BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Yup

And I'll add that they don't have to be modeled after Days of Our Lives. Ever heard of WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment)? :smt081

2. goodlove

goodlove New Member

swirling on soaps....nutting new. but nice

3. SxEfever34

SxEfever34 Member

can i get a link please?

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I seen a bit of it a few weeks ago

Was surprised to see stefano's son, Sammy and John still there

I watched it heavily in the 90s when they had the supernatural story arc going

5. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

6. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

HBO series - Girls

I was sitting around last week and couldnt sleep and was channel surfing.

Came across a repeat episode of HBO's "Girls". I got sucked into the episode and went to "ON DEMAND" and started watching Seasons 1 and 2. I finished up the other day.

The show is similiar to HBO's "Sex and the City", the difference is these are younger females just out of college and are still figuring out their lives. The characters are pretty much financially broke and trying to survive in NYC, unlike the women in Sex and the City that were set in their careers and financially stable.

The Girls are immature and make a lot of bad decisions. The title character "Hannah" that the show revolves around had a quick IR relationship with a brotha in a few episodes starting at the begining of the 2nd season.

Being that the show is in NYC, the other characters most likely will get involved with brothas.

It's a interesting show...but it needs to be retitled "Girls Who Make Bad Decisions".

[​IMG]

Series Synopsis - Aspiring writer Hannah gets a shock when her parents visit from E. Lansing Michigan and announce they will no longer financially support her as they have done since her graduation from Oberlin College two years before. Left to her own devices in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, she and her friends navigate their twenties, "one mistake at a time." Allison Williams, Jemima Kirke,Zosia Mamet, Adam Driver and Alex Karpovsky co-star as Hannah's circle of friends​

7. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw a few in American Dad and Family Guy. Animation might be another medium. In Animatrix, a sort of spinoff of The Matrix trilogy, the asian woman has a long and passionate kiss with her trainer, a black man.

8. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I think the guy was played by Kid Cudi, if I remember correctly.

OOOPS: Self-edit. That was HBO's "How To Make It In America".

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath and it annoyed me that my boy Donald Glover was pining over her sloppy ass. That girl isn't even remotely good looking and the show comes off a little racist in fact I suppose the only reason she had Donald Glover on the show was to curtail all the racist accusations the show got for the first season. Its filmed in Brooklyn and not a single a person of color anywhere in that first season especially amongst their group of friends. Its the same kind of critique Friends use to get, 10 seasons and I think only two people of color ever. Girl also depicts the age old issue about femininity in this country, are you only seen as a girl if you're white?

10. The Dark King

Nope Donald Glover from Community

11. orejon4

I think the guy was played by Kid Cudi, if I remember correctly.

OOOPS: Self-edit. That was HBO's "How To Make It In America".

12. The Dark King

Oh yeah that was a good show. Too bad it got cancelled

13. orejon4

Yeah, a far more realistic depiction of NYC than 'Girls', in my humble opinion.

14. The Dark King

Amen brother. To be fair Girl speaks to a very specific demographic, liberal arts/humanities majors who are having a hard time realizing that the promise of a good solid middle class life is pretty much gone at this point and having to deal with it.
    That first episode where Hanna asked to be paid after two years of working for free is very telling of the times for a lot of recent grads and her employers response was basically good luck to you I have 50 resumes of people willing to come in and replace you for free. That's how so many companies can record profits because this is part of the new slave labor class its crazy.

15. orejon4

Especially if they know you come from a family of means and are desperate for networking and contacts opportunities. They whore you out because you need them more than they need you.

Oh, and as for IR sightings, I have to big up my favorite new Subway commercial! [YOUTUBE]z6woAxFAFH0[/YOUTUBE]

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Lol how did black dragon get put on restriction

I know he started some suspect shit with this thread but damn

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

not exactly TV but...

[YOUTUBE]0ia0OgmosmA[/YOUTUBE]

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

[YOUTUBE]pBY2KfM4FCg[/YOUTUBE]

old clip from '11

19. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Loved the clips I will make sure to put them in my faves.

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I remember the IR episode on How to Make it in America. Wished it was back on the air. As for Girls I wonder why the homeboy gets the unattractive White female?