Any Good Documentaries

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by wtarshi, Jul 16, 2010.

1. LA

LA Well-Known Member

"This video contains content from BBC Worldwide, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

I've seen a few of those videos already.

2. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

trust the bbc...!!! which ones have you seen...???

3. Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano Moderator

This documentary makes Scarface, Miami Vice and New Jack City look like "Disneyland".

[​IMG]
    [youtube]0sJiBoqH1Yg[/youtube]

It's as graphic and as grimey as it gets.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

hell i need to watch this stuff for

ive been exposed to it my whole life

:p

i dont need another reminder that my black ass would have to stay around the brothas in lock up, or that snitching in Philly is a one-way ticket to exile.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

dayum...i need to check that out...

anytime you got a 'GodMother' and no godfather, you know shit is raw

but yo, that cocaine stuff is the truth...Michael Irvin was a known snorter, lol

6. wtarshi

but you've turned out just fine :D

7. interrachel

interrachel New Member

VBS did a docu about IR swinging. (NSFW)

VBS travels to Tampa, Florida – home of America’s fastest growing fetish: interracial swinging. It’s a scene run by a mysterious gangbang crew known as The Florida Mandingos.

Our guide is Art Hammer, the founder of the Florida Mandingos, a group of “discreet, professional, educated, intelligent, physically fit, drug and disease free, well-hung black gentlemen, age 24-45, that specialize in hot, intense, nasty gangbangs for couples/females who love big black dicks and black dick fantasies!”

VBS follows Art on a road trip leading up to a ‘Hot Chocolate’ party he’s hosting at a purpose built sex bungalow called the Shangri Lust. Along the way we meet the key players who make up the lifestyle: the insatiable wives and their cuckolded white husbands obsessed with sex with black men, and Art’s A-team, the crème de la crème of the Mandingos.

http://www.vbs.tv/nl-nl/watch/sex--2/mandingo-full-length--2

8. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

I watched one a little while ago on Channel 4 Dispatches which was quite shocking, about domestic workers brought into Britain by Diplomats/high profile society and there lack of rights, they have no independent immigration they rely on the family/people they came with.
    It's really shocking, made me so sad.
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/dispatches/episode-guide/series-69/episode-1

Then a follow up true story to the above, prepare for tears:(

I am Slave
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/i-am-slave

This one is from ages ago its called Sisters in law, it's all about Womens struggles to uphold the law in Cameroon, ie a woman divorcing her husband for beating her and the fact that he openly has other women as his wife.
    The struggle she has at the all male hearing is amazing and I only think she got the decent outcome because the cameras from Britain were there.

Heres a clip of it from Youtube can't find the whole doc.
    [YOUTUBE]ejNuLtB7I1A[/YOUTUBE]

9. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [YOUTUBE]WAyHIOg5aHk[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]
    [YOUTUBE]xa3wyaEe9vE[/YOUTUBE]

10. This show is spectacular. Highly recommended.

11. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

12. JonyLeaber

JonyLeaber Restricted

Check out the Military Channel. They have documentaries about military aircraft and also different battles in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and even Operation Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom. PBS has good ones along with The Discovery Channel. Check out the footage on The Battle of Midway. One of my favorite parts of my U.S. Air Force job was being on the flight line sitting in the old "cracker box" style ambulance watching B-52's take off and land. B-52 Strato fortress are 159 feet long and have a wingspan
    of 185 feet (over half a football field). The wingspan is so great that they have landing gear on their wingtips. They look like birds (literally) when they take off. The B-52 has been in active service for over 50 years and still are today. Best of luck.

13. z

z Well-Known Member

Great suggestions everyone, will check some of them when I get a chance.

14. wtarshi

just finished watching another fantastic louis theroux doco's about the westboro baptist church - the most hated family in crisis. highly recommend it, though the level of their stupidity got me boiling mad...

[YOUTUBE]ticxD0GfewA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]6Rxs1TXDVgU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]0gXSlZ45GX4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_PbbL0TkMSw[/YOUTUBE]

15. karmacoma.

karmacoma. Well-Known Member

Recently watched "Inside Job" and "Capitalism: A Love Story." Too bad American network TV doesn't show docs like these, people need to see them.

16. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

KC,Inside Job also won a Oscar for Best Documentary.

17. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Tarshib,had you seen the TV special called 50 Documentaries to see Before You Die? If not I will link you the info.

18. wtarshi

hey soul, haven't seen that at all. would appreciate the link:mrgreen:

19. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

500 Years Later is one of my favorite documentaries.

Edit: I was off 100 years.

20. satyr

satyr New Member

Anything by Errol Morris.