Amanda Bynes preferes chocolate men.

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by flaminghetero, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

Yeah, that's the unfortunate part. We're so busy being distracted with bullshit, when the real shit issues at hand are being overlooked or ignored.

We're also a bored society. We need that instant gratification.

2. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Apparently she is "retiring" and...............she still likes black men. :smt042

[​IMG]

Amanda Bynes announced early this morning she'll retire from acting.

"I don't love acting anymore so I've stopped doing it," she wrote on Twitter. A quick volley of tweets included further explanation: "Being an actress isn't as fun as it may seem" and "I've never written the movies & tv shows I've been apart of I've only acted like the characters the producers or directors wanted me to play."

The 24-year-old star became famous on Nickelodeon, eventually starring in films like 'She's the Man' and 'Hairspray' and posing as cover girl for magazines like Cosmopolitan and Maxim.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

I'm glad you bumped this thread.:smt003

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

This made my day thanks JC

5. chicity

chicity New Member

Good for her. Hope she finds something she loves doing for her professional life, and someone she loves being with for the personal life.

6. NCBradin

NCBradin New Member

WOW!

Well..at least she get her normal life back in a private life now. Still can't believe that she's going to retiring from acting. Is she for real? If that stopping her from acting, then why don't she write tv or movie scripts? Come on, what stops her?

We shall see if she hold her words.

7. The Dark King

That's pretty huge. When has there ever been a mainstream actress or who openly prefer black men. The kardashians don't count. Kim got in the game fucking her man on camera.

8. z

z Well-Known Member

Amanda Bynes is maybe a mild teeny dream, she is no A list actress and beauty wise she aint all that either. But I got to give to her she seems to be a cool chick.

When you see Scarlett Johansson, Amanda Seyfried, Naomi watts, Demi Moore, stepping to this side of the river then we're talking mainstream cross over.
    About retirement, I dont beleive what the folks in Tinseltown spout all the time. Didnt Renée Kathleen Zellweger said she retired or was going to retire from acting but continue to make movies.

9. The Dark King

Point made sir. I think she's mad cute but mainstream she is not

10. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

I saw this this morning, but the BM part made me LOL!

11. chicity

chicity New Member

Ooh! I know what we should do! We should do a spinoff of "not together but looking good", called "MatchMake Amanda Bynes" where we pick various Black Men we think she'd be good with.

That would be so fun :)

12. Inner Beauty

Inner Beauty New Member

LOL! I like that idea...

Set it off...

I have some matches in mind....

13. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

If any of these ladies said what Amanda said they probably wouldn't be "mainstream" anymore anyway. Actually Demi and to a lesser extent Naomi are relatively "old" so it wouldn't matter as much. Scarlett would be the biggest deal out of the bunch. I love Amanda when guys weren't really digging Amanda (actually I first saw her back during her All My Children days when her onscreen boyfriend was a black dude), but how long has she been mainstream? All of ten minutes?

14. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Heard she is going to retire. Hope she is having a family with that brother.

15. playboy90210

playboy90210 New Member

Funny thing is she never went after wesley jonathan on What I Like About You, they're TV show. Also why have none of her boyfriends have been black have they? Unless they kept it secret or she just never went out with them in public (doubtful) or they werent famous maybe...? Who knows. Could it be a recent obsession or something she kept secret but is "coming out of the closet" with now? Anyway I added her on my Twitter, shouted her a comment thingy, she has yet to reply...lol

16. JamalSpunky

I recall reading years ago that the producers of the show or the network of the show put one rule in place that the writers were supposed to follow: Amanda's character was never to date Wesley's character.

Anyway TPTB of the show did eventually pair Wesley's character with another white girl played by Allison Munn if I got that right. Now THAT girl had a thick ass. You can find some YouTube clips dedicated just to her walking out the door or moving across a sidewalk.

You can also find YouTube vids dedicated to her and Wesley's
    characters.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  17. fexo

fexo Member

Source?

18. The Dark King

She also dated a main character on one tree hill too

19. JamalSpunky

I would have to look for it. It was an internet source from one of the entetainment wbsites like E or something. I don't know if I still have the info stored anywhere but I vividly recall reading and reacting to it.

20. babybro

babybro New Member

Well I'm definitely late to the discussion but I can definitely see both sides of the argument. On the ladies side, you have this placement that through Amanda words, she's could possibly be distorting her relationship with her man to an almost unnatural state. By highlighting him as chocolate and such, it could be viewed as fuel to the ideal that a BM/WF relationship is unnatural, tabooish, and exotic.

On the other hand, for the guys, they just appreciate being well, appreciated lol. Black Males very rarely shown as possible romantic partners, except for in Hip Hop and R&B and that's mostly with BM/BW relations. So to not only have a WW, but a very attractive WW at that pronounce her love for "chocolate" could provide a somewhat much needed boost of confidence. Akin to Barack Obama becoming president, but no where near the same level of course. Before Barack, very few if any black person would've thought it would be possible to have a black president. Now that Barack has lead the way, others now have hope. And with Amanda establishing that she does like BM, that
    could be shown as having hope of appearing to be viable attractive partners.

As for my opinion, it's kinda hard to say. The reason being is I've often been called certain candy bars from BW due my natural skin color being more akin to carmel or toffee, but the skin that's in contact by the sun is more a milk chocolate color. So I've been called a snickers bar, reeses, just about everything that has a chocolate covering with some sort of carmel or peanut butter filling on the inside. So is it okay for Black Women to say it but not White Women? There lies the question.