Apple or Android?

Discussion in 'Science, Technology, and Green Energy' started by Nikkers, Aug 13, 2013.

1. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Does that have the wireless charging? I'm an Apple girl every day of the week but that wireless charging thing looked crazy convenient.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So you dropped like 1k on this shit? Wow

3. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yeah, the wireless charger is nice. It works even when the phone is in a protective case.

LOL @ 1K. I got the watch on sale for $275 at Best Buy, and I paid $50 for the wireless charger.

My contract was up and I had like four years of points saved up on my account, so I only had to pay about $70 out of pocket for the phone with a new contract.

4. The Dark King

I don't do contracts so I usually pay full price for phones which is why I usually get the best software I can get. The hardware is cool but not mac notebook cool lol.
    Great deal fam

5. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I still have my S5 and I'm not due for an upgrade until next year at the earliest. Part of the reason that I probably won't get a Samsung phone again is because they took out both of those features, which I've gotten used to over the years. Do you miss the replaceable battery and the expandable storage at all?

6. The Dark King

They got rid of that? Wtf?
    Well guess another android platform it is fuck those guys

7. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Why don't you do contracts? You just don't want the commitment? Do you pay as you go? I've never done that but I feel like I'd pay more just because I use my phone 24/7, for everything ya know?

8. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

The inability to replace the battery could be an issue if it goes bad. We'll see how that plays out. I pay a monthly fee for a service plan with my carrier. If the phone has a serious defect, they'll give me a new one.

The lack of expandable storage is a non-issue IMO. On my last two phones (S4 and Droid X2), I never had a reason to remove the memory card after I put it in. When I transfer files to my phones, I either connect them directly to my computers or use online cloud storage accounts like Dropbox and Google Drive.

I have a 64 gigabyte model, which translates to 50 gigs of useable memory not counting the space taken up by the OS and my apps. That's more than enough for me.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I do the usual pay per month with no commitment. around $30 a month for everything...

10. The Dark King

It gives me leverage if shit isn't to my liking. Nothing keeping me there except my will. It's a totally different customer service experience.

11. Since1980

Yep, the S6 went the iPhone route and got rid of the removable battery and the expandable storage, and they also got rid of the USB 3.0 connection which seems like a pretty big step back to me. I haven't seen any information as to whether they plan on continuing trend with the Note 5 or the S7 but if that's still the case when it's time for me to upgrade, this will be the last Galaxy phone I buy. Plus I have enough spare batteries to last me at least another two years and a 128GB micro SD card

Memory is my main concern. I take a ton of pictures whenever I travel so for me an external SD card is a great thing to have. On the other hand more internal storage means more apps can be sold, so that's always a good thing from Google's perspective.

12. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Not to go off-topic but 1980 --is your signature quoiting a client? We gotta hear that story. lol

13. Since1980

Oh no, it's from this lady:

[​IMG]

http://gawker.com/very-angry-lady-writes-thoroughly-enjoyable-fuck-you-1699843676

The entire brief is just the absolute best thing there is.

14. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

sweet reading brief now