Adventures in Hollyhood!!!!

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by remix99, Apr 20, 2007.

1. remix99

remix99 New Member

More ghetto trash to send around the globe to make young black men look like uneducated fools,thugs, boobs,and have no grasp of English, when will they learn, rap isn't black America. And, VH1 and MTV are the worst enemies with this "reality" lie for ratings.

But, then again, no one wants to have a show about young black men and women going to school and doing good things in the "hood" too boring."

[​IMG]

2. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Gotta love that propaganda.

3. awia

awia New Member

Just thought I'd throw this in... 8)

Lewis Howard Latimer – pioneer of the electric lighting industry & author of the poem EBON VENUS

Jan E. Matzeliger - inventor of the First mechanical shoe-making machine

Elijah McCoy – inventor of automatic Lubricating devices

Norbert Rillieux - inventor of sugar refining system

Granville T. Woods - rec’d patents for over 50 inventions

Garret A. Morgan – inventor of the gas Mask and the Stop Light system

Frederick Jones – inventor of the refrigerated Truck

Dr. George Carruthers - inventor of the Space camera / spectograph

4. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

I know. When will America wake up to the fact that hip-hop is not the only representation of black life? There are black lawyers, teachers, doctors, engineers, bankers and other professionals, you know? But then again, we can't be represented in ways that do not reinforce already prevalent stereotypes, can we?

5. NoIdea

NoIdea New Member

There was a television show called "Kevin Hill". Kevin Hill was a black lawyer. That show actually showed a black guy in a positive successful role. The show was on UPN. I hate it when they Kevin Hill a tom and that he "acts white". :x

6. Boll Onin

Boll Onin Member

well,
    there are tons of white boobs and idiots shot all around the world but because there are som many different images of whites that those images are over looked or minimized.

rap is a part of black america, it is like someone has posted all of black America.

you can blame BET for its limited portrayl of black people at leat MTV will play a video by a black person in a rock group.

C.R.E.A.M

7. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

I still like the fact that my boys won an Oscar :!: :smt038

8. remix99

remix99 New Member

yeah Kevin Hill great show.. and I just dont mean, it's good for black culture, but it really was a good show... But no ratings...
    You can't blame old White Billy Bob from the suburbs to have only one perception of Black Men, that's all he see's and knows.. thanks Mtv a.k.a Viacom

Kevin Hill - canceled 1 season
    Flva of love 3 season - Highest cable show ratings ever
    Hollyhood - this quarter its Mtv's top 3 highest rated show.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. AnMDBCartoon

AnMDBCartoon New Member

America, and therefore the world................. :x

OpinionsCartoonStudios@yahoo.co.uk

10. dj4monie

dj4monie New Member

Another comment from those FAR removed from Hollywood...

Ummm, people try to get more shows that depict Black People in a more positive light. But like you said, its boring.

Its not only boring to Black People, its boring to White people.

Black Folk like "The Wire" not "Kevin Hill"

Too many things in the black community have to change before their taste in television shows and movies will change, its just that simple.

There a lot of black people with power in Hollywood, its just getting their shows on TV if they weren't attractive to the masses before, its hard to get a network to "bite" on them. They have moved to Cable, but they are finding it "hard" there too.

Just how many "new" programs are on TV One for example or BET????

That's the reality of it.