BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol....

As i was saying....

It would be cool to have MORE positive IR ( black/ white)

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You need to stop equating an issue that is uniquely specific to BM/WW relationships to IR relationships as a whole. It comes off as out of touch and condescending. Just saying...

3. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]G6RhFIPgL1Q[/YOUTUBE]

4. goodlove

goodlove New Member

There has been a large increase of IR period. The most have been latino and white or asian and white but black and white are low on the totem pole. Well it seems that way

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

The biggest complaint you hear about Scandal is the infidelity. Not the IR. Why would one complain (about the IR)? - her character is smart, educated, she makes scandals go away...and she's screwing the most powerful man on the planet/POTUS.
    No small-time nobody, of course.
    The Industry so loves seeing Black women with WM, they give out Oscars for it.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Bottom line, seeing a positive IR will be like finding a unicorn. Its all about racism

Cause she come across as oversexualuzed. Like bm , bw are viewed as promiscous.

Mhp talks about IR a bit cause her dad is black and mom is white and that was one of the subjects..scandel if i remember correctly. I kniw she talked about the cheerios commercial.

Scandel was dogged from the beginning for it..

True bmww are dogged but so every black white relationship. They just have different lyrics to it.

https://georgetownlawmcrp.wordpress...e-scandal-effect-on-the-image-of-black-women/

http://www.kstatecollegian.com/2013...-on-tv-still-portrayed-by-racial-stereotypes/

Hollywood and bmww relationships

http://m.fastcompany.com/3043046/th...us-and-hollywoods-interracial-couples-problem

Television shows, advertisements, and film often reflect the dominant societal views—but it’s a flawed cycle: These industries continue to churn out what they think the public wants, namely whites with whites, and blacks with blacks. Backlash often comes with on-screen interracial coupling (two words: Cheerios commercial) but the end goal for substantive diversity shouldn’t be clouded by a somewhat bigoted present.

"You don’t hear complaints about representations of white people on television partly because you can’t really stereotype a white person on television—white people have all sorts of roles: They’re the happily married couple, they’re the criminals, they’re the cops. There’s a wide range," Childs says. "It’s not about limiting representations and saying ‘this group should only be portrayed this way’—it’s that there are still so few interracial couples on-screen that the way they’re represented then becomes representative as how interracial relationships are. We need more diversity so that when we see an interracial couple and they have a bad relationship it doesn’t imply that interracial couples are bad."

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Ooops
    Ok

9. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Like with modern family jay and gloria (IR) have a normal functional and loving relationship.

The big bang theory when one guy dated an indian....all if new york and not one black. Oh wait rick fox played up a stereotype in one episode

U can see that in other IR other than black -white

10. AlmostThere

AlmostThere Active Member

Mostly everyone here understands this. He is either playing dumb to get a rise out of people or maybe he isn't playing.

11. AlmostThere

AlmostThere Active Member

good find

12. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Showing IR relationships as pathological is usually a feature of minority male/white female relationships.

13. goodlove

goodlove New Member

No doubt. As u pointed out and in one article it never ends well

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

We love this show. Could watch house hunters and property brothers literally all day long

15. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Same. I am addicted to those shows. Well produced and it's always something new. I'm a sucker for real estate-based shows, especially when a renovation is involved.

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

The best examples were True Colors and The Robert Guillaume Show(Benson). They showed relationships that were meaningful even though they were limited. But we get the idea.

17. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I forgot about benson. Im sure if the internet was around , social media wouldve been brutal on him

18. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Robert Guillaume once did a Perry Mason film on NBC. He played a publisher who was not a very nice person. Not even to his 3 ex-wives(2 of them were white). He is murdered and his ex-wives are suspects. I's say the 70's, 80's and 90's were pretty good to Robert Guillaume.

19. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

You'll like Buying Nude. It is a real estate buying reality show that shows people(the buyers are nude) in the nudist lifestyle buying homes in Hawaii and other places. The real estate agent is also nude. I saw a few episodes on the Home&Gardens channel. I don't think the show is on anymore.

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I remember one episode of Bensen when the housemaid of the Governor's Mansion had to inpersonate the Texas heiress who was flirtatious with Benson. Another was the housemaid was hypotised and almost kissed Benson.