Black Football Player Marries White Woman w/ Racist Threats

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by Kid Rasta, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Kid Rasta

Kid Rasta Restricted

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I believe this has already been spoken of

3. 2legit

2legit Active Member

What part of Africa do couples jump over a broom.... Nigeria ?????

4. LaydeezmanCris

LaydeezmanCris New Member

Mainly Nigeria and other West African countries. My relatives did it too.

5. 2legit

2legit Active Member

Oh thanks bro, I was suspecting they do that in WA coz I've never seen or heard it being done elsewhere. C I learned something today :lol:

6. Ronja

Ronja New Member

:smt026
    Let me! Let me! I wanna do that!!!

Do you think they do it in Cameroon too?

:D

7. LaydeezmanCris

Since Cameroon is in West Africa, probably.

8. Ronja

Ronja New Member

Cameroon is considered to be Central Africa...

However, they still might have the broom-jumping, since it's next to Nigeria. I have to ask my boyfriend tonight. I doubt he'd do it though :)

9. LaydeezmanCris

Actually, it isn't geographically. Cameroon is bordered by Nigeria and the Bight of Bonny and the Bakassi Peninsula. There is an Eastern state of Nigeria called Akwa Ibom which borders Cameroon.

10. LUCIFERMORNINGSTAR

LUCIFERMORNINGSTAR New Member

HIJACK:

I went to secondary school at Federal Government College Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State.

11. LaydeezmanCris

Shit, you're kidding? I have a very good friend who lives in Chicago now that went there. What alumni are you part from?

12. Ronja

Ronja New Member

I know it borders to Nigeria. But it's still considered to be Central Africa :) The border have to be somewhere, and it happens to be between Nigeria and Cameroon.

Geographically I'd also disagree with you. Cameroon is one of the most central countries you'd find. At least in East-West direction.

I asked my boyfriend as well (as you might know he's Cameroonian), and he agrees with me. That's also why Cameroon is a part of the Central AFrican Union, and not the West African Union.

http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49regin.htm#ftna
    Middel/Central Africa is:
    Angola
    Cameroon
    Central African Republic
    Chad
    Congo
    Democratic Republic of the Congo
    Equatorial Guinea
    Gabon
    Sao Tome and Principe

West Arica is:
    Benin
    Burkina Faso
    Cape Verde
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Gambia
    Ghana
    Guinea
    Guinea-Bissau
    Liberia
    Mali
    Mauritania
    Niger
    Nigeria
    Saint Helena
    Senegal
    Sierra Leone
    Togo

So even UN agrees with me :D

13. LUCIFERMORNINGSTAR

LUCIFERMORNINGSTAR New Member

1993/94.

14. Soul_Brotha

Soul_Brotha New Member

I fail to see how Cameroon is considered central, especially since it use to be part Nigeria. If they never seperated, would Nigeria be central as well? I would say it's the last western nation. Any other african nation pass that would be considered central.

I'm also surprised your BF agrees. Every person I've met from Cameroon see themselves as west african. Also being part of a union doesn't mean much. For the right amount of money, Nigeria would join the middle east union. Doesn't mean they're located there.

But I see where you're coming from.

15. LaydeezmanCris

Ah, my friend was in the 1991-92 class. Was that the school you went to before you came over here?

16. Ronja

Ronja New Member

Not to be bitchy or anything, but acording to what I know, Cameroon has never been a part of Nigeria. :D

Cameroon was founded by the Germans, and later split into two by the English and French. English Cameroon was much smaller than French Cameroon, and was being administered from Nigeria. But it was never an actual part of Nigeria. Some smaller parts of the oil-rich border areas (Bakassi), have however been Nigerian for shorter periods, but only because you've had a little bit of "quarreling" about those areas, until the UN settled it.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong though...

(By the way: I don't think anyone whould say that Chad and Gabon is anything but Central Africa, so saying that the area between those two isn't, seems exceptionally strange to me.)

P.s: as I said, I don't mean to be bitchy... I just like to have the facts straight. I guess that's what being a teacher has done to me :D

17. LaydeezmanCris

I don't think he (or anyone) is saying Cameroon was ever part of Nigeria. He's simply saying that its location is equatorial positioning makes it more Western than Central.

All biases aside, Nigeria really owns the Bakassi Peninsula due to its geographical location but that's another story.

18. Ronja

Ronja New Member

well, he did say:
    How did I misunderstand that?

Regarding Bakassi, It seems like UN, (and probably all Cameroonians) would disagree with you, so let's just avoid that discussion :)