Admitting your attraction/preference

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by tp480, Mar 30, 2020.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I keep forgetting that black men are such a rare find in Australia lol. I played Aussie Rules football on a club team here in the US for a hot minute. Those guys were so cool, and I never felt even the slightest bit of racial tension (there was maybe one other black guy on the team). I'm still eager to visit your country once I can manage it.

2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I have way too many stories about parents being the only major problem on the ww side of a wwbm relationship. I'm glad you're in a better spot, and I do hope your parents come around.

On a separate note, is that you in your profile pic??? o_O If so, I'm gonna need you to tell me where women like you congregate IMMEDIATELY, so I can go attract one ASAP :cool::D

3. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

It really is awesome how it worked out so great for you. I hope y'all last a long, long time!

4. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Yep, very sadly. Although there’s seemingly a lot of Africans in Brisbane these days.
    Hahah you played Aussie rules! Did you wear the short shorts lol. We’re pretty laid back people, I’ve never come across anyone over here who doesn’t hold a fondness for Americans. Sadly the racism goes mostly toward Indians, Asians and our own Indigenous people. Although I’ve never witnessed it first hand, we aren’t known to be confrontational people.

Definitely come over if you get an opportunity. Just bypass Brisbane and check out the big cities.,

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. breanna03

breanna03 New Member

Thank you, and thank you for the well wishes! I love my parents, but they were definitely tough to live with growing up. They are wrong about a lot of things. I hope they come around too, but even if they don't, they'll need to learn to accept it.

It is me! :) Thank you so much! ;) I can't speak for all women like me, but I can usually either be found in class, at the library doing homework, or at work. :rolleyes: I'm busy a lot and there's not much else going on in my life unfortunately :oops: Such is life :D

6. breanna03

breanna03 New Member

I really like the way you said this :) thank you for sharing! A lot more people need to have this mindset :) I'm really glad things are going well for you! :)

7. jen14

jen14 Active Member

I have also come across some women who seem to feel obligated to announce that their partner is black as soon as they mention they are married/have a BF, which is usually within 10 minutes of meeting them... For the life of me, I will never understand this lol

Awww, thank you all, you are all so sweet :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. beccaomecca

Hahah! It’s very odd right. It felt like she wanted to lessen the shock I would have had seeing that he was black lol. But to be honest I think I would probably do the same, because over here it would come as a shock because people of beautiful dark pigmentation are rare. If I lived over there I would feel the need to vocalise if my bf/husband was chocolate.

9. vanille

vanille Active Member

I never mention it to people, I'd rather see if they look surprised when the meet my bf

10. jen14

jen14 Active Member

I guess it makes sense depending on the place or I guess the times or who you are talking to... so who am I to judge :) like I said I did it with my family members, very slowly and cautiously lol. But I dfeel some are doing it just to do it, I don't know if they are bragging or what their reason is lol

LOL, that has happened to me a few times. Nothing crazy though, just a moment of surprise and then back to normal

11. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

As my friends already know that I have been with BM, I guess I do not feel a need to announce it.
    They would be more surprised if they see me with a WM.

12. vanille

vanille Active Member

They've never seen my with a bf and everyone though I would end up with one of my close friends so it was quite a surprise when I introduced my very black chocolat african bf :p

13. sarah23

To your female friends?

14. vanille

vanille Active Member

All my friends, why would I make a difference ?

15. sarah23

True.
    My female friends were surprised when I started going with Muslim black guys.
    But otherwise no.

16. vanille

vanille Active Member

My female friends are the ones asking the most questions lol
    Even if is african, he's not muslim, I'm not into religion so it would have been a big turnoff I guess

17. beccaomecca

lol as expected.
    I’m not a religious person either and the Muslim faith is quite an intense one, Christian faith and Muslim faith are actually quite similar. I’ve read a bit of the Quran out of curiosity and have a few friends of the Muslim faith.
    A lot of Africans, particularly men are Muslim, you wouldn’t have gone there if you found out the guy you liked was Muslim?

18. sarah23

Because it's our female friends that are closest to us and with whom we discuss these things

19. vanille

vanille Active Member

Well I don't know, probably, but they believe in it too much and talk too otften about it I don't think it would be possible for me

Well It was my little secret ;-) We started talking after they met him. And now one of the female friends is even dating a african guy as well :p

20. sarah23

I agree with you regarding Muslim guys.
    So would my friends.
    But in reality, we still end up going with them
    We often tease each other on this.
    Lol