Bill Cosby Rape Accusations

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ra, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Maybe because it's hard to prove the sex wasn't consensual? Unless she sought medical attention right away, and there was evidence that pointed to forced sexual entry and emotional trauma and it was documented, how else could she prove she was raped? Plus, a lot of women don't speak out for fear that people won't believe them. So if there's no case, no conviction.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So then cameras everywhere?

3. The Dark King

And it also doesn't mean he did. See how we can go around circles here.
    Ever since the occidental rape case certain situations make it hard for me to believe rape occurred unless I personally know them. I know it's not fair but as a guy I hate the idea that something can consentual at first then days or weeks or months or years later not be consentual.

4. K

K Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying.

My understanding is that in several of these cases the women were either passed out for part or all of the incident. That in itself indicates they weren't capable to consent.

5. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

The difference between cocaine and quaaludes is that cocaine doesn't make you unconscious. There's a reason why Cosby "partied" the way that he did.

6. The Dark King

Is there. From what I read it wasn't unusable it was incredibly common

7. The Dark King

True I agree but now we get into the he said she said game.

8. K

K Well-Known Member

He's stated that he got qualudes to give to women for sex. I think that may be a really tough one to get past.

9. KWillo

KWillo Active Member

Plus, Cosby posted bail as soon as they put him in jail . It's kinda obvious he's gonna get off rather quickly at that.Not to mention, there's virtually no evidence to prove him guilty especially since these incidents happened years ago

10. The Dark King

His attorney addressed that on CNN the other night. She killed it. Anyone got the link?

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't know what to think of all of this but I don't buy the bs with the quaaludes. People commonly took that stuff to get high and party with like with ecstasy, LSD, pot, cocaine and alcohol. How many people use drugs like roofies for the same purpose?

12. Since1980

From drugs.com:
    If we're talking about drugs that people use at parties in the context of consensual sex, rohypnol is the last comparison that you want to make. It is literally nicknamed the "date rape drug."

Of the other drugs you mentioned, their main effects don't include rendering someone sedated/unconscious to the point where they give consent, although alcohol is similar.

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I was trying to show a contrast between roofies and quaaludes. Quaaludes being more like the party drugs, while the media or prosecution seems to be trying to liken it more too roofies.

In your response you seem to agree.

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Methaqualone is no longer prescribed by doctors but underground pharmacologists still make the pill for hipster pill poppers.

The high has been described as very similar to XTC without the hallucinogenic part.

Whether or not quaaludes makes someone unconscious all depends on the dosage, but people definitely used to take this drug for the 'high', just like people did when they abused valium.

Valley Of The Dolls was in many ways a chick-lit novel from the 1960s about getting high on prescription pills like valium and quaaludes.

15. Since1980

Oh, okay. Yeah I see where you're coming from now.

I think the issue is that not only was Cosby giving women enough to make them possibly lose consciousness and be unable to fight back, he did it without their knowledge. If you know you're about to take quaaludes (or E or oxy or anything else) and you're okay with that then that's one thing. From what the women describe about having no knowledge of being given those pills to begin with, it becomes something entirely different.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

OK I see your point. How did they know they were given quaaludes then? I haven't been following this closely, just trying to get some relevant details.

17. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Some of his accusers say that Cosby did indeed give them pills.
    Others allege he spiked their drinks and they later ended up unconscious.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Rich man, Movie Star, perks

Sooo..our then DA promised Bill that he will never face criminal charges for his crimes if he gave the civil deposition.
    He then made sure to inform the new DA in an e-mail to never charge Bill, as they had an "immunity arrangement"

An ex-prosecutor is expected to testify that he promised Bill Cosby would never be charged over a 2005 sex-assault complaint, but a judge must decide if that constitutes an immunity deal.
    Then-prosecutor Bruce Castor will be a key witness for the defense at a Feb. 2 hearing over what Cosby's lawyers have called a "non-prosecution agreement."

How nice of him.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...tify-for-Defense-in-Cosby-Case-365536861.html

19. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

don't know why they're wasting their time...

bill cosby will not spend one day in jail even if he is found guilty...

Too rich and too famous...

He'll probably get 3 years probation...

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

probably it will be easier to sue if he id fiund guilty