Atlanta on FX.......!

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by andreboba, Sep 7, 2016.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

It's not a favor to be a part of a respectable diversity. It's a favor if it's tokenism.

2. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Watched it, series looks pretty promising so far. Not the fond of Glovers comedy style but I'll just have to adapt.

3. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Can I say how much I loved episode 4? Really touched my heart at the end when the guy gave up his phone.. Paper boy realized not to deal with clowns. waste of time.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The show has already been green lit for a second season.

5. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I agree, to a point. There are certain plots where a person of color is out of place, like Lord of the Rings, because it's explicitly built around an imaginary Norse/Celt ur-mythology. The only reference to darker peoples is the mention that Sauron has corrupted other ethnic groups to the south to fight for his cause. In the films they are represented as Haradrim and appear to be Arab or African.

6. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Liking the show so far it has that Aaron McGruder vibe.

7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

But that's my point. It's fantasy. There are no rules. A story could be based literally on anything. So I think it means something when virtually every writer's fantasy marginalizes or excludes people of color.

8. archangel

lol there have been jokes on how one can suspend reality with elves and wizards but yet having a black person is too far. lmao:smt005

9. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

So, they wrote Justin Beiber into last week's episode as an obnoxious young Black dude??

Perfect.lol

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

"Atlanta" won a Golden Globe Award for best sitcom & Donald Glover won a Golden Globe Award best Lead actor in a sitcom:

11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Robbin' Season is coming...

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Anyone else catch the Season Two premiere?

14. archangel

yup katt williams can run!

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Get that Donald Glover & Jordan Peele horror movie collabo "Florida Man" going.....