Age differences between partners

Discussion in 'The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men' started by XXX, Oct 7, 2009.

1. JamahlSharif

JamahlSharif Well-Known Member

F*ck dat...18-80 baby! (jokes)

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

For me personally, I want to be the superior in age. My limit would be a minimum of 5 years and a maximum of 10 years. It is more important that despite the age difference, it is, imho, about relativity than appearances. We, as a couple, are willing to share our lives with each other. When people see us together, they see us as a couple.

3. roadlesstraveled

roadlesstraveled New Member

Up until this year, I was basically exclusively looking at younger girls in terms of a serious relationship, or even just dating. But realizing that I do like older women and always have (physically, but just had never thought of dating them), I decided to be open-minded and not focus so much on dating someone younger, but just whom I connected with. Age is really just a number for me. So, long story short, I'm dating an older woman now, who to be honest, is a better match than any younger girl I previously dated or talked to.

4. luvattractivewomen

luvattractivewomen New Member

I have dated women my own age, younger, and older. The truth is that they all have strengths and weaknesses. Some are just more tolerable than others. The biggest differences I have noticed between women tend to be in regards to their cultural background and upbringing. All in all, if she is legal, date her. Keep in mind that it may not last, but I wish you the best of luck.

5. Addolorata

Addolorata Active Member

And here I was thinking 5 would be my maximum. This thread has opened my eyes a lot.

6. Ellemental

Ellemental New Member

I've never posted here before ... but this thread caught my attention. I'm daing a guy that's younger now. he doesn't have an issue with it but I sure am! he's great but I have concerns about the places we are in put lives . I'm divorced with kids, 37 yo .. my youngest is 9. He just turned 30- never married, no kids. He wants kids eventually and at this point I don't know if I do want more - and even if I did- getting kind of old .
    That being said - I'm sure having a great time with someone who can keep up with my needs unlike a lot of the older men I've dated :)

7. redheadedNUT

redheadedNUT New Member

I was meaning to respond to the question about Urban vs Suburban and waded through a rather eye-opening discourse about age, LOL.

Me, I don't like to go too young or too old. I try not to even ask about age if I really think they're interesting, but the men who SEEM too young, I steer clear of. I don't want more kids, and I'd never ask a younger man to forego children for me. Not cool.

Anyway, my choice would definitely be more suburban with a gentle leaning towards 'thug.' The one I'm seeing is suburban because he's a manager and spends most of his time in dress shirt and tie, but when he's off, he's a sexy thing in anything he wears, from his gym shorts to his jeans and t shirts. I'm not a designer guru so I can't even drop names, haha, but he IS a clothes horse, always smells wonderful, and is always clean cut, sometimes with facial hair, sometimes not. That`s what I'm talking about!

8. whiteroses

whiteroses New Member

I think

I think you should go for it !!
    do not think about what people would say.
    have been with men/ guy that have been older than me and also
    with guys that have been younger than me
    think with you heart and if it feels right go for it no matter what ..
    if she gives you the warm fuzzy feeling and you feel complete with her .
    just go for her ... wish you good luck and remember be caring and loving and understanding and patient .. then you will have a good chance

9. buglerroller

buglerroller Well-Known Member

i've noticed during my endeavors of being with an older women... the women have always had an issue with it where as i was just happy being with them.

10. Ellemental

Ellemental New Member

True story.. I'm 8 years older and I have Way more issues than he does.

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

What needs do you have that aren't being met? Just sexual?

12. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I recently got hit on by a guy 17 years younger than me. He's a cutie, but he's way too young for me.

13. The Dark King

for fun?

14. Tamstrong

The idea of having "fun" with someone not much older than my kid doesn't appeal to me. I prefer to play with men closer to my own age. :cool:

15. The Dark King

he got that young back and energy for days big momma. Don't knock it till you try it lol:smt029

16. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

ROFL

Blind, crippled and crazy? :p

17. Tamstrong

lmao! The youngun needs to find himself a different big momma to play with. Even if he wasn't too young, he's a coworker and I don't play with my coworkers either.

I do have a cougar friend I may introduce him to though. She typically "dates" men in their early 20s, and I think they'd like each other.

18. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I see what you did there...

19. Tamstrong

;)

20. Ellemental

Ellemental New Member

Ha... those needs are met quite well most of the time.
    We're just at different stages in life and it causes some friction sometimes. Some day he will want kids and I'm pretty much over that stage. Just things like that.