did the previously mentioned hope and faith and girlfriends.
    sticking with the brunettes...sad to admit i watch gilmore girls! lauren graham (the mom) is smokin!

cuts was funny as hell last season. too bad it didn't last.

what about brian has an interracial couple, but it's too boring.

my new shows are brothers and sisters, the class and the new adventures of old christine (damn...the brunette thing again).

love allison hannigan on how i met your mother.

and could they put anymore fine women on las vegas.

19. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

BUMP!

I see Shaft2K4 posted on this thread. What happened to him? :smt086

My guilty pleasure TV shows are:

Friends (still) - I (sadly) know most of the episodes by heart. LOL.

Undercovers (though it's not on anymore. :( )

Hawaii Five-O (the new one - love Alex O'Loughlin, YUMMY)

The Vampire Diaries. This is a new guilty pleasure. (Love me some Ian Somerhalder - he makes an incredibly hot vampire).

20. Sin Mari

Sin Mari New Member

Hollyoaks: For Ricky Whittle and Brian Bovell only...but I'm kind of getting sucked in by the story now. lol

Friends: Definitely a guilty pleasure. Watching it is, for me, like sneaking just one more chocolate and hoping no one will notice. :p

Entertainment Tonight: I can't help myself...I like to see what's (not really) going on with celebs. LOL

Top 20 most shocking: Don't always watch it, but when I do I thoroughly enjoy it.