Age differences between partners

Discussion in 'The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men' started by XXX, Oct 7, 2009.

1. swirlingnurse

swirlingnurse Member

I have dated younger men in recent years and have enjoyed it. Sometimes things change. Fifteen years ago I wouldn't have considered it, but if a guy has his act together in many ways why let age get in the way of things?

2. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Men have been doing it for centuries so why not women? I say go for it :cool:

3. Jenmonster

Jenmonster Active Member

I would have no problem if my fiance was 10 years older than me (although he doesn't happen to be). I'm not sure when I'd start considering it a problem. Maybe at 15 years or so? I'm not really sure.

As for younger guys, I tend to prefer my guys are older, so I'm not really sure about that. If a guy were even 5 years younger than me he'd still be in college and I'd rather not deal with that! :D

4. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Discriminating against beer drinking frat boys? :cool:

5. Jenmonster

Jenmonster Active Member

Yep! Not my type :)

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Recently I'd say dating within five years of my age is a lot better for me at this point of my life. No more decade age differences.

7. subtlenote

subtlenote Active Member

Never made a difference; in fact, older women tend to be more self aware- quite a sexy quality.

8. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

Like the way you think. Had a partner way younger than me. It was fantabulous. ;)

9. subtlenote

subtlenote Active Member

I concur! love the "dynamics" when it is right. Especially when secure...

10. joanneuk

joanneuk New Member

So long as it is legal and you like each other who cares about age differences?! Go for it.

11. curleyblonde

curleyblonde New Member

Have dated ten years older but usually date younger. Currently dating 10 years younger.

12. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I agree completely. It's a beautiful thing! :smt045

13. meeghan50

meeghan50 New Member

age difference

I say as long as youre happy, go for it! I prefer younger men myself,and it was kind of awkward at first,talking to my daughters about it.A couple guys were younger than my youngest daughter,she was 25 at the time.But, as long as im happy, they dont care. Also, ive met men in their 20s, who were more mature than guys in their 30s or 40s. Its all about the whole person.:freehug:

14. falcon

falcon New Member

Age of the person does not matter.......Just as long when I ask her age, she doesn't hold up both hands and say "This Many". Its all about the connection between two people and nothing more

15. southfloridagirl

southfloridagirl New Member

For a purely sexual relationship, or a short term one, age matters very little - only sexual attraction matters. For something longer term that involves more entanglements than just the sexual kind.... a large age gap is not good, but can be worked around if the partners are exceptionally compatible and bonded.

A ten year age difference is indeed a difference, but not an outrageous one. 13-15 years older than me is where I would draw the line as an absolute limit for a serious relationship with a man. Especially as I am getting older myself, I would not want to be with a man who is well into his years of physical decline, while I am still in my prime.

16. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sup gurl?

17. swirlingnurse

swirlingnurse Member

Dated and married older years ago, but now I date younger. Current guy is 12 years my junior. I just click with younger guys better.

18. goodlove

goodlove New Member

study came out this week older sperm may not be good sperm in getting a healthy child

19. southfloridagirl

southfloridagirl New Member

That has been known for quite a while. The sperm keeps being produced but the quality decreases with age, accompanied by higher risks of health conditions in baby, and also time to conceive increases with age of father, as sperm from older man is not as healthy and vital and does not survive as well the trip to fertilization. A woman on the other hand, just stops ovulating after a certain age.

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

yeah the mans bio clock