BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It doesn't end well for him

2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I really liked these two and wished they had a more extensive storyline because their screentime together was much too brief. She also did IR in that WWE movie years ago . . . "Sleight".

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Omar Epps (Eric Foreman) & Olivia Wilde (Thirteen) from House M.D.

[​IMG]

4. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt23729238/

Boat Story

When two strangers discover a haul of cocaine on a lone washed-up boat, luck soon turns to misfortune as they become the targets of a vengeful mob boss, his hit man, and the police.

Anyone see this yet and if the two main leads have any flirtatious interaction?

Edit: free on Amazon and Freevee

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  5. Young Herschel

I always felt that Netflix's "13 Reasons Why" was like Euphoria Sugar-Free lol as far as teen drug and sex realism. I tend to chuckle when naysayers act with such disbelief when they themselves were probably just a bad as adolescents back in the Reagan '80s. Those are the only two teen shows on that MA echelon that I can recall though. I had high hopes after season one of "13 Reasons Why" but they never wanted straight black men to be part of its target audience . . . too focused on White male interracial content for my tastes but I still enjoyed first three seasons for quality dramatic storylines.

• List
  6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'm currently watching the 1st episode of Netflix's "3 Body Problem" and there does seem to be something Jovan Adepo & Eiza González's characters. I'm not sure if they're an established couple or it's a "will they, won't they" situation, but @mr.roboto was right.

Despite Inbar Lavi appearing in 6 episodes of season 2 of "The Last Ship" according to IMDB, there's no mention of her under recurring characters on the Wikipedia page about show's cast of characters. So I gotta assume she was only a minor recurring character.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  7. ColiBreh1

Through 3 episodes of Netflix's "3 Body Problem", the show hasn't been explicit about what Jovan Adepo & Eiza González's characters' personal 'ship is. But I'd describe it as either:

A. Exes who are still close with each other.

OR

B. They're an on & off again couple.

It's also possible they're still in "will they, won't they" phase & haven't became a couple yet.

• List
  8. Young Herschel

Just watched the full length trailer of the Prime Video adaptation of the New York Times #1 Best seller "The Baxters" and there is a significant storyline of interracial content with one of the Baxter daughters. I have not watch it yet but this is a faith and family based project aimed at the Hallmark channel demographic I think. The production value seems good so I will give it a look. It isn't a movie but a full season. I only recognize the Patriarch and Matriarch of the Baxter family as familiar actors Ted McGinley and Roma Downey respectively.

• List
  9. ColiBreh1

Here's the trailer for "The Baxters":

Netflix's website confirms that Jovan Adepo & Eiza González's characters' are an on & off again couple

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

i watched most of the 3BP, didn’t really care for it, but there’s plenty of subtext on the show to establish their “on & off again” status. Not much heat to any of the relationships on the show.

I spoiled myself with internet searches about the show The Baxter’s, not going to watch it, but am curious if someone invests the time. Faith-based programming with complicated character development and motivations is a good idea, but that ir ship seems to traffic in what some on this forum—including me—would prefer to avoid. It’s in the trailer so I’m not spoiling anything.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

This will air tonight on AMC, if you have AMC plus, you've already seen it. The episode is a slow burn, meant to set up somethings. the lead character is married to Paula Malcomson from Deadwood and Ray Donovan fame. This is what happened in the pilot.
    no affection but they do flirt with each other. Then they discuss married ppl problems

• List
  12. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

I've seen the first season and skipped to the third and last season. The ir ship doesn't go exactly how I thought it would, it's actually kinda inspiring but the end of season 1 is sad. No need for spoiler tag I didn't give any details.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

There was an IR kiss scene in the season finale of Resident Alien on SYFY

• List
  14. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I just noticed the first 5 episodes of Girls on the Bus are available on Max. That's half the season. Has anybody here checked it out yet? Is the wwbm relationship solid, or does she cheat? Is there a *barf* love triangle?

Edit-
    I did some Google searching and it's not what I feared, but it's not great either

There isn't a wwbm relationship at all. Melissa's character and the black dude are exes. They hooked up on the previous campaign and she ghosted him. Now he's got a big shot political position that might complicate some stuff for her.

The white guy is literally known as Hot White Guy, and she's having day dream fantasies about dude stripping to Ginuwine.

Doesn't sound like there's gonna be any wwbm relationship on this show at all. Sounds like it's all in the past, so maybe some flashbacks? I might not even watch. Hopefully one of you will have a pleasant surprise report for us in the next few weeks lol

Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I was just thinking about trying that show. Can you give some context to that kiss in spoiler tags?

16. Jeffrey Tripp

Melissa and Black dude hooked up in episode 2 and kissed again in episode 3. She also fantasized about him in episode 4 which was a full on make out session.
    Black dude is clearly the main love interest.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

See, this is why I ask you guys instead of just googling lol. Thanks for the info. Do you think the show is worth watching?

18. Jeffrey Tripp

It's alright I guess it depends on how you feel about journalism and girl power.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Young Herschel

I watch it. It is very easy to get onto and new episodes air each Thursday night. This a very realistic sociopolitical show that is timely for what we witnessed in the winter of 2016.

• List
  20. Young Herschel

That's not accurate. The IR relationship is on again off again. They have issues but still get together seasonally lol. It is the political season so they are both in mid-season form. Life in Washington D.C. was like this when I worked as a summer intern at the U.S. Attorneys office.

These people live in a traveling political election season circus. The IR couple is not official because they cannot be . . . it would be too hazardous professionally due to their careers understand. She is press corp and he is Chief of Staff for the Hillary Clinton character who lost the previous election but is running again on the surprise tip.

• List