Art Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Tamstrong, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Dale Chihuly Glass Art

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

^^Gorgeous pieces, Ra-Ra...love his work!

[​IMG]

3. Tamstrong

4. Tamstrong

Hey, Daddy Ra! :smt006

I read your question in the comment section of my pin. The answer was no I hadn't, so I had to look for the unedited version of that piece...:smt023. I was thinking it'd be a nice addition to that thread you created for Pixie and me way back when. What do you think?

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

:p

You make it sound as if I painted the piece & want my permission to post it. I say go ahead, especially if you're thinking about possibly fully reviving that particular thread for regular postings. :smt023

6. Gemini74

Gemini74 Well-Known Member

phoenix out of ash. beautiful.

7. Tamstrong

No, Smarty Ra, that's not what I'm saying. :smt019

It's the opinion of another smartass friend of mine that the piece doesn't fit the site, and I was wondering if you thought it did. I think it fits the IR category just fine, but not being the expert on Egyptian mythology that you are, I wasn't familiar with the story behind the image.

I'd love to revive that thread if we can fill it with quality images (I do have a few in my collection ;) ). As you are well aware, not everyone understands the difference between sensual and skanky.

I dug up the thread, and the original image isn't there any more, so it needs to be reposted. It was by Luis Royo, right?

Glad you like it, Gem. It's a beautiful and powerful piece. :smt023

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Quit teasing with the tongue. You like smartass anyway. :p :freehug:

As to the piece in question, other than the fact that they are anthropomorphic characters from Egyptian mythology, I don't see how it doesn't fit the nature of the IR category considering Sekhmet in the piece is fair of skinned & Anubis is dark skinned, never mind that posters here have put up pics of actual animals with white & black fur or skin to represent IR on numerous occasions. And "yes" some people can't tell the difference between sensual & as you say skanky.

Yes the piece was by Luis Royo, but may have been a one off or altered (at least the original pic that I posted in the thread may have been) because the pic seems to be a black & white painting when I have seen it in subsequent viewings since that initial finding & posting. May be why it's no longer in the thread because it's not the authentic version of the piece. :smt102 The guy still appears to be black, but not as dark as in the version that I initially came across back at the time. And "no" I don't have the copy I originally posted as the laptop I had at that time is now junk & I've been using a completely different laptop for quite sometime.

9. Tamstrong

Teasing is all I have since you won't let me do anything else with it. :p

You're right, I do like smartass (after all I am one); that's why you and I get along so well. ;) :smt058

I'll get to work on reviving the thread then and get that piece posted. I didn't figure you still had the pic from the post, but I did find one copy of it I'll repost for you. Thanks for pinning that pic and telling me about the unedited version. Much appreciated. :freehug:

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

11. Tamstrong

^^Great post, Ra-Ra!

[HDYT]6yVhTyPaaLQ[/HDYT]

12. Tamstrong

Water balloon art...

[​IMG]

13. Tamstrong