Bill Cosby Rape Accusations

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Nov 15, 2014.

1. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Dude I'm so happy you're happy. Hearing you talk about your cryptoshit is like hearing me talk about medicine. There's a passion there and it's worth the fight to remain in the field. Congrats on doing what you enjoy love. Most people are stuck in places they hate, too fearful to make any changes. I'm proud of, and incredibly happy for, you.

That was compete it off topic but I had to say it lol

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Trying to remember how it went down ..it was about 20-30 yrs ago...she reported the rape but n one believed her.

After america atarting to grow up...they
    re beginning to see whats up.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Thats good there boss.

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I'd like to think if I was a bigtime Black celeb/comedian/movie star in the '60s-'80s, I could get women to sleep with me and not be accused of rape.:smt018

Celebs who have multiple sexual assault allegations have a hard time having women tell them NO. Everyone gets rejected, no matter how rich or famous.
    You have to move on.

It's sad as fuck to hear about, but Cosby knew better.

I hate when some celebs are so 'public' about their lives because you still never really know who they are privately.

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Fucking cheerleaders

:p

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Smh guilty until proven innocent strikes again

As for multiple allegations....it's not hard to believe that a bunch of crackpots would rally together to target someone famous

Celebs have a huge bullseye on their backs and I wouldn't believe anything people say they've done to them without a thorough investigation and trial

7. RaiderLL

Lol you know me...only here for e dick:D

Bingo.

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's sad that a rape allegation alone can and generally always will sully a man's reputation, even if he hasn't been tried and convicted of rape

Just look at responses on this forum

People are acting like he's already been thrown in jail...which also doesn't mean shit sometimes...just look at how many people have been falsely convicted and set free

Attitudes need to change

9. RaiderLL

It's incredibly sad. Men's lives are ruined because of false allegations and true rape victims aren't believed off the bat because of the sorry excuses for women who've made false rape claims. Sad all the way around.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Tawana

Brawley

:rolleyes:

But yeah it's crazy tho because many women have been raped but people look at them with skepticism because of the false reports of rape

Do they even get sent to jail for making such life altering claims

11. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Yes, false allegations are a serious issue, BUT false rape accusations are not as commonplace as people think they are; only 2%-8% (the 8% source also included unproven cases, which don't necessarily equate to false allegations) of rape accusations are false. The perception that false allegations are more common than they actually are is even more harmful to actual rape victims, because it gives society yet another excuse (among a multitude of other excuses used) not to take rape (or its victims...whether they be women or men or children) as seriously as it should be taken.

The fucked up attitudes and misconceptions about rape and its victims are the primary reasons victims of rape aren't believed, and without a doubt a huge factor in why approximately 60% of rape victims don't report being raped.

As far as I know, proven false accusers don't typically do jail time even though they should. Like approximately 97% of rapists, they never spend a day in jail.

As for Cosby's guilt or innocence, we can only speculate.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I prefer to wait without casting judgement and ruining a life

And I'm all for justice of legit rape victims...I'm also for acknowledging and addressing false claims and seeing those responsible thrown under the jail, because whether we like it or not they do happen, as insignificant they may be in number, and ruin lives from start to finish

13. Tamstrong

Agreed.

14. RaiderLL

Unfortunately, the 2-8% of people reporting false rapes are enough to taint the majority of people's acceptance of legitimate rape victims claims. A few bad apples can truly ruin it for all.

As for the bolded above, I hold a lot of guilt for not having pressed charges against my rapist. I pray he hasn't done the same to someone else, but statistics say he probably has. There's a million reasons women don't report a rape, the fear of not being believed is just one. I understand the frustration of both rape victims and the wrongly accused. Very sad for everyone involved.

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Wait until I finish my edits

!!!!!

:p

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'm all for contracts and recorded sexual acts

Obviously

Lol

That way everyone's safe

17. RaiderLL

Mmm hmmm lol. I know that's why I always advocate the recording of sex acts ;) Purely for protection :D

Did I give you enough time for editing? :)

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's like some of my best ideas (at least they sound dope to me) come after I post a response

Wtf is up with my brain

But yeah to avoid any drama, I refuse to sleep with anyone lol

In fact I cut off my balls and secluded myself inside a monastery

It's the only way to be sure

19. Tamstrong

Yes, it definitely has an influence on how all rape accusations are looked at, especially when society is so damned determined to discredit rape victims. That shit just gives society something else to use as ammunition against rape victims, and it pisses me off.

I'm also guilty of not pressing charges on a rapist. I did initially report it to the campus police and went to the hospital, but after the way I was treated, I dropped the whole thing. It was a nightmare.

I also understand the frustration of true rape victims and the wrongly accused. What isn't understandable is the automatic assumption that most rape accusations are false, because it's not true the majority of the time. People who immediately make that assumption every time they hear about an instance of rape do a huge disservice to those who are telling the truth, and that attitude makes rape out to be a less serious issue than it really is. That is also very sad for everyone involved and for society as a whole.

That's what you get for being too slow, granny. :p

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Well you know if most rape accusations are presumed to be false (until you can prove otherwise), it's because of a little thing society has agreed upon which says 'innocent until proven guilty in a court of law'

It's not supposed to be the other way around, no matter how many people would like to see it go that way for their convenience