Bill Cosby Rape Accusations

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

It honestly has nothing to do with the "innocent until proven guilty" premise. If that's what it was based on, the victims wouldn't be treated like criminals (or worse) for reporting their attackers. And, if "innocent until proven guilty" was a factor in their thinking, they wouldn't be assuming the accuser to be guilty of falsely accusing someone until proven otherwise either.

The point is, rape isn't just a serious offense, it's an epidemic, and it should be taken much more seriously than it is.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Rape victims are treated like criminals?

When's the last time a rape victim got sent to jail for being a victim of a lie?

Something is off tho...quite a few women here have said they were raped

It's truly an epidemic

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

My two cents on the topic: I don't know if he's guilty of committing any rapes or not, but he seems to come off as having a guilty conscience about something, perhaps committing adultery. Why pay anyone hush money to keep quiet or to make something "go away" if you did nothing wrong. Doubly so if you have cultivated a reputation and image as Mr. All American Daddy & High Moral Values/Standards. He's vocal about other Black folks behaving in a certain manner but wants to be hush hush about his own alleged suspect behavior?? Hmmmm.......

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

And mlk was a whore monger who expected higher levels of morality and civility from America

Some nerve, right?

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

MLK wasn't paying anyone to keep quiet about any of his alleged dirt.

So hot looking women get a pass on doing whatever fuckery they want with kids and well known black dudes who speak on the morality of others should not be wondered about or doubted in any way when their own morality is in question in some way......:smt023

6. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I will say this for Bill Cosby, I bet he paid some women not to talk about their relationship not because he was raping them but because he was probably married at the time and didn't want it to get out he was creeping.

It's wrong to assume just because Cosby paid a woman that he was trying to cover up a rape.

7. Tamstrong

Yes. Most of the time it's referred to as victim blaming, which is extremely common in rape cases.

I honestly don't know, but that doesn't mean it's never happened.

As I said in the previous post, if the "innocent until proven guilty" premise was a factor in their thinking, they wouldn't be assuming the accuser to be guilty of falsely accusing someone until proven otherwise either.

And yes, it truly is.

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

....with kids who admittedly wanted a piece of that biscuit......let's not twist shit

As for the cos.....well...

I respect what he tried to do.....I really do...like I said he was involved in a push to get more black kids into schools and off the corners here in philly

But this whole rape shit needs to be tackled head on like any G would

If he did rape these women....I'll be the first one taking a swing at him with a bat

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Innocent until proven guilty applies to suspects

Sorry hun

If people automatically assumed victims were telling the truth then the justice system would be even more fucked up than it already is

10. Tamstrong

Yeah, the hush money no doubt makes him looks guilty of something. I think that you & Andre are on the right track with the possible adultry scenario. He definitely wouldn't want that tarnishing his wholesome & upright image.

Like I said before though, we can only speculate. Since we don't know what really happened between him & his accusers, it would be unfair to assume guilt or innocence on either side.

Summed it up nicely there, Ra-Ra. :smt023

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Keyword: KIDS. When the fuck did it become okay to let kids dictate what the is right when they are engaged in totally selfish behavior?

And "YES" Cosby should be speaking up for himself if he didn't commit rape. If he slept around on his wife and they have made peace with each other about the shit and are still together what is the problem? Admit that shit publicy and move the fuck on. Trying to play Petter Perfect is going to end up biting him in the ass IMO.

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Basically

But...you know...if she said he raped her it must be true and he must be guilty

Who the fuck needs evidence or a trial

Take him out back and stone him to death

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I bet ur a fan of 16 year old kids being able to consent to sex in some states

/sarcasm

14. Tamstrong

"Sorry hun" yourself. You either just don't get it, or you're being your usual ornery self. lol

The principle still applies. It's hypocritical to apply that thinking to one and not the other. The point is, all reports of crime need to be taken seriously, and often rape victims aren't taken seriously at all. Even when there's overwhelming evidence, rape victims are treated like they are the ones who did something wrong. It may not happen as often as it does with sexual assault, but victims of other crimes aren't always taken as seriously as they should be either.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yep. Just like I'm a fan of hot chicks having sex with farm animals. Nothing like being a dude that has no problems with possibly having the sloppy seconds of an actual goat or horse or bull.........

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Would be nice if you provided links but I'll just google myself

I do know for a fact that people have been going to jail in cases involving a lack of evidence

Crying shame

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

18. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It's weird to hear rape isn't taken seriously when every place I've worked makes men take a leave of absence when they investigate sexual harassment accusations. I'm not denying anyone's personal experience it's just weird to hear when everything in society suggests otherwise.
    I distinctly remember getting into an argument with an ex in public in my early 20s. No one even asked what happened the minute she started crying everyone was on her side. It's hard to believe when going through something like that that people just dismiss a woman's claim unless the dude is famous.

Personally I think Cosby paid them off because he slept them with them and didn't want to tarnish his image and when you've lied for literally decades I think its hard to admit it to the whole world.

19. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

I agree, the charges are particularly ugly for a senior icon like Cosby. ....sometimes youth indiscretions take years before coming back to haunt you. .......though How ironic is it that your designated house slaves Clarence Thomas and Thomas Sowell have been faithful men to their wives over a similar period with not even a single rumor of any impropriety. ....

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Here we go......