Bill Cosby Rape Accusations

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Per the bolded part above, there was some outcry of false accusations for financial gain, from the article below....

"A veteran Los Angeles attorney who has worked on over 100 clergy abuse cases recently declared:

"One retired F.B.I. agent who worked with me to investigate many claims in the Clergy Cases told me, in his opinion, about ONE-HALF of the claims made in the Clergy Cases were either entirely false or so greatly exaggerated that the truth would not have supported a prosecutable claim for childhood sexual abuse."

http://www.themediareport.com/2013/11/26/false-accusations-catholic-priests/

2. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I stand corrected!

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The thing is, which l took from Since's original statement, is the constant public and vigorous accusations against Bill's accusers..

It even mentions (the lack of it) in the first paragraph...

It is an alarming and incontrovertible fact: False abuse accusations against Catholic priests, which have always been present, are on the rise. The mainstream media rarely runs stories about false accusations, and there are groups – especially the anti-Catholic group SNAP – who are desperate to hide the shocking truth about false accusations from the public.

The silence was deafening.

4. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Yes, that's why I said, "some" outcry in my response. It is interesting to see the massive backlash against Cosby from some, and the targeting of those accusing Cosby from others.

I'm a fan of "The Nightly Show" and they go after Cosby every chance they get, and then you have people like Eddie Griffin who is speaking against the accusers per below. This trial will be a circus....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-successful-black-men-says-U-S-comedian.html

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I'm curious as a black man who grew up in this country you don't find it odd that he was getting away with this shit for over a decade before the Cosby show?

6. K

K Well-Known Member

I don't think you realize the level of fame and power this man had LONNNNNG before the Cosby show. I realize there's a whole generation who thinks that's what made him the man he is, but he had a very long highly successful career before that point.

It doesn't surprise me at all. I would agree that there were all sorts of crazy things going on during those times. Those who weren't living around it really have no idea. But, that doesn't excuse anything, the only thing that it may do is to show that things were looked at very differently. That doesn't mean the behavior was ok in any way though.

7. The Dark King

I hear you but the huge mental obstacle that I just can't get around is he was doing this to white women in the 60s and 70s. I have a very hard time getting my mind around him raping dozens of white women and everyone was ok with this. He's a black male during an era where we don't get the benefit of the doubt and when all it took was an accusation for you to lose your life let alone your freedom. All these people let him slide just cause he had fame and some money. To put it in perspective Kobe Bryant was accused of raping one white woman and it was all over the news to the point where he hasn't had an endorsement since yet Cosby is doing it a nearly every party he goes to, does it to nearly every young actress he comes across and everyone is silent. Even the cops ignore it? Since when do the police let black men of any caliber slide on anything?
    Just really hard to get pass that point.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Indeed, almost everyone l know has taken a position. My cousin in Australia is convinced he's innocent, so we debate on FB about it.

I read Eddie's opinion. Don't know where he gets every entertainer and athlete...thousands of successful BM athletes and entertainers live exemplary lives...

And the women are "bitches"?
    Top comment said he's as bright as Peter Griffin, which is about right.

9. K

K Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying. I just know in growing up (mostly) in California and being around some of the whole celebrity thing in my early life how things were. We aren't talking about him going and raping women and parties either. From what I have read/heard the situations were orchestrated by Cosby and he had others involved helping him to do whatever he wanted. This part doesn't surprise me at all either. There have been many people who benefited from his success and protecting whatever bizarre things he wanted to do. There is now talk about his wife having knowledge of many things, no surprise to me either. It's a different world that Cosby lived in....way beyond what most can even fathom.

Kobe's situation was very different....different time when women are listened to much more, etc. I don't think it's a good comparison. Maybe a better comparison is other things that were done in the same time period in the Church, and other places. People didn't speak up for many years. Maybe some even did say something but it was quickly pushed aside and dismissed.

As many have said, usually the victim thinks they are the only one. They are very scared, humiliated, and shattered in many different ways.

I really hope that because of many of these stories coming out the statute of limitations is lifted on this type of crime.

10. The Dark King

I hear you and you make a good point with the church its an institution and so is Cosby but I'm thinking pre Cosby show and I didn't know he was THAT famous to transcend race in a way where he was pretty much untouchable, I mean he raped the Incredible Hulk's wife for fuck sake and they let it slide.
    Just so weird that so many would keep their mouths shut and turn a blind eye for this long with multiple victims considering the racial thing. I know I harp on it a lot but when you read up the history of this country and even see how things are currently its incredibly hard to get your head around it. It's like hearing a muslim woman was going around raping muslim mean in Saudia Arabia. Just unfathomable

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

:smt017
    ln 2014 alone...The top of the NBA endorsement food chain is led by*LeBron James*and*Kobe Bryant. Both are global superstars who made $42 million and $34 million, respectively, last year from endorsements.

Not nearly every woman.
    60 Women.
    Many of the 60 were isolated during the assault
    Cosby had enablers.

Here, he can tell you how easy it was in 45 seconds...

[HDYT]JtZwL4c2JYA[/HDYT]

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JtZwL4c2JYA

12. The Dark King

Then he's the greatest serial rapist of all times.
    And I'm surprised about Kobe because I can't think of a single campaign I've seen him in since then.

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Not all were rapes.

According to Forbes, in 2015 Kobe made 29 million from endorsement deals. Nike is his biggest contract. Other deals include Turkish Air, Lenovo, Hublot and Panini for merchandise.

14. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I hear what you are saying here, which is why I look at this from a strictly legal perspective, not taking into account the he said/she said which could be debated forever because none of us were there in the rooms with Cosby and the women. Legally, Cosby admitted to buying illegal drugs for purposes of sex and he settled the civil suit with the same woman who is now bringing criminal charges, to me that is as close to finding him holding a smoking gun as it gets in these types of cases.

15. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

16. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I had the same thought. And folks wonder why women don't speak up when something like this happens. They don't get justice anyway.

17. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

"Originally Posted by Black Dragon [​IMG]
    He won't spend one minute in jail...

Expensive lawyers will gain an all black jury if it gets that far and gain an acquittal.

Remember OJ?"

Considering that Montgomery county PA is less than 10% African American, an all Black jury is highly unlikely, no matter how expensive the lawyers. As far as venue relocation, the prosecution would fight that tooth and nail, and most likely win imo.

If Cosby walks it will be due to the difficult factors facing the prosecution that I already stated, no physical evidence, accuser waited a year before reporting claim, the first DA declined to prosecute primarily because he did not find the witness credible due to what he claimed were multiple changing versions/details of the accusers account of what happened that night.

Unless the prosecution has compelling evidence that has yet to be disclosed to the public, creating reasonable doubt could well be an easy hurdle for the defense to clear. That being said, this is a celebrity criminal trial, emotions will be running high, media scrutiny will be at a fevered pitch, and that can lead to unpredictable results, OJ is a perfect example of that.

18. The Dark King

It really depends on the perp. But you're right conviction rates are low. I wonder why that is.

19. The Dark King

Yeah that's odd. He's definitely a creep but I still believe it was part of the party scene. I know it seems far fetched but I remember people who did coke or exctasy before having sex when I was younger. I can see how qualudes could be used as a party drug.

20. K

K Well-Known Member

They were a big party drug. But that doesn't mean he didn't rape them.