BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

For folks who've never played the "Fallout" video games, Gamespot.com put out this 7-minute clip last week giving you the backstory & lore from the video games:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

What makes it worse then a lot of cases is Maximus aint exactly a paragon of moral virtue.

Its annoying and I hate it no matter what but it makes even less sense for a total non boy scout.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I'm only 5 episodes in, but he's definitely not perfect so far. There must be some wwbm stuff in the last 3 episodes, because there's none so far
    even though she was really impressed with him when they first crossed paths in episode 2

4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I just watched the Vault scene in question, and I'm not as disappointed as I thought I would be

Maximus is clearly a virgin who never received any real sex education. Based on his comments, I'm legit not even sure he knows exactly how have sex. She just casually propositioned him out of nowhere, and dude simply was not prepared lol

Don't get me wrong, I still wish she had just insisted on teaching him and he eagerly let her. But under the circumstances, I see the point I think they were making about how much the world has changed and how different the vaults are from the surface (and the Brotherhood especially).

Also I think it speaks to his slowly becoming a better person, at least partially. He's sticking with the knights' code when he absolutely doesn't have to -- even though it's probably partially motivated by being embarrassed from not knowing exactly what do to in the situation.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Yup I've run into some if this anti-IR pushback in the past day. Some dudes on Reddit are claiming full "Woke Agenda!" But people are asking them why IR couples are so offensive, and I have yet to see an answer besides "they shouldn't be shoving it down our throats." :rolleyes:

I've also seen a few YouTube reviewers complaining that it's basically the only thing they don't like about the series (either the Max-Lucy relationship or just Maximus himself). I try to be objective about all this, but their reasons don't make a lot of sense to me. The hate is truly real.

6. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

It's all about insecurity and jealousy. They are threatened by Black males and they know "their" women like us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

That's the craziest thing about it. Statistically, there are still far more same race couples than IR couples, on TV and IRL. They're seriously this salty over an uptick of representation on-screen.

This is why I keep going with the "representation matters" stuff that I know annoys some dudes here. People need to see these things in their media so it becomes common. Then maybe the next generation will have less of this nonsense. White people won't be replaced. Society won't crumble. We'll just have a little more racial harmony and people living their lives. I almost wish there was an "agenda" behind this lol

Sorry about the rant ROFL

8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The whole agenda allegations and "shoving it down our throats" term is just misusing those terms to disguise their true negative feelings about something positive. I said it before but Interracial Love doesn't have a huge backing, a prominent respected organization or a mainstream supported movement ESPECIALLY in Hollywood for it to be shoved down our throats. Actresses are the women in the industry that are LEAST likely to date outside their race especially dating or marrying a Black Man.

There are SO many IR Love stories out there between BM/WW that Hollywood still doesn't touch. And if they do it will hardly be recognized. A lot of these IR between Black Men and White Women on TV are done so poorly(and on purpose like that) that silly accusations like this are laughable by people that pay attention.

And as far as agendas go. Agendas are political and have evil intentions behind it. Just what exactly is the evil intention that has EVER came out of the promotion of IR Love that has hurt them.

9. ColiBreh1

Which YouTubers were these?

Also on Twitter & YouTube, Reddit often gets painted as woke left-wing version of 4chan (the @reddit_lies Twitter account is a primary example of this). So that backlash on Reddit is intresting.

10. ENKI

ENKI New Member

YouTubers like this guy:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

In the 2020 miniseries The Good Lord Bird Lex King played Ottillie Assing Frederick Douglass' German lover.

12. ColiBreh1

LOL, I've never heard of that guy. I follow a bunch of anti-woke cultural content youtubers & I've never seen/heard any of them complain about IRRs, so I was wondering what YouTube rabbit hole @qaz1 went down to find the white anti-IRRs YouTubers. The anti-IR content I usually see on my YouTube feed/recommendations are from the black sector of YouTube.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024 at 6:27 PM
  13. ColiBreh1