Admitting your attraction/preference

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by tp480, Mar 30, 2020.

1. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

Hope everyone is safe and sound. Thought I would start a new topic. Is it me or do a lot of people have a problem admitting their attraction for white women/black men? Thoughts

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I think if they do, the reasons have changed.
    Before, it was possibly being shunned, or there was fear of racist assaults/insults, but today it seems more like they push that it's "politically incorrect". They will infer that to be "woke" you should be with your own kind, or you should stay in your lane.. it'll probably reach a point where it'll be 'cultural appropriation' to date someone from another race. They'll figure something ridiculous out to keep us apart.

3. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

I agree wholeheartedly with your talking points. Even on this website which is geared towards ww/bm and is a safe haven I still read comments like “I’m attracted to bm/ww but” so I still feel like some people are still on the fence.

4. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

I have no issue with admitting my attraction at all. The older and wiser that I become my attractions get even stronger.

5. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I suspect many while not hiding their IR preference and/or open to IR dating, but wouldn't let it hang out there just to avoid the BS comments/questions from narrow minded people. I'll be the first to admit that it has gotten old. I am happy to see a lot or IR relationships in the young crowd.

6. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Brothas especially feel like they have to pay homage to black women even if they date/sleep with/marry white

A brotha can't even date/sleep with/marry a light-skin sista without buckdancing for the colorism crybabies

Conversely, when a WW dates out, she's like fuck the white man, black men only lmao

7. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

There are some folks in this forum that want us to kowtow to that B.S. I am very open and upfront about my preferences. No shame in my game.

8. RicardoCooper

It used to be much worse on here

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

People often worry about being disliked, so they tip toe around insecure folks and those with delicate sensibilities. Ignorant people equate not being an equal opportunity dater with being racist. Your personal choice as to who you date is naturally biased as it is supposed to be, no such thing as racism or colorism there. Attractions are naturally subjective. Why shouldn't they be?

The choice of who you "date" is completely yours and it doesn't hurt anyone.

Personally I don't care who likes me or not so I don't have those issues. Those that do have those issues should realize that those are issues of their own making. As long as they don't try to make it my problem I'm ok with it. Folks have all the issues you want, just contain them to yourself. Please and thank you.

I have only "dated" white women and latinas for a long time now. White women are my preference these days because latinas are often religious.

10. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

Another statement of fact! As a gen xer that was the case growing up and I come from a place where bm/ww was considered normal 20-30 years ago. Shaming language is working with millennials and gen Z though which is a positive in my opinion.

11. meowkittenmeow

Oh? Tell me about it. What was it like?

12. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

I have no problem admitting my attraction to any type of women white latina black asian, a hot woman is a hot woman. Now maybe because I am older I dont feel the need to go on tik tok, twitter, instagram, or whatever else to announce it. I think we discussed this a couple weeks back in another thread, and I really dont have a problem with any of it. You do notice it is mostly younger girls proclaiming their love of black men which is all fine and good but at the same time it can feel like they are doing it more for the attention than anything else. How many of them actually have the preference or are we the in, cool, edgy, check off your bucket list thing to do when they are young.

13. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Typically the adults who have trouble admitting to it (as if they have something to confess smh) are people not strong enough or mature enough to be dating interracially in the first place. To feel guilty/embarrassed/ashamed/afraid/etc., or to worry or care what others think about it are pretty strong indicators that a person agrees on some level that their attraction is wrong. That's something a person needs to work though before they're ready to venture into IR dating, especially if an actual relationship is what they're looking for.

Some people have a problem admitting it because their attraction isn't based on anything genuine. For some, IR dating/relationships aren't something they're serious about. The trashy cuckold/BBC/stereotypical BS fetish types are good examples of that.

It does make sense when it comes to the young folks whose families have an issue with it though. It's not like those kids have the freedom to do what they want while they're still young enough to be living at home or still somehow under their parents' care/control, especially the way some parents lose their shit over it. In those situations, the kids' fear is completely understandable.

Although I've been attracted to black guys since forever, my parents didn't allow me to date IR growing up. Once I was grown, I dated whoever the hell I wanted, and didn't care who knew or what they thought of it. It had nothing to do with them, so it wasn't their business, or anyone else's, as far as I was concerned. They didn't like it, but they eventually got over it.

I don't waste time worrying or whining about what haters think or say about it (or about me), and I don't waste time dating anyone who does. Anyone who dates interracially deals with their share of haters, but secure, healthy-minded people don't let that shit faze them. Obsessing over haters and hating them in return are huge red flags; they show a lot of emotional baggage holding someone back and indicate a person has a lot of healing and work to do on themself before they can have a healthy relationship (interracial or otherwise). People need to do what makes them happy and stop caring so much about what other people think about it/them. Hating says more about the person doing it than it does their target, so it shouldn't be taken personally. The hater shit has no power over us unless we allow it, so let it be their problem.

14. K

K Well-Known Member

Some people aren't able to realize their own preferences and interests until they are grown. Many people's minds are governed by their peers, family, etc.
    I think people are much more willing to say what their preferences are now than in the past. However, I do still see people dance around things too.

It's an interesting thing though. There are things on this site where men are calling out ww who only date black men, stereotyping them, etc. How we look a certain way, have certain haircuts and so forth and I'm pretty sure most of us don't fit into any of it. There have also been those who rag about women on dating sites who put it out there that they only date black men. I know it's often joking but I find it rather interesting all the same and there definitely have been men on here who seem to have bought into a lot of the bullshit out there. But then I'm pretty sure there have been times when some of the so called black men on here are not that at all.

15. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

I agree with a lot of the post and I’m not saying you need to shout it from the roof tops or go out and do the boogaloo in the middle of the street. I also understand people have socio-economic backgrounds that prevent them from pursuing their initial attraction.

16. tp480

tp480 Well-Known Member

Their in the wrong place ww/bm. I love this site! It’s a safe haven for bm/ww.

17. RicardoCooper

Well, you've got to admit that "Karen" look a.k.a. the "Kate Gosselin" is basically the look of a stereotypical WW who dates BM :D

18. K

K Well-Known Member

No....cause I've never seen a black man with a woman looking like that irl. Maybe it's a difference of locations?? IDK

19. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Never been ashamed of whoever I been with no matter the race. I’ve grown up with older cousins who married white women so I guess it’s always felt normal to me. Interracial relationships more than ever are accepted. Hell a lot of the white dudes I work with are married/dating black women at the moment. I can’t see how anyone in this day of age could feel weird about who their attracted to.

20. meowkittenmeow

The only “if she has this haircut” types are normally hoodrat ww that try their hardest to act like a bw caricature. You live in California where there is more interracial dating and that probably isn’t something you see in your circles. I’ve generally witnessed it while in the military or if I visit a distant family member that lives in a dodgy part of a city. I believe the memes are meant to express that.