Are Black Women generally jealous of white women?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Elklodge, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Liquid Swords

Liquid Swords New Member

Lol, yeah. I don't really have a problem with it that much. It's just boring. I like the remix concept, very cool ;).
    You're right, I don't have experience with American black women. All the black women I'm friends with or know are African so it's probably different over there.

2. alli

alli New Member

Ok, I'm still not convinced that the black women who have a problem with white women and black men together are jealous of white women. I think they are annoyed. Unless they can't get a man at all, then there may be some jealousy. But seriously? What woman can't get a man?

Anyway, I'm going to remix this another way cause I have a question. Look for the spin-off.

3. Persephone

Persephone New Member

Frankly, good men of any race seem to be a scarce commodity. I've met so many douche bags of all colours.

As for the thread...the problem started with the title and the inclusion of the word "generally". Anyone can only judge from their personal experience. Mine has been that the vast majority of black women I've met have no problem with the fact that I date black men. I've met a few that do, though. My boyfriend's aunt despises the fact that he chose a white girl. Apparently a cousin of his has also expressed slight distaste for it, though I can only go on his word for that one since I've not met the girl myself yet. His mother, however, is one of the sweetest women I've ever met and has no problem with my skin colour, and also seems quite excited that I'm having her another grandchild. Two of my best friends are black girls, twins. One dates black guys, the other dates white guys, and neither has a hang up about who the fuck anyone else dates because it doesn't have any bearing on their lives and they're smart enough to realize it.

Some people will always have problems with what other people do. It's as simple as that. But the key word there is some. Generalizations get messy, because the people who do not fall under the category get offended because they feel they are being labeled due to the personal opinions of others who happen to fall into their similar group.

There's no point agonizing over it, though. The only people's opinions who matter are those close to you. Now if in your family the overwhelming majority of black women do have a problem with who you date I can see how it could be a problem, just as in my family the majority are completely unhappy with my own dating choices. But family is the only time it should affect you, because if it's just people you're randomly meeting then fuck those haters. They don't have any affect on your life. If it's your friends then you obviously need new friends. I'm of the belief that even if it's you family the problem can be rectified by simply avoiding those people. Surrounding oneself with the negativity of others just drags you down. Dwelling on things you cannot change drags you down. If there are haters in your life just move on and find people who are a better, more positive influence on your existence and stop whining about the people you cannot change, simple as that.

It's annoying. I can't deny that. I've gotten some evil looks before, when I'm out with my boyfriend. But those people don't know me, and by instantly judging me they lost the oppourtunity to ever actually find out who I am as a person. Their loss, not mine. The family members I and my boyfriend have who choose to alienate us because of their stupid, biased opinions are only hurting themselves, because they're losing pieces of their family over their own ignorance. Their loss, not ours.

4. Max Mosley

Max Mosley Well-Known Member

Sometimes generalizations are true, sometimes they arent. I think its naive to say all groups of people whether culturally or otherise all display the same characteristics in given situations. This planet is not as homogeneous as some would like to believe it is.

5. malikom

malikom Banned

Are Black men generally jealous of white men? lol

Ive met a few brothers in the past who would say stuff that seemed like jealousy to me,but it was on the basis of power.They'd be "Jealous" of the white mans privileged.Thats it though.