Best Colleges for 'Interracial' Hookups

Discussion in 'How To Meet White Women and Black Men' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Shaft

Shaft New Member

Can Anyone Tell Me Something About This University?

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if someone could tell me if they think there's some kind of hidden policy against interracial dating and interracial relationships in Pennsylvania Catholic universities? I attended Saint Joseph's University as an undergraduate student, a great university with wonderful professors and great academic programs. However, as far as I could tell, there was barely any or pretty much no interracial dating between black men and white women on that campus. I remember taking groups of prospective white female students on campus tours, and the fierce looks and stares I kept receiving both from older white men and women and even younger white males and females was unbelievable. And this was just walking with white females.

A friend of mine who still attends that university says not much has changed at all in that domain even now, and that as one of the few, black males on the school's campus, he constantly feels like the only tree in huge garden because most of the white students there tend to seem to keep to themselves and socialize almost exclusively with each other. He said most white female students there are either scared of black men or just don't see a reason to give them the time of day.

This seems to be so much in contrast with the atmosphere at other Philadelphia-based universities such as UPenn, etc.

2. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

Wow, these anti-IR city stories are poppin' up EVERYWHERE in here, and funny thing too, since I see more and more black male/white female couples whenever I'm out and about, in my daily life.

3. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Something About This University?

You need to go to some spots where the opposite extreme is the norm: Sweden, Vancouver & Australia.

The Kid Rasta 8)

4. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

shaft: at the Philadelphia Catholic colleges and Universities, like St joe's; the white students are made up of working class ethnic whites from largely Irish and Italian backgrounds. As you know living in Philly, it is a segregated city with Irish in one hood, jews in another, blacks in another, italians in another, chinese in another, etc. The working class whites in this city, just as it is in Boston, Chicago, New York(go to Bensonhurst and see what I am talking about) are very very racist and hostile to black and hispanics. the neo nazis and kkk recruit in these neigbhorhoods because they know there is so much racism there. that is why in places like philly, boston, nyc and chicago, the cops are mainly Irish or Italian and very very hostile to the blck community. they are the parents and family members of those working class white kids at st joes and they teach them to be seperate from black people, esp black men. This is nothing new.

5. Shaft

Shaft New Member

Tucker, thanks so much. Your post has clearly explained everything to me. Now I can better understand the hostility toward black males from white students at universities like St. Joe's. I'm wondering, though... if most students who attend a school like St. Joe's come from working-class white families, that's quite interesting because they all seem to be pretty well-off. All you need to do is see the endless lines of expensive cars parked outisde St. Joe's during regular semesters-fall and spring. You'll see fresh, new BMWs, Jeep Wranglers, Chryslers, etc., plus their parents are able to pay for their room and board...I'm talking about $18,000 or more. St. Joe's is an expensive university. The white students (at least from when I was t here) appeared to be pretty spoiled. That's why I just never bothered trying to make any advances on the white female students there. I just didn't want to keep dealing with those hostile looks on a daily basis. Seeing a black male walking with a white female is pretty rare on there.

Furthermore, the white female students who might be interested in black male students are of course scared to act on their feelings because of the pressure. The vibe I used to get (and my friend there still does get it as well now) is that most of the white students there seem to look at many black students as if you got into the school primarily via Affirmative Action and not on your own individual skills and merit. The worst nightmare to racist, white male students at such Catholic universities are black men like me who dress professionally, speak good English and are intelligent. You'll see how much they would bludh if they saw you walking with a white woman. It's a shame.

6. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

well working class mentality then. the urban catholic idea is that black and browns are poor, and not someone you wish to date or marry. also, the ethnic whites view blacks as lower than they are. NOT all mind you but alot. I thought the northeast whites and catholics would be better than white protestant southerners and I have found having lived her almost 10 years that they are not.

alot of these kids may drive fancy cars, but more than 50% are on financial aid, that doesnt say Rich to me. I went to an Ivy League college and that was rich beyond belief. think UPenn compared to St Joes, no comparison.

7. Shaft

Shaft New Member

Your feedback is really being helpful to me, Tucker. It definitely helps explain why for example, a white male (like the man I mentioned in one of my previous posts) wouldn't want to hire me even if I fit the qualifications for a job opening to the letter. I have to be honest. I really admire African-American men for continuing to hang in there and staying calm and not going crazy in spite of how unfairly the black male is treated in America. The black man just can't win. I'm certainly not a confrontational black man and I'm a law-abiding citizen, but of course, I too have had my own experience being pulled over by the police, two days in a row in the same week. The first time, I was making a right turn at a stop sign and the police cruiser was far away from me. Yet I got pulled over "for not respecting the fact that they had the right of way." So there I was driving, and I looked in my rear view mirror and saw this police cruiser with flashing lights and I wondered why in the hell I was being pulled over.

They came out of their cruiser, one to my left, the other to my right, their hands ready to pull out their guns, as if ready to arrest a fugitive. Then they asked me for my driver's license and registration. When they didn't find anything wrong, they gave it back to me and said: "Ok. Be careful next time." That was on City Line.

The second time around, I just made it through a yellow light and was pulled over to the parking lot at a nearby 7-Eleven as if I had ran a red light. Once again, I was asked to show my license and registration.

This topic is bringing so many memories. Even when I moved into the current suburb where I live, my new neighbors called the cops because we moved in late at night (10 p.m. or so) via a UHaul truck. Two, armed cops, one white male and the other female, came out of a police cruiser and asked if we were moving in or moving out. When we told them we were moving in, they said to us: "Well, you have to understand that you have concerned neighbors."

Throughout that week, a police cruiser watched us from a distance. We were the first black family to move in on our block. One afternoon three years later, I got off the train after returning home from school. I noticed a young white teenager, female, (at that time I was a sophomore in college) walking ahead of me. She noticed me walking behind her, and even though I was several feet away, I noticed she was uncomfortable and nervous because she kept looking over her shoulder and walking very fast to keep a wider distance between us. I too made sure to stay safely far behind her so as not to get into any unnecessary situation.

Two days later, I ran into the same girl, but in a reverse situation. This time, I was ahead of her and she was walking behind me. I too began walking very fast to keep a safe distance between us. I increased my steps. She eventually caught up with me. She asked me if I lived in the neighborhood and told me most blacks usually live in the city and most of them are very mean. After I told her that I lived in the same neighborhood, she then asked me if I attended a community college. I said "no," and told her that I went to an accredited university. We had a good conversation and she began to feel more comfortable as we walked, although I noticed so many motorists staring at us from their cars as they drove by.

Eventually, we arrived in front of her house, which was just a few blocks away from mine. There, her father sat on the front porch smoking. As soon as he saw me with his daughter, his face quickly turned red. He actually took his cigarette out and threw it on their lawn. I could tell he wasn't pleased. The next few times I saw the girl, a white lady driving a black car began picking her up from the train station. After that, I never saw her again.

I think I'm beginning to see just how some folks tend to think in the suburbs, as my neighbor and his wife (who moved in three years ago) just got a baby girl. I guess eventually as she grows up, they would start thinking about what good schools to send her to and might be worried about her socializing with black males, for her own protection. It also seems to me (and I may be wrong) that many white kids raised in the suburbs are very sheltered and haven't had much exposure to minorities through much of their lives.

I guess I can see why a racist would feel drawn to become a police officer. They must have such a high putting cuffs on black people's hands. I even heard that many hate groups have begun infiltrating the U.S. military. Sometimes I wonder if there isn't some kind of secret conspiracy by racists to put as many black men in prison as possible. And of course, to many racist white families, we're never good enough for their daughters unless we are star models, actors or athletes.

8. Shaft

Shaft New Member

Another point I forgot to make about why I admire the strength of African-American men in this country and their resilience. I know just how much pressure is involved when you're the only black employee, especially a black male, in a corporate office. I have worked in two, such offices. Although nothing is officially said by your co-workers in that regard, it feels as if you're always on display. You have to work faster, be more professional, speak much more refined, etc. than almost everyone who works with you. If you make mistakes (which is normal and expected of every employee) some would see that as further reason to say behind your back: "You see? We told you. You go hire a black person and things start going down the drains. Then they say we don't want to give them jobs."

In addition to that, I have also met a few black women who simply thought I didn't deserve to be hired because I am originally from a foreign country. In one of the offices where I worked, two of the only other black employees were not among the editorial board or writing staff, but were receptionists. Throughout much of my time there, one of them was consistently harsh, cold and distant with me than with the white co-workers once she found out I was African. She would greet everyone else but me, etc., so I decided to stop saying hello to her and I began ignoring her. Eventually, her conscience started to trouble her and she started trying to get a bit closer to me. I found out I was the only black employee they'd ever had on their corporate staff.

I really can't understand (and I'm sure I never will) the reason for this amazing degree of hatred in the white man's heart. Even when interracial dating is concerned, any other race of men seem more acceptable to get with a white woman than a black man. And when it comes to fitting in/blending in within corporte America, things seem much more easier for black women than us. The black man just can't ever win.

9. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

as a black man i cant say that I share your experiences even in racist philly. though I know that it happens. i guess cause i live in Chestnut Hill and only hang there and CC. and the Mainline. I never had problems with police.

but i will tell you that i see the hostility of the catholic white working class and poor as well as middle class against blacks. they are usually not well educated, usually first generation to go to college, so their parents are really ignorant and give them false sense of hate for blacks.

i have experienced lots of so call liberal democratic whites in this city who think every black person who went to college must have done so on Affirmative Action. when i tell them, my parents paid 40k out of pocket each year for 4 years and that I refuse any job that is an AA job, they are like, whhhhhaaaaa!!!!! thats why i quit voting for the liberals, because of living in a big american city showed me who the real racists are.

10. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

it is funny because i teach sometimes at philly local universities and most of the white students are there on financial aid and most of the teachers got aid to go to university. So, I laugh because i realize that they cant look down on black folks when this black man didnt use others to go to college like they did.

11. LUCIFERMORNINGSTAR

LUCIFERMORNINGSTAR New Member

Seems to reflect nature...keep out "alien" males who may end up taking the females. Lotta envy and fear there.

Seems these males are still very in touch with their inner animal. I guess living in the cold north, and having to survive there can do that to you. One views everything as something to be exploited and controlled, and...or destroyed. Hell, look at the planet after they came on the scene.

They're not very...human most times.

I sometimes think this planet is some great, big petri dish...perhaps even a joke, for some cosmic scientist to see if these males will cause us (and them) to evovle...or if we'll devolve and end up like them and nuke the human race into oblivion. Check out the situation in the so-called middle east (more accurately, Lower South West Asia).

But I'm not laughing.

12. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

Quote:

I guess I can see why a racist would feel drawn to become a police officer. They must have such a high putting cuffs on black people's hands. I even heard that many hate groups have begun infiltrating the U.S. military. Sometimes I wonder if there isn't some kind of secret conspiracy by racists to put as many black men in prison as possible. And of course, to many racist white families, we're never good enough for their daughters unless we are star models, actors or athletes.

Co-sign.

The Kid Rasta 8)

13. SardonicGenie

SardonicGenie New Member

Can't rule it out either...

14. Seychelles

Seychelles New Member

15. LUCIFERMORNINGSTAR

LUCIFERMORNINGSTAR New Member

Even then, there's always a problem. I say don't sweat it and remember who you are. Be true to you. You must think more of yourself and stop to trying to please people.

16. Shaft

Shaft New Member

Tucker, I Need Your Advice

Thanks to you all for your feedback. It's really interesting to learn about your experiences and see that some of you have been through similar stuff. Tucker, I need your advice on something. I was wondering if you could please email me privately at: frank_thomas_19144@yahoo.com

17. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

what is it that you need help with bro?

18. GGIPunjab

GGIPunjab New Member

1 Australian National University (ANU)
    2 University of Sydney
    3 University of Queensland (UQ)
    4 University of New South Wales (UNSW)
    5 Monash University
    6 University of Auckland
    7 University of Western Australia (UWA)
    8 University of Adelaide
    9 University of Otago
    10 University of Canterbury
    11 Macquarie University
    12 RMIT University
    13 Victoria University of Wellington
    14 Flinders University
    15 University of Newcastle

19. desreveRsIgnitirW

desreveRsIgnitirW New Member

I see someone is promoting the land from down under.

20. Tirkah

Tirkah Active Member

Punjabi University, Patiala (India)