WhiteWomenBlackMen.com

Go Back   WhiteWomenBlackMen.com > LOVE > The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men

Old 11-30-2006, 03:26 PM   #11
Soulthinker

Soulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond reputeSoulthinker has a reputation beyond repute
There should be a book on the reason of the German female's insatiable love for chocolate men. No question there is a population of Germans who have some Black blood in them. Desire and love happens in history inspite of laws forbiding it.
Soulthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:44 PM   #12
LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris has a spectacular aura aboutLaydeezmanCris has a spectacular aura aboutLaydeezmanCris has a spectacular aura aboutLaydeezmanCris has a spectacular aura aboutLaydeezmanCris has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobledruali
Okay Silver, you're really SCHOOLING us on the historical IR lo-lo stuff
Actually, all of these things are in history books. If you go to the "History" section of any good library, you'd be able to pick up books about these people. I've certainly read about these things before.

Anyway:

Nat King Cole and Gunilla Hutton.

Nat King Cole was married twice but after the breakup of his second marriage, maintained a relationship with Gunilla Hutton (Nurse Goodbody of 70s sitcom "Hee Haw") until his death. It was rumored that they had affairs during his second marriage to Maria Hawkins Ellington.
LaydeezmanCris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #13
fly girl

fly girl will become famous soon enoughfly girl will become famous soon enoughfly girl will become famous soon enoughfly girl will become famous soon enoughfly girl will become famous soon enough
New Orleans Roman Catholics who began to integrate after WWII.

fly girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:30 PM   #14
nobledruali

nobledruali is a jewel in the roughnobledruali is a jewel in the roughnobledruali is a jewel in the roughnobledruali is a jewel in the roughnobledruali is a jewel in the roughnobledruali is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydeezmanCris
Quote:
Okay Silver, you're really SCHOOLING us on the historical IR lo-lo stuff
Actually, all of these things are in history books. If you go to the "History" section of any good library, you'd be able to pick up books about these people. I've certainly read about these things before.

Anyway:

Nat King Cole and Gunilla Hutton.

Nat King Cole was married twice but after the breakup of his second marriage, maintained a relationship with Gunilla Hutton (Nurse Goodbody of 70s sitcom "Hee Haw") until his death. It was rumored that they had affairs during his second marriage to Maria Hawkins Ellington.

Ah like I said, I appreciate the schooling from all of you...even you too LC. :P
Old 12-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #15
nobledruali

nobledruali is a jewel in the roughnobledruali is a jewel in the roughnobledruali is a jewel in the roughnobledruali is a jewel in the roughnobledruali is a jewel in the roughnobledruali is a jewel in the rough
Didn't know that Nat's white lady-friend was on Petticoat Junction or on Match Game either
And here's a glamour shot of her too
Old 12-01-2006, 03:37 PM   #16
Ellahara
Bronze Member

Ellahara is on a distinguished roadEllahara is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulthinker
There should be a book on the reason of the German female's insatiable love for chocolate men. No question there is a population of Germans who have some Black blood in them. Desire and love happens in history inspite of laws forbiding it.
Like the mixed race children of the German ladies and the African-French troops in Germany who were sadly subject to Hitler's Nazi regime. I remember my history teacher saying that the children were there simply because "when you put people together they interact and fall in love, and so will have children - its what happens" without mentioning race once. That made me smile so much, not quite sure why, I suppose he just showed how simple it all is - how no matter what is said or done, or what differences there are, people will still fall in love.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:22 PM   #17
nobledruali

Also I want to speak on the COURAGE of Sammy Davis Jr & May Britt to go ahead and love each other despite the fact that when they got married IR unions were outlawed in 31 of the 50 states Not to even mention the death threats that they received especially Sammy for a long time. I didn't really appreciate him at first but he was very talented and a trailblazer for many black entertainers that came after him.

PS> Got to give it up too for Frank Sinatra for standing by and in for his friend Sammy Davis Jr when he & May got married when most of HOLLYWEIRD wouldn't even touch them at their wedding
Old 12-01-2006, 08:13 PM   #18
Silvercosma

Silvercosma is an unknown quantity at this pointSilvercosma is an unknown quantity at this point
Great additions!!! Keep it coming!!
Silvercosma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #19
Silvercosma

Silvercosma is an unknown quantity at this pointSilvercosma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Okay Silver, you're really SCHOOLING us on the historical IR lo-lo stuff Thanks.
Oh no, I don't have enough knowledge to school somebody. I know a few prominent ones, but most I have to research on the net as well, and there are some I don't know at all and then you school me on them, like the informations about Olaudah Equiano posted by Ellahara, and Ottilie Assing which was brought up by Soulthinker. That's what I like about discussion boards: everybody adds a piece and at the end we all benefit from it.

Let's keep it growing until people think twice before they continue to say things like: people involved in IR relationships are "lost for their communities" or "they aint shit" unless they want to make themselves look really stupid ...
Old 12-01-2006, 09:26 PM   #20
Silvercosma

James Farmer and his wife Lula Peterson

James Farmer was the pioneer of the civil rights movement's nonviolent direct action against racial discrimination and segregation. Direct action included sit-ins, boycotts, and picketing of places of public accommodation such as restaurants, theaters and bowling alleys which discriminated against people of color. The New York Times upon his death in 1999 described him as "a principal founder of the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) and the last survivor of the `Big Four."' The four included Roy Wilkins of the N.A.A.C.P., Martin Luther King, and Whitney Young of the Urban League. Lula Peterson was a white member of CORE.
More about him here