Amma Asante getting dragged on Twitter for her latest movie. (Black girl falls in love with Nazi.)

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Frederick, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You're grossly out of touch with American cultures in more ways than one. I don't see that changing anytime soon; however, I don't have a problem accepting that you have some odd beliefs.

When you consider that many people have even stranger beliefs that are even considered normal. Lol.

Do you bro. We're cool regardless.

The difference is that you're gonna have to take this discussion up with Kizzy.

I'm not gonna be able to do it.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lol please tell how what I said was weird? You truly believe skin tone doesn't matter? And if that in fact is the case then can we say race doesn't matter either?

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Well Shatoya probably agrees with you. She may even want your opinion on her makeup.

4. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

That’s the truth.

5. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

All Whitey sees is black, he doesn't parse color. When they cast Good Times and had James and Florida as mom and dad, where did lightskin Michael and Thelma come from? Answer: the white/Jewish casting people just saw black

6. RicardoCooper

Funny that book is on my Wish List just never got around to buying it. If this was 30-40 years ago I'd be on that black Boule, summering in the Hamptons/Martha's Vineyard preppy snob tip for sure lol

Like the previous colorism thread I have nothing more to add to this topic, I respect your point of view as always bro. No insults meant or intended to anyone reading this it is a touchy subject for some.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lmao my Lord we've come a long way. Respect
    And what's funny is many might consider me bougie af lol. We are going to the Hamptons next month came back from Laguna Beach last week. All that shit is fun for about an hour. The only difference is people serve you like you're the king of Wakanda because no one is sure if you're rich or not.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Don't forget about Chrissie, I don't know how you forgot about her. I've seen pics of her. She's busted too.

I find it ridiculous that she's constantly whining on her YouTube channel about how BM of means/High-value BM aren’t checking for her (& her darkskin sisters), when based on her pics she should probably get in the gym if she wants to even have a chance at competing for these BM.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. RicardoCooper

I don't watch Chrissie's videos so I don't know what she looks like. But BW don't feel like they need to compete, they just automatically deserve top-shelf BM no matter how little they bring to the table

10. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

They're going at this movie again on Twitter. Still two weeks out from the premiere. This shit is going to be amusing.

11. Frederick

This book was about a black woman who fell in love with a German regular army POW who was being held in the US after the end of the war.

A movie based on that story wouldn't be objectionable.

Where Hands Touch is about girl who ends up in a concentration camp falling in love with a fucking SS officer in Germany in the middle of the Holocaust.

[​IMG]

Notice that Steinberg is the only "Jewish" actress in Hollywood who'd be stupid enough to put her hand up for this shit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Thank God Jewish women authors have not tried to romanticize or belittle the Holocaust experience by writing numerous romance novels of the conflicted Nazi officer who falls in love with the Jewish girl who moves his heart and excites his loins in a manner his blonde Aryan girlfriend/fiance/wife at home never does.

It takes a black woman to attempt to mainstream a romance between a Hitler Youth/Nazi male and a woman who ends up in a Holocaust camp. Is it supposed to be okay that the woman at the center of the story is not Jewish but some black girl instead? I just think it proves my theory of black women's ever increasing narcissism. Only they would think to make the Holocaust all about a black female's struggle.

13. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Its not her fault. Even as a lesbian she can't stop herself from accepting opportunities to play the love interest of white dudes.

14. Frederick

Millions of non-Jews were exterminated in the same manner during the Holocaust, so it's no less offensive.

Trying to spin this off of Elinor Powell's story just doesn't work.

There's no rational comparison between the German concentration camps and US POW camps.

15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

So far this year of black women in film: Overlooked Black Panther's leading man in exchange for the black women, Tried to make AWIT have a BP affect at the box office and failed and celebrated black women falling in love with a nazi. What will they do next? Stay tuned!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List