Alfred Wright death in Jasper, Texas

Discussion in 'In the News' started by GQ Brotha, Feb 15, 2014.

1. jxsilicon9

jxsilicon9 Active Member

I'm glad the feds are taking over the case. I would never live in Jasper,TX after all the crap that has happened to black men there.

2. ChocolateLoverTrish

ChocolateLoverTrish New Member

R.I.P. Mr. Byrd. That was horrible.

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The clerk at the gas station/convenience store where Alfred Wright was last seen made a statement that she saw Wright talking outside near his truck on his cell phone, and that he left afterwards abandoning his truck 'on his own free will'.

That's a loaded statement IMO and would make me as a law enforcement bring this woman in for an interview.

Who ever says they saw someone else leave 'on their own free will'??

I always believe if you talk to a liar long enough, eventually they will tell on themselves.

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

That's already been noted on/reported from day one. Speculating that it's as if she was 'told' to say that when asked. If she is lying, we don't know, she could have been intimidated to stick to saying that...too many inconsistencies here...this county sounds effing creepy. Gorath was right..

5. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Thread bump.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ged-throat-slit-Texas-scrubland.html#comments

6. andreboba

7. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I put those up because it appeared as if politicians and Obama needed to get involved with what's going on with that case, based on their commentary. I found it strange that a few of the posters decided to take jabs at the President and Democrats over it. One of the posters ignored the case and commented about him being a contestant on American Idol instead.

I also wanted to see if you thought what Lost in NY said made sense.

8. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

as of 2/28/2014 the dept of justice is getting involved in this case...a second autopsy was performed and the case is now classified as a homicide...there is a $30,000 reward for information on the disappearance and death of Alfred Wright

9. andreboba

What's really sad is there are people in this country who refuse to believe racism still exists, or don't think that we have an economic crisis in this country because of the growing income inequality.

Only an insane person thinks it's perfectly OK that profits for the 1% have increased astronomically the last 30 years yet wages and salaries for the middle class have remained stagnant.

People need to study their world history. Apathy about the growing divide between the ultra-rich and the poor and middle classes is where the seeds of bloody revolutions are sown.

It's crazy to me how someone like Rush Limbaugh who was born into the 1% and became fabulously wealthy as a radio personality, has become the conservative patron saint for many poor, under-educated republican voters.

People like Rush defend the status quo because they benefit the most from it.

I hope AG Holder gets this case blown wide open and the perpetrators of this man's death are brought to justice.

It's totally unbelievable that this stable young man left his house, stopped at a gas station to make a phonecall, when on an inexplicable meth binge and committed suicide.

10. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

he didn't just stop at a gas station to make a call...his truck broke down...he called his wife and parents to let them know the truck broke down...when they got there he was gone...missing for 3 weeks before they found his body...i am pretty sure he was found on the owner of the gas stations land...which the authorities never asked to search

he was under investigation for embezzlement from a previous employer but hardly the end of the world when you have a wife and kids