black guys with money

Discussion in 'Stereotypes and Myths' started by blackguy101, Sep 30, 2012.

1. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

People can be damaged regardless of age and martial status. Back to the topic, I have been with men with a lot of money and men of more meager means. I go by how I FEEL about the person and the connection we have.

I would never support a man finacially, or would go out with one who is cheap, but I don't need someone dropping bucks on me, drop your time instead.

2. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I must have missed the memo where "bitch" became a term of endearment. :smt017

Thank you. That's exactly it. You don't have to have been married to be jaded about relationships or become incredibly insecure because of past relationships.

It's how a person handles their past relationships that either sets them apart or doesn't.

A person should be "evaluated" as an individual and not lumped in with a ton of other people.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It can be bitch :)
    Its all about context. We use mofo on here all the time and no one gets bent out of shape.
    And as for my divorce comment I did say in my experience. Yours may vary

4. justmel

justmel New Member

Agreed, however, I also don't want expect a man to take care of me, but I do require time and energy..

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[​IMG]
    thats right...its just a myth

6. MissWacy

MissWacy New Member

come to England and you will see the opposite, also it will depend on what you have seen, others will have seen differently, though some will delude themselves to think its never the opposite because it either does not include them, or it contradicts their beliefs, or its just too emotionally damaging for certain people

7. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Hey don't you know every black man has a criminal record, where's a fitted hat and baggy jeans and plays basketball real well.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Athena again.

Lots of folks are sheep that fall under the media hype of what is presented to them without looking beyond that focus.

8. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

A fair point indeed when it comes to the approach in the rat race of life.

But I think its very important we keep in mind what two people are looking for in the context of a relationship.

What are their personalities, values, interests and how they relate to one another.

Personally I like white women that are very artsy, eclectic and hipsterish.

The kind of women I can take to a gallery or discuss a variety of topics with across a broad and varied spectrum together.

I'm not one for all the flashy glitter and makeup and little to no substance in a woman.

But I might have a different frame of mind than the next brotha who wants a different kind of white woman.

If you are looking for a big tittied blonde California babe who is seeking a sugar daddy then you know the score. Do what you have to do to get one, but don't complain if you can't knowing what she is about.

There are many white women that are laid back, not on some Kim Kardashian, Real Housewives of X,Y,Z location tripout. Nothing but over the top dramatics, histrionics and sheer annoyance.

If people are focusing on celebrities and their lifestyles then that is way off base, there are many ordinary interracial couples that we will never know about unless we see them in the streets and even then we know nothing about them personally.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  9. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

Actually I didn't know that and I didn't believe it either.
    I know a lot of white males that sound just like that.

And the black men I have known on a personal basis...hmmm
    Nope. None of them have fit that stereotype.

So it can go both ways (for women) or a different way or no way at all

10. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I do remember chesbaygirl saying that there aren't enough "quality men" around. This applies to men of all races, but especially men of minority status, including us.

I think women are looking for men who are on a certain level in a lot of areas within their lives.

11. Alinoa

Alinoa New Member

Define quality though. According to whom?

12. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

Exactly the point.

But its so easier for people to apply stereotypes in a one fell swoop.

As Athena mentioned so as to not think critically about something.

There are so many interracial couples of black men/white women that we will never see, so people run with what they see in the media. When most are ordinary Joes and Janes going about their lives.

Even if you see a couple how does one know if they have money or not, not everyone is flashy and a show off with material wealth.

I remember seeing a story on National Geographic about a man who became successful but he goes every few months out of the year on a cross country train trip as a hobo.

He does that because when he was younger he lived that way for a period of time after things fell apart in his life.

13. GQ Brotha

GQ Brotha New Member

:smt045

Very good question, considering quality in a person is a very subjective thing.

Its all about what draws you to that person, no one size fits all in such a concept.

14. justmel

justmel New Member

Good point, everyone has value it just depends on whether that person has the traits necessary for you to become interested in pursuing them and whether or not the two people believe that what they have is worth the work to maintain it.

15. The Dark King

Dude I lost you on this post.
    My point was that dudes who are usually making comments like the original poster made are normally looking for women in their 20s possibly early 30s with no kids and/or never been married. Unfortunately the ones who don't care about money or status most likely are a bit older with baggage and kids. High demand by guys like the poster with low supply. Especially if you don't live in or near a major city your task becomes that much harder it seems.

16. The Dark King

There's a universal standard. You're too damn smart to be acting dumb love.
    Quality includes education, job, physical appearance. We all know what people usually gravitate to.

17. justmel

justmel New Member

But haven't you ever had that moment where you felt something for someone and thought I have to get to know them just a little bit better? While I strongly value education and jobs are important sometimes there is just chemistry. And no TDK I am not disagreeing with you but I don't like to think that anyone is treated as if they have no value. All human life has value to me.

18. The Dark King

That last sentence is debatable but my point is when you're dating ie looking for someone to hook up with those other things come into play. Granted I've had chemistry with people, hell I have amazing chemistry with my girl but it's not much of a coincidence that she's a c cup with a brilliant mind/education, and one of the funniest people I've ever been around. Chemistry comes along with all the other things most us think of as quality attributes. I've yet to meet a woman I wasn't attracted to and then for "some reason" want to get to know her.
    This ain't Twilight lol

19. justmel

justmel New Member

Hmm, I guess chemistry is in part, what traits you admire. But there are some charismatic people that I adore that are not college educated or good looking by most standards..

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

lmao