Atheism

Discussion in 'Religion, Spirituality and Philosophy' started by goggleyes, Oct 25, 2012.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

There is definitely a psychological impact on the worshipper of the deification of any race or racial imagery. That, coupled with the problem or representing someone as near-Scandinavian in a region where the people range from Southern Italian to Ethiopian, is problematic.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

When I studied art history I noticed that in Islam they put emphasis on words and banned pictures for that very reason, they used words as art and found beauty in them. People who pushed Christianity knew exactly what they were doing in terms of psychological impact with pictures. I don't subscribe to any religion just my unbiased observation.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Empire of Constantine "the great" who was the one to legalize Christianity. He had the economic might of the seas but I'm sure he had nothing to do with any of it. LOL. People were able to magically avoid his power and influence.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware of this guy, now I'm instantly interested in all of his work upon finding out that he is an entertainer and writer.

I can't tell you how refreshing that interview was! I'll try tho.....

Imagine a spring morning breeze after good sex and a shower, you are walking through a quiet park alone with a buzz wearing nothing but light shorts and flip flops with a cup of coffee during the sunrise. Not a person in sight. There is a river along the edge of the park. You hear the gentle waters, the birds chirping......you see the crickets dancing and smell the subtle aroma of the spring flowers in the breeze.

Something like that. Lol.

8. meowkittenmeow

[​IMG]

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

As more time goes on especially after this corona stuff the more I think I'm going to skip the kids stage. I think it's better If I do.

At this point I think all I need is a comfortable retirement in where I can enjoy nature, a hobby shop, peace of mind and eventually a peaceful death. With or without an SO.

The human race is going to eventually end anyway. I'm not compelled to help kick the can down the road thereby putting off the inevitable. Enjoying my time while I'm here is enough for me.

10. meowkittenmeow

An enlightened man. Accepting the things you can and cannot change and carving out a life for yourself is the best path. The focus you will have will provide you with success and new experiences. Live your life instead of living it for imaginary beings, archaic pairings like marriage, or for children that you don’t currently have and may never have. It’s all just a circle jerk at beating the odds. As a scientist, you know that trying to have children is just trying to keep yourself in the gene pool and the illusion of immortality.

I’m proud of you man.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I appreciate that brother. The more I let go the more I gain in mental growth and overall well being. Also the more I grow mentally the more I enjoy life and appreciate the knowledge and good health that I have.

The bolded is very real.

12. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I can't believe this thread has been here this whole time and I ain't even posted yet.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

In my quest to find another country I'm going to start with the most important aspect which is secularism, so that's why I chose to post the info here. Also secularist value science more so that works out for me economically as well, two birds with one stone. I will also be looking at the political climate overall, which will of course be better than the states due to their secularism. Three birds with one stone. Therefore this is the best place to post the info. No plans to move anytime soon, this will be a slow careful process.

I'll continue to invest in the US. That's about the only thing this place is good for anymore. I'll just view it as a corporation.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/least-religious-countries
    upload_2020-8-17_14-25-26.png
    I can see now that I'm gonna be cold unless I move to Australia. Fuck it, I'll just deal with it.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Europe quick Analysis

France
    UK
    Germany
    Denmark
    Sweden
    Finland
    Belgium
    Estonia
    Austria
    Czech Republic
    Switzerland

I'm adding these too they aren't bad at all but not quite like the main group:
    Norway
    Bulgaria
    Netherlands
    Hungary

That's 15

Then if you add Canada and Australia there is a good variety to choose from.
    The world looks better already.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Estonia
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Austria

ooooohh weee!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Czech Republic!!
    It would be great to be in a country not involved with world politics. Live and die. The world will continue without you. No need to be concerned with it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]