Anthony Bourdain commits suicide! :(

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

This is horrible!!! :oops::(
    First Kate Spade, now him...

[​IMG]
    I reallly liked him and just loved his travel food shows on both Travel Channel and CNN.
    • Bourdain hanged himself in his hotel room in Kaysersberg, France, while in town shooting Parts Unknown
    • His close friend Éric Ripert, owner of New York's renowned restaurant Le Bernardin, found him dead
    • Bourdain rose to fame with his memoir Kitchen Confidential, and became a household name on TV
    • The travel host and author was also very open about his past struggles with addiction to heroin
    • He leaves behind his 11-year-old daughter, Ariane, and was married twice to Ottavia Busia and Nancy Putkoski
    • Bourdain most recently dated actress Asia Argento, who is one of Harvey Weinstein's accusers
    • It's unclear if they were still together, as Argento was pictured embracing journalist Hugo Clement this week
    • Last week, Bourdain bought a painting with the ominous title 'The sky is falling, I am learning to live with it'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5821039/Anthony-Bourdain-died-suicide-age-61.html

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I actually caught the show with Obama.
    Two men very alike each other, personality wise.(Obama has more of a dry wit, however, Tony is (was) a bit more serious).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Presidents ^,
    chefs and celebrities respond..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last photo of him in Paris taken the other day..

45,000 people committed suicide last year. That's staggering.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

It's always the ones you least expect. ALWAYS! This is why communication and interaction with love and engagement is important. When people want to create an environment where you are afraid to open up to others you are left in the dark of how people truly feel. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

5. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

RIP...not suicide...Someone is randomly killing celebrities and making it look like suicide by hanging...i.e. David Carradine...

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Very sad indeed. Loved his show

7. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Saw the honors and remembrance by CNN from Friday to today. They did a excellent job. I saw on You tube his early episode of him in Wilson NC.