Bill Cosby Rape Accusations

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Nov 15, 2014.

1. z

z Well-Known Member

my sentiments exactly

[YOUTUBE]RI6z97Efw3I[/YOUTUBE]

But watching this clip made me very uncomfortable, almost as if he's hiding something

2. hellified

hellified Active Member

and this is what happens when one talks too much...cosby answered the question and should have just left it at that.

3. JamahlSharif

JamahlSharif Well-Known Member

I've already had my feelings of trepidation towards this man. They are now solidified.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

5. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

6. JamahlSharif

JamahlSharif Well-Known Member

7. hellified

hellified Active Member

trepidation about what? what exactly could a stand up comedian and comedy actor do that made you feel uneasy about him??

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Here's why I personally don't buy into that particular line of thinking when it comes to Bill Cosby:

1) He's rolling up on 80 years of age. If he were younger and actually making some serious power moves, especially in empowering & uniting people of color, maybe.

2) Bill Cosby has always been regarded as one of the "good negroes" among famous black people, which accounts for a lot of his success and longevity in showbiz. He has never been regarded as a trouble maker/race baiter ala Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. Just as many non black people, especially those invested in keeping the "White is Might, White is Right" status quo in America going were praising him for is comment about the black community as certain black folks. That's why you have not so friendly to black folks like Rush Limbaugh & white nationalist on racist site coming to his defense. If Bill Cosby was being vocal about many of the recent killings of unarmed black men & active rallying black folks to protest and take action in various ways, then I could buy into this being some big plot to take him down and ruin his rep.

9. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Good piece you sent Dark King. Meanwhile,in Paris Roman Polanski is directing a play with no drama whatsoever and Woody Allen,peforming,acting,or directing somewhere. Why their careers if there is such self righousness by some people in the media?

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

HD and RichardB,I heard him appearing on a NPR show today. No one mentioned that statement about Cos however.

11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Right! Polanski is a CONVICTED pedophile with an open warrant for his arrest, yet the entertainment industry trips over itself gushing about how great he is.

I've noticed something. How many of us guys grew up with old school, golden rule, do what's right no matter what, male father figures in the home? Not new school parents, but that old, "Do what I told you to do" no questions kind of guy.

Humor me and answer, please. I'm working on a theory about us black men. I'll let you guys know what I'm thinking when I get a few answers.

12. z

z Well-Known Member

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember when Woody Allen had an affair with Sun Ye Previn, the adopted daughter of Mia Farrow and composer/conductor Andre Previn(who was also a big shot in Hollywood whom Allen had both respected and feared), Mia was beside herself. Frank Sinatra, who had dated her heard about the scandal and asked if she'd like Woody's legs broken. Allen later married Previn when she became of age. Looking back some years ago, I had once recalled an interview where he talked about bisexuality. And in the film Manhattan(one of my favorite of his films), the love interests were the city of New York and Mariel Hemmingway who plays a 17 year old girl. I think Hollywood forgives the artist if their work is worth noting. This is the case of Roman Polanski, who has a warrant for his arrest in this country. So he is staying in Paris. Some in Hollywood have the sentiment that it is about their work and not about the artist and their problems. The decision is left to the audience because they decide whether or not the artist should stay or go.

14. The Dark King

Interesting pov. But aren't you a little suspicious of people who kept this to themselves for years but want to share this on camera?

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Money is the muzzle. No doubt, if this were true, I'd say they were paid a lot until they needed more but were let go or fired.

16. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I think money has a lot to do with why people are coming forward at a given time. I still think he may have done some of these, though, judging by the nearly identical stories.

17. The Dark King

It seems like we will never know. This is why its some important for victims to say something as soon as possible. Too much doubt now.

18. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I hope he didn't do it, but I have this sneaking suspicion... Well, you know what they say - if you live in a glass house...

19. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

My dorm mate in college was a nanny for Mia farrow...very interesting family dynamic

20. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

The conspiracy theories in this thread...smh.