Super Freak: The Rick James Story

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

Here's another IR possibility for late-'07, or sometime in '08. There's going to be a biopic about rock-funk legend Rick James titled 'Super Freak'.

We all know that Rick only dated & did white chicks, incl. actress Catherine Bach (TV's 'Dukes of Hazzard'), Linda Blair ('The Exorcist')...plus all the white groupies on the road.

Rick married a Persian dancer named Tanya Hijazi. I tried to find pics of her, but couldn't.

The Kid Rasta 8)

2. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

:idea: And don't forget about
    [​IMG] ...Teena Marie :!: :wink:

3. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Marie talked about James in her interview on the magazine Sister 2 Sister.

4. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

I really loved Teena Marie's old stuff. She was really great. And i heard she only dates/d brothas.

5. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

She even has children by one brother.

6. Lexington

Lexington New Member

She also talked about him just prior to his death...and it wasn't flattering one bit.

7. nobledruali

8. Lexington

Lexington New Member

Here are my favorites for the lead role: Larenz Tate, Omar Epps, Eddie Murphy or Don Cheadle. Can't wait!

9. nobledruali

:idea: Hey Lex, the funny thing about this project is the fact that for the longest Spike has wanted to do a biopic on MILES DAVIS. And I had heard that Don Cheadle was being considered for the title role :!: :wink:

10. Lexington

Lexington New Member

Don would be perfect to play Miles.

11. Lexington

Lexington New Member

12. LB23J

LB23J New Member

Re: 'Super Freak: The Rick James Story'

I know this is an old message but I want to tell you that what you said isn't true. Rick James dated A LOT of black women and black celebrity women, I know many people think that he only dated white women but if he was still here he will tell you that's not true. Tanya Hijazi is Rick's second wife his first wife was black and they got married in the 70's. Rick's first two children was by a black woman then he had his last child by Tanya Hijazi. And Ola Ray (the woman in Michael Jackson's Thriller video), and Marvin Gaye's second wife Jan, Rick dated. Just two from many black women he dated and did.

13. Hypestyle

Hypestyle New Member

has rick's autobiography come out yet? I kept seeing it being hyped before he died, then nothing..