BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Yeah I just got access to basic cable channels, so I'm always lookin for marathons or opportunities to catch up on shows

2. Lucky1920

Lucky1920 Restricted

I understand all of that. That is why she shouldn't have never gotten involved with him. If she was going to go there she should have taken the man seriously by sticking it out with him no matter. In the end she didn't take him or their relationship seriously. I was happy to see Algernon dump her ass the way he did. She played with that man.

3. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

She didn't play him. She simply didn't think things through. He of course could be accused of the exact same thing. Their lust, their love got in the way of their common sense. They have probably been attracted to another for years and never acted upon it. The passion and feelings rose to the surface and then things were put into motion following certain events. They never truly thought about the consequences however. A black woman could get away with having a half white baby without society, black or white, coming down HARD on her to the point that she became a pariah in her own community. That was one of the few "luxuries, if you can call it such a thing, that a black woman had over a white woman in those days. There was zero tolerance for a white chick having a half-black kid, ESPECIALLY if it came via an illicit affair.

Besides one has to be blind to not see that Cornelia has strong feelings for Algernon. It is possible she would have continued the affair if he had agreed that getting the abortion was the logical thing to do but he couldn't get beyond that. The dude didn't dump her in the end. He gave a bs story to salvage his pride and looked t get his ass beat in a street fight just to dull his pain. Sure Cornelia could have made things different herself by leaving her family and life behind and going with Algie to another country but she wasn't brave enough to do all of that which is more realistic wouldn't you agree?

4. Lucky1920

Lucky1920 Restricted

She did play with that dude. She didn't take their relationship seriously. That is why she didn't think things out. I can't say the same for Algernon because he was willing to do whatever it took to be with that broad. I'm glad she showed her true colors so now he can focus on his career. The man was doing big things down in the basement before he started fucking Cornelia.

5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Fortitude's Verónica Echegui reminds me of Penelope Cruz, but she's much more beautiful than Penelope.

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I really need to check this show out

7. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

*checking my local listings for showtimes*

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

You take the front, I'll take the back

9. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Now that's teamwork.

10. Im watching it now. Its a interesting show to say the least. She definitely is my favorite piece so far tho.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I don't know about pieces of ass but the show itself has pretty good reviews

Bummer I can't see it

12. Torrents brotha :D

13. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

What was Algernon's gameplan then? Answer: nothing. He was just as caught off guard by the whole situation when she announced her pregnancy. And he's a damn doctor who should have seen this coming. Then he spouted some fantasy about taking her away to some other country as if that would solve everything.

He got involved with a high society white woman from a rich family who was engaged to be married. Was it smart, did he think it through before he slept with her? Doubtful. And based on that by your definition he didn't take things serious enough either. And even if they moved to Canada or Europe which of the two would be giving up more? As a black male he would still be at the bottom of the totem pole regardless. Cornelia on the other hand would lose all family ties, all inheritance and societal standing and all the everyday privileges that normally came with being a white person of that era. She would now be all but shunned by the dominant white society because of whom she decided to make a child with. It would not be an equal sacrifice. Of course she would have gotten rid of her creepy father-in-law so maybe it would have evened out. :)

You can claim that she proved to be a coward or too weak when a decision had to be made. But played him? No. Not if it wasn't her intent to bail out from the beginning. And don't forget it was Algernon who told her before the breakup that their affair should have never happened. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

14. Lucky1920

Lucky1920 Restricted

His answer was to leave and go to Liberia. Which was very practical. If she had taken him as seriously he took her then she would have been on board. My wife would have done that for me without hesitation. That is why I'm saying she played with him. The things that came out of her mouth didn't reflect her decision in the end.

You're making the argument that Algernon should have known better. Well, shouldn't Cornelia also known better? It's not like she's a fucking two old who doesn't know how babies are conceived. What difference does it make anyway? At the end of the day he was willing to stick it out with her and deal with the situation. She wasn't willing to do the same for him. That is the entire point. There is nothing you can say to dispute that.

With all the racism he's received from just about all the staff at the Knick. Cornelia is probably like the only person on the show who accepted, respect him, and loved him. For her to tell him that she can have a black baby probably crush that dude in a way that you can only understand if you personally went through it. It's understandable why he took her decision so personally. That's not to say that her motives for making the decision she did wasn't justified. The still doesn't change the fact that she never attended for her and Algernon to be anything more than what it were. Does that make sense?

15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

In Liberia,he would be a doctor to a government official or the President of that nation. He could had living in Paris with her but,like you said Lucky she would been shunned since her friends and relatives visit that city. One could read the examples of major Black atheletes like Jack Johnson or Marshall Taylor on what they had been through in the early 20th Century.

16. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Have y'all seen the trailer for HBO's upcoming show "Ballers" starring The Rock and Produced by The Rock & Mark Wahlberg:

[YOUTUBE]15lfITfxMDI[/YOUTUBE]

Looks like The Rock has a white woman as a love interest. The Rock usually has ethnic women as his love interests.

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Check out Snitch, Journey 2, Walking Tall
    That's off the top of my head

18. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Last Man On Earth

The show debuted last month on FOX on Sunday nights.

They introduced this week a new character.

Actor Boris Kodjoe has been brought in, and he is the favorite of the 4 women survivors. There is now 3 white women and one black chick.

Show is pretty funny. There are 2 episodes left.

19. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Dianne Farr and Giancarlo Esposito in "Allegiance"

Giancarlo Esposito plays a terrorist and is romantically involved with Diane Farr (from Rescue me, Numbers fame). She plays a reporter.

Allegiance got cancelled from NBC, but is still on Hulu.

Giancarlo has four children with a white woman, Joy McManigal. But is now divorced.

Dianne Farr, after being jilted from a white guy after being engaged, married a Korean guy and has children with him. She even wrote a book on Interracial Love called, "Kissing outside the lines".

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015
  20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I knew that thing was crap......I couldn't even finish the first episode

The Americans is a way better spy show...or homeland